It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
According to Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall in association with Mark Lehner and other Egyptologists there where no wheels used when the Great Pyramid was build.

But even when they had wheels to there disposal, it is in my opinion very unlikely that wheels good be used in relation to the weight of the blocks to transport them thru the dessert.

Khufu Pyramid Statistics
A total of over 2,300,000 (or only 590,712)* blocks of limestone and granite were used in its construction with the average block weighing 2.5 tons and none weighing less than 2 tons. The large blocks used in the ceiling of the King's Chamber weigh as much as 9 tons.

Source; www.world-mysteries.com...

These blocks weighed from two to four tonne on average, with the heaviest used at the base of the pyramid. An estimated 2.4 million blocks were used in the construction. High quality limestone was used for the outer casing, with some of the blocks weighing up to 5 tonne. This limestone came from Tura, about 14 km away on the other side of the Nile. Granite quarried nearly 800 km away in Aswan with blocks weighing as much as 60-80 tonne, was used for the King's Chamber and relieving chambers.

A construction management study (testing) carried out by the firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall in association with Mark Lehner and other Egyptologists, estimates that the total project required an average workforce of 14,567 people and a peak workforce of 40,000. Without the use of pulleys, wheels, or iron tools, they surmise the Great Pyramid was completed from start to finish in approximately 10 years

Source; en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Great pictures PhotonEffect, and an unsolved mystery to,
and strrd.
The truth is that no one knows who really build them, how they build them, it is so far nothing more then pure speculation.

Great vid, look at 01:55 where you see that big block with the amazing 12 corners, try to imagine how “they” did that, what are the “tools” needed to accomplish that, it looks in a way “On Earthly.” to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Good read photoneffect, some I'd read before, some was new information I can explore, so thanks.

I just need clarity on a few things, the book of Thoth, I got the impression that some of these had been found? or was this a mistake on my part, if they have, I'd love to give them a read, even if it is only a theory, I'd love to read those books

Weren't all Aztec or Mayan gods such as Quetzalcoatl serpents? have any other gods been depicted as serpents? I always find this interesting in relation with all the talk you hear of Alpha draconians, but that's WAAAAAAY off topic.

I also read in that article that the density of the pyramid is in an inverted correlation? (less dense the higher you go) is this true, because that is very interesting.

thanks in advance. EMM

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
CIA-operatives, Nazis and New Agers in egypt and censorhip of the book "The Stargate Conspiracy":

Interesting Read

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Wheels were used in ancient egypt, but not for carrying heavy loads.

Wheeled vehicles were never widely used and for heavy loads they were not strong enough anyway. Giant statues and the like were loaded onto wooden sledges and dragged by large numbers of men. Smaller loads were also often transported by sledge. In the tomb of Petosiris there is a depiction of a mummy being transported to its tomb on a wheeled hearse, which was, even in this late era, unusual. The little naos following the hearse on the other hand was loaded onto a sledge.

Source

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Interesting link, don’t read it all yet.

What is your opinion about this Skyfloating?

It looks as there is in our history a highly possible connection with some “other” more advanced “people” like Viracocha and Quetzalcoatl in South and Meso-America, and Osires in Egypt, who had a much greater knowledge of things then the locals in that same time period had.
I wander where all they came from?

Viracocha, en.wikipedia.org...

According to one source [4][unreliable source?], legends of the Aymara Indians say that the Creator God Viracocha rose from Lake Titicaca during the time of darkness to bring forth light. Viracocha was a storm god and a sun god who was represented as wearing the sun for a crown, with thunderbolts in his hands, and tears descending from his eyes as rain. He wandered the earth disguised as a beggar and wept when he saw the plight of the creatures he had created. Viracocha made the earth, the stars, the sky and mankind, but his first creation displeased him, so he destroyed it with a flood and made a new, better one, taking to his wanderings as a beggar, teaching his new creations the basics of civilization, as well as working numerous miracles. Viracocha eventually disappeared across the Pacific Ocean (by walking on the water), and never returned. It was thought that Viracocha would re-appear in times of trouble.

Quetzalcoatl, en.wikipedia.org...

Quetzalcoatl (pronounced [ketsalˈkoːaːtɬ] in Nahuatl) is an Aztec sky and creator god. The name is a combination of quetzalli, a brightly colored Mesoamerican bird, and coatl, meaning serpent. Quetzalcoatl is often referred to as The Feathered Serpent and was connected to the planet Venus. He was also the patron god of the Aztec priesthood, of learning and knowledge.[1]

Interesting also,
www.grahamhancock.com...

