It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Egypt: A country full of military checkpoints

Just a reminder that this thread is also for new data and speculative inquiry.

One thing Ive always found odd about travelling through egypt is that its impossible to go investigating and "having a look around" on your own. There are many hundreds of military checkpoints all over the country. Alone from Cairo to Luxor by car I counted 40 (!).

Upon closer examination, there seems to be no reason for all these checkpoints at all. You can travel through any of egypts neighbouring countries - sudan, libya (if you ever get in), israel, without all this pointless checking. Considering that all of these countries have more difficult situations, thats quite a surprise.

Sudan has the civil war crisis (Darfur)
Israel has the Palestinian conflict
Libya is off-limits to Americans

But its in egypt that you see the largest military presence and have the most controls.

Supposedly most of the country is nothing but sand and there´s nothing to discover there. So what are they protecting? What are they hiding? Checkpoint officials will openly admit that I cannot leave the main road, cannot leave the tourist trail. "No. No go there. Is not for tourist. Luxor is straight on pleeez". And even at the usual places all tourists are channelled to, one never walks unobserved.

Why are they so afraid I´ll make a right-turn before going to Luxor? Afterall, all I´d discover is some rock and sand...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

O...Hi....
I followed this thread on the old BlackVault back when it was creditable.
Last article I read iwas that the "space/box" beneath the paws of the sphinx was penetrated by an tube and optic lens. That was the last post probably over 5 years ago. Whats more is there was a post that same year that a "cavern complex was discovered under the Giza Plateau area large enough to hold an entire city. That post died the next day also. I suspect there is a lot that Hawsee is hiding about concerning knowledge hidden in the pryamids and under the sphinx.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Are you quoting Zarachy Sitichin's work or some other source of the translation of the Sumarian Version "The Epic of Gilgamesh"?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Originally posted by Harte
Your site states that these are 'undeniable" works of the locals and that there is nothing remaining of any stones that were moved from distant locales.

This could be taken as a matter of opinion. You may have read the story of the Spanish chronicler(Garcilaso de la Vega), born in 1539 ( about 30 yrs after the temple was supposedly finished and 6 yrs after Spanish invasion) within the walls of Sacsayhuaman and seemingly has no clue how it was built. Here's a portion of what he said:

" But it is indeed beyond the power of imagination to understand how these Indians, unacquainted with devices, engines, and implements, could have cut, dressed, raised, and lowered great rocks, more like lumps of hills than building stones, and set them so exactly in their places. For this reason, and because the Indians were so familiar with demons, the work is attributed to enchantment."

The mystery here is that if it took 20000-30000 men to complete this structure, then wouldn't there have been a chance that at least a few of these men would've been around during de la Vega's childhood, to explain how it was done... When the Spanish first arrived in Cusco they couldn't believe that such a 'primitive people' could construct such things or at least explain how.

Hence, no one can really say how large they were.

Also, the largest stone mentioned, a limestone boulder from (apparently) a nearby quarry, is said to weigh 140 metric tons.

True hard to measure how large they really are. And yes that particular site says 140 tons. I have many sites bookmarked about this place and must've remembered sizes from a different one.

Here are few that suggest the largest stones to be 300, 350, and even 500 tons if you care...
www.mit.edu...
www.andeanessentials.com...
www.wideview.it...
www.cusco-peru.org...

Not saying that's small, but it's not what I asked for as an example, is it?

Well it still could be considered as an example of what you asked for, which was a million pound stone dragged over mountainous terrain from miles away. Although not necessarily hundreds of miles( or exactly 1 million pounds), even dragging 5 miles over mountains at 9000ft above sea level with no wheel is quite impressive.

Basically I'm walking down two avenues. One is that if the Incas didn't actually construct these then who did? But if they did, then who or what influenced them? This applies also to the Egyptians and Giza. The more I learn the more definitive my path will become.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Would you explain the construction secrets of a temple to your god to a bunch of people who are killing you for worshipping said "demon" and pillaging your shiny yellow metal stockpile?

I wouldn't.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

One would need to "explain" why no major structure built prior to the 5th Dynasty was "decorated" as well, then?

Well that is in a way reversing the question, but you doing that because you don’t dare admit that it is very strange indeed.

And you also can’t say that it is not because they didn’t have the craftsmanship to do it then, because this is mainstream Egyptologists information.

Narmer was an Egyptian Pharaoh Early dynastic: Upper Egypt. The king who combined Upper and Lower Egypt. Around 3100 BC

en.wikipedia.org...

Look to the very detailed and beautiful figures on the NarmerPalette.

Those of Qa'a (also Qáa) was the last king of the First dynasty of Egypt

en.wikipedia.org...

Then Pharaoh Sekhemkhet who was in Egypt during the Third dynasty. 2649 BC to 2643 BC

en.wikipedia.org...

So, isn’t it very strange then that they used them already on palettes to record the great deeds of Pharaohs, but the Pharaohs don’t find it necessary to use them later in those greatest monuments of Egypt?

Is that a bit of explanation for you?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

One would need to "explain" why no major structure built prior to the 5th Dynasty was "decorated" as well, then?

Well that is in a way reversing the question, but you doing that because you don’t dare admit that it is very strange indeed.

On the contrary, I did it to show you that there is nothing strange about it at all.

And you also can’t say that it is not because they didn’t have the craftsmanship to do it then, because this is mainstream Egyptologists information.

Narmer was an Egyptian Pharaoh Early dynastic: Upper Egypt. The king who combined Upper and Lower Egypt. Around 3100 BC

en.wikipedia.org...

Look to the very detailed and beautiful figures on the NarmerPalette.

