It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live in these states? Vote TODAY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Let me start this post off with a rather broadbrush, bold statement, that I imagine will earn me a bit of flame, but it must be said:

It is your honor, duty, and obligation as an American citizen, to vote.

It is perhaps the single most important action you will ever take in your entire life. It will affect not only your own life, but the lives of those around you, and the lives of future generations. It will affect the course of history for an entire country, and, yes, your vote alone might make the difference between one candidate or another. And, unless you are rich, or a politician, it is the only power you truly have.

I am an Independent. I do not endorse any political party except one that isn't even running an electable candidate, but that doesn't mean that when our primary comes around, that you won't find me at the polls.

I realize many members here feel that their vote doesn't matter, for one reason or another. Perhaps you feel there is a shadow government that has already decided the next President for the people. Perhaps you believe that aliens will simply replace whoever we vote for with a mind-controlled clone. Perhaps you think the candidates aren't even human, but are reptilians, bent on overthrow of the surface-dwellers. Maybe you think Diebold has sold the vote to the highest seller. Or maybe you're just flat out convinced that it's pointless to vote if you don't think your candidate can win.

Folks, voting is the only real power that you, the average citizen, have in this country. As much as you like to think you can make a difference, try making any change to policy without a title, a wad of cash, or a vote. If you are not rich, and are not an elected or appointed official, then it doesn't matter how impassioned your voice, how firm your resolve, or how noble your cause is, unless you choose to take your god-given right to vote, and USE IT.

The strength of a single poverty-level citizen's vote is perhaps not as strong as a multi-million-dollar check from an oil baron, but it is one hell of a lot stronger than no vote at all. And in large enough numbers, those votes overpower even the highest campaign contributions from the largest lobbyists. If enough people realized this, and enacted what God saw fit to give them by birth, or the government saw fit to give them through naturalization, then there's nothing that any one corporation, not even Diebold, could do, in order to stand against the might of the people.

The only reason you feel your vote has no value, is because the very people you hate so much have done everything in their power to make you feel that way. Those robots, aliens, reptilians, shadow governments, corporations, and whatever other sinister force you think is out there, exists only to completely disenfranchise you of the last vestige of power you really have: your vote. Are you seriously going to sit there, and allow them to control you without a fight? Are you going to passively sit there, like a little sheep, and bleat about how your vote doesn't matter, just like they want you to, and cause others to feel the same way? Are you going to let THEIR vote matter that much more, just because they've told you that your vote is so worthless? Are you going to eat the load of fertilizer they're trying to feed to you about how you shouldn't even bother?

GET OUT THERE AND VOTE.

Seize the power that is rightfully yours, and exercise it to the fullest extent. If you don't want this election to be a choice between, as South Park so aptly put it, "a douche and a turd sandwich," then stop surfing the net and take five minutes out of your day to go down to your local polling center, and cast your vote for the candidate of your choice. Do it NOW!!!

Joint Primaries (both parties):
  • Alabama
  • Massachusetts
  • Alaska
  • Minnesota
  • Arizona
  • Missouri
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • New Jersey
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut