It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia using nukes to cap a oil blow out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi guys and girls

Was having a interesting conversation with a guy who works in our yard at work we share this yard with a Petroleum Exploration company was talking bout the standard stuff, How oil is running out, how Peak oil was reached back in the late 90's and this lead us on to him telling me about the following

During the 80's There was a big big blow out on a Baltic sea rig and russia in there wisdom used a nuke to try and seal it! ... this did not work compltey and there has been radioactive oil seaping in to the baltic sea for a good 20 years!

ive been looking i cant find anything via google was wondering if any of you lot might know something about it?

Best Regards

TreX

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Kind of skeptical about this (forgive me - I'm on strong painkillers right now!).

A nuclear explosion in the Baltic in the 80's would probably have set off WW3.

Can't see it myself, but if you do happen to come across evidence of it, I'd love to know more

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

a small yield nuke dropped down the shaft deep under water could go undetected ...there has been over 1000+ nuke explosions underwater underground and air busts (well only 2 of them)

so could of happened right?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Anything is possible I guess.

But even an underground burst would have been detected I think, and in the 80's everything was so paranoid that it would have been a bit of a daft thing to do.

Still, you never know...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh dear me, my telling nefermore my admiration of her avatar was means for a miss manners, where ARE my manners. Crickey.
That's just lunacy. A complaint has been filed.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by jpm1602]

new topics

top topics

join