Those of Qa'a (also Qáa) was the last king of the First dynasty of Egypt

en.wikipedia.org...

Then Pharaoh Sekhemkhet who was in Egypt during the Third dynasty. 2649 BC to 2643 BC

en.wikipedia.org...

So, isn’t it very strange then that they used them already on palettes to record the great deeds of Pharaohs, but the Pharaohs don’t find it necessary to use them later in those greatest monuments of Egypt?

Yet you don't think it's "strange" that none of these kings you mention had any "decorations" in their tombs?

The Narmer palette is a nice piece of artwork, but it is not from the wall of some building now, is it.

So you base your consideration that the absence of decorations in the G.P. is "strange" on artwork found that predates it, even though hardly any of the buildings prior to the Fifth Dynasty were decorated?

Harte

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yet you don't think it's "strange" that none of these kings you mention had any "decorations" in their tombs?

Can you give me the links where I can see their tombs then?

The Narmer palette is a nice piece of artwork, but it is not from the wall of some building now, is it.

Anyone can see that of course.

So you base your consideration that the absence of decorations in the G.P. is "strange" on artwork found that predates it, even though hardly any of the buildings prior to the Fifth Dynasty were decorated?

To witch buildings do you refer then besides the pyramids?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Would you explain the construction secrets of a temple to your god to a bunch of people who are killing you for worshipping said "demon" and pillaging your shiny yellow metal stockpile?

This certainly could be an explanation but I don't think they were necessarily being killed for worshipping a 'demon' per se, I think they were being killed simply because they were being invaded. The shiny yellow metal was definitely being pillaged however.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Can you give me the links where I can see their tombs then?

Anyone can see that of course.

To witch buildings do you refer then besides the pyramids?

Spacevisitor,

Here's the best I can do for you right now. Maybe some other time I will have more time:
Link to tombs of the First and Second Dynasty kings of Egypt

More advice - you could try TourEgypt.net. But their site seems to be having some trouble right now.

Use their search function - try the terms early+dynasty+architecture.

Harte

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Spacevisitor,
Here's the best I can do for you right now. Maybe some other time I will have more time:
Link to tombs of the First and Second Dynasty kings of Egypt

More advice - you could try TourEgypt.net. But their site seems to be having some trouble right now.

Use their search function - try the terms early+dynasty+architecture.

Harte

Oke Harte, thanks for the links and until next time.

Take care.
spacevisitor.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Either way, it's genocide. The Spanish sure used religious reasons to justify the slaughter.

But, yeah. I can't imagine the natives were to amenable to discussing engineering with the Spanish - Nor do I think the Spanish would have cared much, really.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
For those interested in the Giza monuments in relation to “Forbidden” Egyptology.

This is in my opinion a very interesting site about that, with in my personal opinion very well-founded thesis and some interesting pictures.

“Construction Date of the Great Pyramid”

cycle-of-time.net...

[edit on 12/3/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'll be in Egypt in a weeks time, so I can take pics of some of the tombs I visit and I'll report here when I get back of anything weird I see.

peace

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanx I'ed been looking for that url..had it once and lost it,, I love the info inclosed. So many "christians" could get over guilt and sin and focus on beening better people..

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The cutting and transporting of incredibly large stones took place right in modern times in the USA. Ed Skallein (? sp.) in the late 1800's a Croatian immigrant built Coral Cables in Florida. If you arent familiar with this, its worth surfing the net for. He accomplished the same incredible feats,, alone,, he claims to have done it via "resonance" nullifing the effects of gravity, and that every human being has the capibility.
Intonation as practiced by Tibetian Monks are rumored to have the same ability.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Pyramids built before the flood, extraterrestrial presence and their sexual relations with humans, the destruction of mankind as a punishment for interbreeding, radioactive fallout, advanced weaponry, genetic engineering, its all been written down in ancient texts.

Skyfloating, it looks very interesting to me, but can you possebly give me some specific links where to look, because it saves me a lot of time to read it all.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitorThis is in my opinion a very interesting site about that, with in my personal opinion very well-founded thesis and some interesting pictures.

“Construction Date of the Great Pyramid”
cycle-of-time.net...

Like many an "alternative history" on Ancient Egypt, it works only if you ignore a lot of things on and around Giza's plateau, including the other monuments sitting right next to the pyramids and the inscriptions on a number of temples right next to the pyramids.

Also ignored in the alternative history texts is any mention of the village where the workers lived for 70 or so years, while all 3 pyramids were being constructed (and the graveyard of the workers and nobles right there next to the pyramids). This has been a rich source of information... but the alternative history writers are quick to avoid mentioning it, just as they're quick to avoid mentioning the smaller satellite pyramids, the queens' pyramids, and the funeral chapels (among other things.)

Here's an old article on it:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

...and this one that also goes into the other tombs there and some of the things found there:
www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

...and the web page of one of the archaeological teams that's working on the village:
www.aeraweb.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Originally posted by Byrd
I have to go see a man about a dinosaur (yes, really... I am a volunteer fossil preparator),

Hi Byrd, thanks for the links, but let us forget the pyramids for a moment, because I am also interested in this.
How was your dinosaur meeting, interesting I hope?
That must be pretty exiting to do, being a volunteer fossil preparatory I mean.
About what kind of dinosaur fossils do you speak, and do you this for a long time?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Like many an "alternative history" on Ancient Egypt, it works only if you ignore a lot of things on and around Giza's plateau,

Just as a general interjection here from the "fringe" side:

Mainstream egyptology only works if you ignore euhemerism, diffusionism and additionally subscribe to darwinism or biblical history both of which assert that there was not much happening from 1 Million B.C. to 7000 B.C.

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join