It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin Texas UFO witness Ricky Sorrells being harassed by the Air Force. (MUST READ)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
He may have seen a "test" vehicle, or possibly an operational model....

Two recent articles like this released;

The Air Force is preparing to test its Mach 10 speedster, the unmanned Falcon hypersonic test vehicle that will pave the way for jets that can fly faster than a bat out of hell on their way to spying on everyone, dropping bombs and even slinging satellites into orbit. Source

The above is from an article I believe dates from 2006, not terribly recent.

However, today, this story is released....

Government teams, working with private contractors, also hope to develop long-range hypersonic aircraft that would take off from conventional runways, travel more than 10,000 miles in two hours and land on runways. Source

That's like, what? 5000 miles an hour? ( I know, my math is getting much better ) How fast did Steve Allen estimate the craft's speed? A touch less than that.

Could an operational craft be working? Using some kind of propulsion that is totally unknown?

Maybe if Ricky Sorrells is being harassed, he saw operational details of a working aircraft and the Defense Dept. feels he should be muffled? Was the craft possibly disabled in some way....limping along on "warp" speed, so to speak?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

IF he's telling the truth and he's seen this thing 4 times, then yeah - that's what separates him from the other witnesses:

- Why does this thing keep returning to his land?

- What if the helicopters weren't there to harass him - what if they were there looking for something?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I agree that if Sorrells has seen this thing on more than one occasion and up close and personal is perhaps why he is being harassed and others have not been besides Steve Allen, who has been more vocal about it than others in the area.

Something to think about also...
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

...check that article out...is it true that the crawford ranch is near that location and that this object might have flown right through restricted airspace? If so, the govt did, in fact, spot this and must have footage and know all about it..and if this was actual air force training/testing, it couldn't have been going on in that area right above the president's ranch. I'm just super curious as to how close Sorrells is to this place and if he is close by, this would give plenty reason to wanting him to be more tight lipped than others.

Something big's going on or occurred and the govt is trying to clean it up and they have reached the local paper and town officials to look the other way. And just like the article above says, if Crawford Ranch is nearby, isn't it funny how it isn't being brought up!? Let's break out a map of Texas!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

That is a possibility that is always considered - or should be - as a possible culprit in cases like this but, like Springer, myself and others have pointed out, the USAF's response and their actions are bizarre to say the least.

If these craft are secret/black projects of the US Military why fly them over populated areas? Unless it was the USAF's intention for people to see them. But why then go around harassing people, or try to discredit the witnesses and the reports?

By the way MrPenny, just in case you missed it, check out intelgurl's thread regarding Blackswift and Falcon projects. I think you might like it if you're interested in more information

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
If these craft are secret/black projects of the US Military why fly them over populated areas?

What if they employ propulsion systems so exotic and/or temperamental, they can become disabled in such a way that control becomes very difficult. The very slow speeds intrigue me......some kind of anti-grav? Putting them at the mercy of the winds? Would be interesting to see what prevalent wind currents were when the craft were sighted at their slowest speed.

Could the bizarre alleged actions be proportional to the "bizarre-ness" of the program? Kind of an "at all cost" operational level?

The one person alleging strong harassment happens to be the one that describes structural details of an, as yet, unknown craft. Could some of those details be critical to the mechanics or operation of the craft?

[edit on 10-2-2008 by MrPenny]

[edit on 10-2-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
What if they employ propulsion systems so exotic and/or temperamental, they can become disabled in such a way that control becomes very difficult.

I hear what you're saying and that is something that is completely understandable. But knowing that - especially knowing that I would say - wouldn't that be one more reason to test these craft in less populated areas?

The US Military, Air Force have numerous bases, I'm sure they have some in pretty deserted places some that we might not even know about. Why risk testing them in populated areas not knowing how the craft and its propulsion systems will work/react?

Could the bizarre alleged actions be proportional to the "bizarre-ness" of the program? Kind of an "at all cost" operational level?