Here is another intriguing finding.
While surfing on the net, I find this one, and it is quit amazing to say the least.

THE PREHISTORIC ALIGNMENT OF WORLD WONDERS
Great circles are straight lines that go all the way around the center of the earth. The equator is a great circle. Meridians of longitude that cross over the north and south poles are also great circles. For every location on a great circle, it's antipodal location is also on the circle. Other than the equator itself, any great circle crosses the equator at two antipodal locations, 180° apart. Other than the equator and meridians of longitude that run due north and south, any great circle reaches it's maximum latitudes at two locations that are 90° of longitude east and west of the two locations where the great circle crosses the equator.

Easter Island, Nazca, Ollantaytambo, Paratoari, Tassili n'Ajjer and Giza are all aligned on a single great circle. Additional ancient sites that are located within one tenth of one degree of this great circle include Petra; Perseopolis; Khajuraho; Pyay, Sukothai and Anatom Island.

Source; home.hiwaay.net...

[edit on 28/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I just need clarity on a few things, the book of Thoth, I got the impression that some of these had been found? or was this a mistake on my part, if they have, I'd love to give them a read, even if it is only a theory, I'd love to read those books

The Emerald Tablets may be what your speaking of. I'm not entirely sure how these differ from The Book of Thoth (or 42 books of Thoth) but the information on them are said to descend from Thoth through Hermes (the Greek incarnation of Thoth).

Alchemy is said to have derived its inspiration from these tablets. There is also some speculation that the originals are buried somewhere in Giza. What we have today are translations that have been handed down thru the millennia. There's even translations from Isaac Newton. You'll see though, that they all basically say the same thing.

And yes there is mention about Atlantis. Thoth has been said to be Atlantean.

Here's an excerpt from the tablet called 'The Key of Mystery':

Unto thee, O man,
have I given my knowledge.
Unto thee have I given of Light.
Hear ye now and receive my wisdom
brought from space planes above and beyond.

Space planes?

There are both literal translations and interpretations of the tablets. So read on and take it for what it is, translations and interpretations handed down from antiquity.

Preface
Translations- 1
The Emerald Tablets-Translation 2

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ok so here's a leap into the pool of speculation.

There was an in depth study ( you mean another one) written on the Giza pyramids and how they may have been used to create nuclear energy. Smells skunky I know, but the paper was interesting, at least the parts that I was able to get thru so far.

There was some considerable debate about it in a thread here at ATS and for the most part the theory received some harsh criticisms.

Since we don't really know what the pyramids were for I am open to any theory. But something struck me about the Nuclear Pyramid abstract...

Ever notice what the symbol for a "nuclear fallout shelter" looks like?

If you don't see 3 pyramid shapes on there then you need some specs.

The sub-terrainian chambers, or even the Kings Chamber of the GP for that matter, seems like a good place to seek shelter in the event of a nuclear type event...with all those tons of stone above and around you.

Just another thought....

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

My opinion spacevisitor, is that we´ve had spacevisitors.

(And that after that they installed a policy of "non-interference" by disappearing out of sight for a few thousand years)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

My opinion spacevisitor, is that we´ve had spacevisitors.

(And that after that they installed a policy of "non-interference" by disappearing out of sight for a few thousand years)

Exactly Skyfloating.

(And now, as is seeing all over the world, we are back in town again, and I am one of them.)

And I have heard rumours, that the once installed policy of "non-interference" a few thousand years ago, is be reinstalled in a policy of “interference” again.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Unitl the mid 20th century almost all Egyptogists were not Egyptian nor Muslim. Even today a large percentage are not Egyptian or Muslim.

The CIA World Factbook, from which Wikipedia took its numbers, says that 86% of egypt is muslim.

Unfortunately that has nothing to do with what was being discussed. So why bring it up? Oh wait, you had no real response so you came up with a non-response.....

The knowledge and information about Egyptology and ancient Egypt is NOT controlled by Egyptians. In the last two generations they have taken control of the sites but all previous data is already published (mainly in French and German), the majority of Egyptologists are NOT Muslim nor Egyptian. I have no figures but foreigners continue to do major work in Egypt and publish outside of the that nation.

You are being overinfluenced by fringe haters of Zahi - he isn't that powerful.

