It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Himself Thinks There's A Religious Conspiracy in the Pulpits(?))

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As my last message wasn't considered much of a religious conspiracy, (sorry, I thought the board was Conspiracy AND Religion), my mistake, I've read further at my original link and find that they are claiming there's a conspiracy, and it's to make money. The title is mine, but I picked some material out of the page to give you an idea.

GOD HIMSELF THINKS THERE'S A RELIGIOUS CONSPIRACY IN THE PULPITS(?)
And from their prophets, to their pastors, everyone deals treacherously under the banner of My Name." See Jeremiah 2:31; Jeremiah
5:31, 6:13, and 17:5)

False Doctrines(?) "For MANY will come in The Lord's Name, saying, "I am Christ," and they will mislead many."

Morris Cerullo:
"Did you know that from the beginning of time the whole purpose of God was to reproduce Himself? And when we stand up here; Brother, you're not looking at Morris Cerullo; You're looking at God.You're looking at Jesus"

Benny Hinn:
"I am a little messiah walking the earth"

Kenneth Copeland:
"You don't have a god in you, you are one."

Kenneth Hagin:
"That's who we are; we're Christ"

"...The Lord will promptly Sentence you for your arrogant abominations. And Woe to any priest, pastor, or preacher who deserts his congregation during these times. Whereas, The Word Of God is now pointed at his right eye, and at his right arm. (also Jeremiah 4:11)
(also see Zechariah 11:17)

Wow, I'll look up those verses, but here's the link for the page:

www.theamericannightmare.org...

Do any of you believe these TV evangelists? They've come into question lately, and I can understand why. I find it hard to believe that they would actually twist things to make money and that people could possibly fall for a deception on such a wide scale, but just maybe this is true. They certainly aren't Gods to me.

Ana

[edit on 5-2-2008 by NGC2736]

[edit on 5-2-2008 by asala]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well, the first thing to come out of Jesus' mouth concerning signs of His return and the end of the world was:
"Take heed that no man deceive you."

I wager we have reached that time and deception is wide spread, as is obvious when religion, and doctrines arise on these threads. It has gotten to the point that it now has come down to "I am right", "You are wrong" and based on whomever is making the statement, the other is going to hell!

I have come to the point that I am staying put at the foot of cross and trusting in the foundation, Jesus and His atonement: shed blood; keeping my faith anchored in that!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

You have a good approach for dealing with all the confusion and multitudes of ideas out there. I'm more amazed than I am surprised at these things, as you're right, Jesus did speak of deception.

I'm a little disgusted by how rich some preachers get rich off the backs of poor widows and others by telling them a bunch of lies. I read something about Joyce Meyers purchasing a $7,000 commode. Giving to her ministry is literally throwing money in the toilet. Or a face lift, jewelry, fancy cars, and estates. Time to wake up.

Ana

[edit on 5-2-2008 by AnabelleA]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Religion has become so profitable that just like a use car seller deception is use to attract the many costumers.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Religion has become so profitable

Wow, you can say that again! About two miles from here they just build a huge mega-church...it looks like a shopping mall, and you should see the people speeding down the road out front (runs trough a residential area) on Sundays before and after the services at that thing...it's really scary, someone is going to run over an elderly person trying to cross the street or else run over a child out playing...they don't care though...gotta get down there for the brain washin' and money givin' the hell with the rest of us!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnabelleA
reply to post by jdposey

You have a good approach for dealing with all the confusion and multitudes of ideas out there. I'm more amazed than I am surprised at these things, as you're right, Jesus did speak of deception.

I'm a little disgusted by how rich some preachers get rich off the backs of poor widows and others by telling them a bunch of lies. I read something about Joyce Meyers purchasing a $7,000 commode. Giving to her ministry is literally throwing money in the toilet. Or a face lift, jewelry, fancy cars, and estates. Time to wake up.

Ana

[edit on 5-2-2008 by AnabelleA]

Within the past two years I have been mindful of this proverb:
He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want. (Proverbs 22:16)

Given what you stated above about the likes of expensive toilets and other post regarding the "shopping mall" church, when giving comes into account, now days, I think it is best to look for the two examples that God takes delight in, widows and orphans and their needs. I am not so sure I want to contribute to someone who takes delight in a high dollar dung bucket!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

I'm glad to see how people on this thread see through all of what's going on with the modern day church. One of many reasons why I find the information believable at the site I posted the page from is because I can understand why God would want to put an end to all of the deeds done in His holy name. He sends prophets to warn people, but since when are they listened to, especially when people wander so far from the truth. They actually think God's like Santa Claus, just wanting to bless their materialistic hearts with more. I don't know why it doesn't register in their minds that it's greed.

AnaA

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Not all of these arguments on the cited web site make sense. For example the quotation:

These folks have taken John 10:35 - 36, which states:
"If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him (Jesus), whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? The verse is actually using the word "Gods" in its possessive form ("If he called them God's, ..." but the apostrophe is missing).

Since that verse is based on Psalms 82:6, which clearly states: "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High: The obvious problem is, the translators forgot to use an apostrophe to signify possession.

The possessive form is neither in the translation nor in the original text, the author is making it up. Although the apostrophe is Old English, it is not used as stated in the King James Bible because it is not intended. The case that we are "created in God's image," Genesis 1:27, makes life sacred. It has an apostrophe. Also the "Gods created the heavens and the earth," refers to Elohim and it is plural. Elohim is "Lord of Lords, God of gods," in the cited web site.

Surely one can agree that there are "Elmer Gantry," styled televangelists, and they get a bit too fancy with their homes and cars. There is no question that throughout history religion has been expropriated unwisely, even when religious leaders begin with ideals and thoughtful messages. Nonetheless when reading these issues as in scripture, do you not need better arguments to make the point? There are more statements from the arguable website on top, however the case seems thin, and the thrust of the topic of the OP seems to be Christian bashing and "divide and conquer," in general.

There are real and deep feeling in the Christian message, and they are best understood from an individual perspective. Groups only reinforce the commonalities of that individual character. That is why it is important to have dedicated people in Churches.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnabelleA
reply to post by jdposey

The "Joyce Meyer commode is not a toilet. It is an antique cabinet, if you wish, that was donated to her ministry and sits in the lobby of her office.

www.philcooke.com...

As for deception, the Apostle Paul said that people would follow whatever messeage that appealed to their "itching ears." The problem with humanity is that the Gosple of Christ says that all are imperfect (ie sinners) and that their best behavior is nothing but dirty menstrural rags in God's sight.

That's pretty harsh and many people bristle over this idea. But the Old Testament is full of stories of how impossible it was to attain perfection. This is why the New Testament offers the solution in the blood of Christ.

Maranatha

top topics

join