I concede that when it comes to the US Military/Air Force, they're reactions when it comes to secret/black programs have always been bizarre, so we can't take it as a definitive evidence of what really happened, but merely as speculation.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by danx]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hello all,
I appreciate the support I've seen on this site. I'll check in as often as I can but I have a lot of things going on. If anyone has any questions for me, I'll be here for a few minutes.
Take care and keep an eye on the sky!
Angelia

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AJoiner

Welcome to ATS Angelia! We appreciate a lot your participation

I would also like to thank you for everything you did, for having the courage and integrity that you demonstrated and I really hope everything works out for you.

Could you share with us in first hand what are your theories on why you got fired and especially the way that you did.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
Why risk testing them in populated areas not knowing how the craft and its propulsion systems will work/react?

Maybe it's not considered a test platform anymore? How many aircraft were developed and pushed into operation before it was fully understood? V22 Osprey ring a bell? I know, different platform, different "package"...but still...they could have pushed a technology into operation without being complete aware of potential problems....

The alternative? Alien craft? I prefer to chip away at the "home-grown" possibilities first....eliminate them, totally....then, consider alternatives...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hello danx,
First let me say this--a story of this magnitude drains the resources of a small newspaper -- staff wise. I was the only full time reporter at the time. For two weeks solid (at least) other people had to pick up my slack. I could not keep up my normal workload. One month of good sales does not justify hiring more people and newspapers everywhere are competing for a smaller and smaller piece of the advertising pie. They were ready to let it go.
But, I had no means to let it go, I was still the media contact, witness contact and you name it. Plus, I didn't want to miss a lead so I tried to work it after hours and on lunch hours. I guess, when they realized I was forwarding emails to my home and still answering some regarding the UFOs -- that distressed them. I do not believe they were contacted by some higher up telling them to stop the stories. If that were the case they would have told me. I was stretched to the limit but I didn't want to let go of the witnesses. It's funny but we all bonded through this and I know I'll talk to them for the rest of my life and we'll all keep trying to find out what it was. Remember, I had already given notice, so I don't know if that is fired or not but they asked for my keys and cell phone and told me to pack up and leave. And, it was not a pleasant scene for me. It was humiliating to pack up your belongings in a news room where everyone can plainly see what is going on. I was shaking and upset and drove straight to my husband's work. They knew how upset I was.
I have learned some employees were told I was using my computer and newspaper time to look for a job. The only thing I did in that regard was to email a friend at the school administration building to see what I needed to do to update my paperwork to be able to begin substitute teaching. It might have taken me three minutes. I didn't think twice about it. Ok, Let's don't talk about that anymore, it puts my stomach in a knot.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hello and welcome! Just two questions. Is there any way to record the harrassment that Mr. Sorrels is experiencing, and also, is there any chance of at least knowing what footage he has? when we might see it? Sorry about your job, that stinks.
-Jason

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm just having a real hard time believing this thing is U.S. military...

I don't think some sort of unpredictable or malfunctioning propulsion system is going to bring it back to Ricky Sorrell's property FOUR times.

Plus - even if we say it is - why take such a ridiculous approach towards quieting one measly witness?

He seems like a simple, patriotic, Texas farmer. Why not just sit him down in private and tell him yes - what he witnessed was indeed top secret military technology and out of interest for national security to please serve his country and not divulge any details to anyone. Send him a thankyou phone call from George Dubya or something.

In fact - if they wanted to threaten him couldn't they think of something more clever like saying if he talks about this - "terrorists" will hunt him down and torture him to learn everything he knows?

There's plenty of ways they could convince him to keep a low profile while maintaining one themselves. I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It looks to me that the cover up continues. Scum bags!

"You may deceive all the people part of the time, and part of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time." Abe Lincoln

[edit on 11-2-2008 by frankky]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The journalist in question has already stated that there were no nefarious things behind her removal, just bad manners. I still would love my question answered!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AJoiner

Well, if you truly are Angela Joiner, welcome! Glad to hear that there is no real stink of conspiracy. However, I am dismayed at the way you were "let go". I still cannot understand why another writer could not have been hired in order to allow you exclusive coverage. This is really big news (especially for Stephenville). This story, with you as the star reporter has surely boosted ad and sales revenues. Not to mention, it really had a chance to give the paper a bit more than 15 minutes of fame. What I really wonder though, if the corporate folks did fear for their credibility. Over the years, people who come forward about UFOs and even those who report on them run the risk of commiting career suicide. Even famed British journalist Nick Cook has expressed his concern on risking his own credibility reporting on fringe topics.

I have one question though...

Since you are no longer writing for the Tribune, would you still consider continue reporting on the subjet? If so, where would we be able to read the stories?

Thx.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ms. Joiner,

Was Mr. Sorrell able to take any video or picture of the object in question?

Mod Edit- removed "size" type, as it was too large, throwing off the view.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AJoiner

Welcome to ATS, and thank you for taking the time to post here. I assure you that you will not be run off here for voicing anything you believe as truthful. As long as you are in the boundries of the T&C.

Thanks for sharing, it sounds as if your time is limited.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I hope that is the general consensus among most media outlets. The author puts her in a substantially positive light in this article. I bet she gets an impressive job offer elsewhere. Hopefully the UFO stories don't typecast her into the genre though. Then again, that may not be such a bad thing.

Again, I wonder why the Tribune did not hire another reporter to cover the stories while Mrs. Joiner continued on her path. The owner(s)/manager(s) of the Tribune must be quite daft. That, or there were pressures from the outside calling for a stop to the reporting. I hope this further encourages her to continue on.

I am going to go out on a limb here, but let's consider the following:

1. UFO news story breaks - Angela Joiner covers it.
2. AP picks up on the story, causes some stir.
3. Story gains momentum, Joiner is pivotal local subject matter expert.
4. Joiner breaks story about Ricky Sorrells alleged harassment by govt.
5. Joiner is now at the peak of story.
6. Tribune urges Joiner to report other stories as locals are tired of the UFO story.
7. Joiner feels compelled to turn in 2 weeks notice.
8. Tribune sends Joiner packing immediately upon her resignation.
9. Tribune provides one final UFO report by Dr. Newbury on 5 Feb. (states that locals are still excited about the story).

The last 2 lines concerns me the most. The Tribune was quick to remove Joiner citing that the public has grown tired of the story. The following story contradicts this. Finally, Dr. Newbury makes a very pointed effort to turn the story from serious reporting to comparing the whole event to a town of nekkid streakers.

View story here Don't Look Ethel.

Don't look, Ethel!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 11:42 AM CST

Erath County, an hour's drive southwest of Fort Worth, is known for cow-milkin' and Dr Pepper-drinkin'. Locals think that when media folks land there in numbers, they're “sniffing out” whatever the college kids at Tarleton are up to.

But, times they are a changin'. Something big, fast and mysterious streaked across the night sky there recently, and some 50 people saw it. They're ruling out just one possibility-it was NOT the cow jumping over the moon.

Whatever it was has perked up the economy a “right smart,” as my old mama would say....

Source: Stephenville Empire-Tribune

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by AnnunakiX]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AJoiner

Hello Ms. Joiner and Welcome to the ATS. Your story was on Coast to Coast a.m. last night, during the first half hour. Ian Punnet was host. It sounds like they want to do an interview with you when your ready for it.
Ian Punnet is a nice guy and all, but I really think George Knapp would do you justice. He has so much more experience in ufology and hosts C2C, towards the end of the month. He'd probably love to hear from you.

area51.eyewitnessnews8.com...

I hope you will continue talking with us here on the ATS and consider doing an interview with our ATS Mix team. Thank-you so much for your time.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join