In Islam what went on before 623 is consider by many to be immaterial, many Islamic countries have weak archaeological programs in response to this lack of cultural interest, Egypt is somewhat difference due to previous Western influence and although Mainly Muslim they are not truly Arabs.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Give me some time to read up on the nuclear-shelter-theory. Ive heard about it but never really looked into it.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I was only pointing out that your claim "a large percentage of egyptians are not muslim" is wrong. Sorry for any inconvinience the facts may have caused you

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Unitl the mid 20th century almost all Egyptogists were not Egyptian nor Muslim. Even today a large percentage are not Egyptian or Muslim.

I was only pointing out that your claim "a large percentage of egyptians are not muslim" is wrong. Sorry for any inconvinience the facts may have caused you

howdy Skyfloating

Wow that is amazing so you mind linking to where I said that? Here is what I think I said.

"Unitl the mid 20th century almost all Egyptogists were not Egyptian nor Muslim

Yet you misquoted me to say I had said: "a large percentage of egyptians are not muslim"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmmm methinks you should work on reading comprehension and how to quote properly...,..being a moderator and everything....

But more seriously, what results have come out of this long thread?

(Kudos to Harte for contributing)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yet you misquoted me

You said "a large percentage are not egyptian or muslim", yes. But it still means the same thing, namely that a large percentage are not muslim. This I refuted by pointing out that 86% of of the population of egypt muslim.

Period.

As for this thread: Its been a fantastic read.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Upon browsing through the plutonium-mill thread & nuclear shelter theory I dont think there´s enough "meat" to support the idea. But it sure beats the mainstream idea of tombs.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm with you on that too. The nuclear pyramid was never a theory I bought into although it was a good read. The fallout shelter correlation came to me suddenly today when I saw it on a building on my street. Probably no correlation at all but I thought I'd stir the pot a little...

reply to post by spacevisitor

Great pictures PhotonEffect, and an unsolved mystery to,
and strrd.

Thank you spacevisitor.
If you're a believer of the orthodox view of egyptology then it's my opinion that the AE's received their knowledge from somewhere else(see Thoth). If you're not of the orthodox view then it is my opinion that those structures have been there for thousands of years longer than what we're lead to believe. (see Thoth)

But more seriously, what results have come out of this long thread?
(Kudos to Harte for contributing)

Hey there Hanslune,

What are your thoughts on the Ancient Egyptians?

Feel free to contribute anything here that may provide for some healthy good ole boy (and girl) debate...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
If you're a believer of the orthodox view of egyptology then it's my opinion that the AE's received their knowledge from somewhere else(see Thoth). If you're not of the orthodox view then it is my opinion that those structures have been there for thousands of years longer than what we're lead to believe. (see Thoth)

This is my view on how I think of Egyptology today PhotonEffect.
I really think that much of the orthodox view of Egyptology is correct, but there are definitely things that they try and try to explain with an to narrow view, and what in my opinion absolute don’t fit with the reality.[Forbidden Egyptology]

Exactly the same happens with Archaeology, every thing that don’t fit in that same narrow view as you see in Egyptology, are disappearing or is total ignored.
[Forbidden Archaeology]

Absolute unbelievable and unacceptable in my opinion, because what good be wrong in correct certain views when it appears to be incorrect and must therefore be corrected.

I hope you understand my saying.

[edit on 29/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
While I will not try to undermine the general knowledge of the archaeologists I will recount an experience I had in the states. While going through an exhibit on early american cultures, I saw an object that was labeled as an ornament or possible trade goods. To me I saw a tool used to straighten and standardize arrows. If you have ever praticed primitive living and flintknapping you come to understand a little better of the tools used to accomplish certain tasks. I pointed this out to the caretaker and explained its use. After demonstrating what it was used for and how it was used I went on about the display. Going back months later it was still labeled the same. It is very hard to understand a culture when you have not lived as they have lived. It is even harder to accept an idea from one outside of the standard for knowledge. Perhaps if they tried to accomplish a feat similar to this in a primitive manner they might come to understand how and maybe even why it was was undertaken. Just my two cents.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Great read on the 'Tablets of Thoth', I have been reading them, but haven't read them all yet, a few translations aswell, which is interesting. Are the tablets 'rumoured' or are they in a museum somewhere, I'm not sure if this has been covered yet. Maybe the rest of these tablets are what's buried under the sphinx, you never know

I'll guess we'll 'find out' when they start re-excavating around the pyramids when they're precious walls are finished.

Thanks. EMM

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join