It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Prince rebukes U.S. on Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Do you understand anything of the constitutional monarchy that is The UNited Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

This from Infinite, on page 1:

Understand Royal Protocols. Members of the Royal Household are forbidden to express an opinion that goes against the Government or does not represent government policy. Period.

It's what our Constitutional Monarchy is based on.

So before you condemn, I'd suggest a little research is in order.
If he was a private citizen it wouldn't matter - but he's a member of the royal family and subject to royal protocols and rules.

If he wants to play politics, he should become a private citizen and stand for election, and if you want to bash someone for speaking the truth, I'd suggest research and understanding of the position taken by others and the reason for it.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah cause all laws are just and noble .
Look where you are man . If you thought that way you would be here bashing everyone that goes against the rules. Your argument only matters to the people that care about your laws(rules). Which i am not one of said people .

No offense . But if a law is enacted tomorrow that says you shouldn't have an opinion on politics unless your in politics are you gonna stop posting here ?

Who really cares what that law says or means . I don't have to research something to know its total bs . Regardless of what you think .

Why pull the law card . Instead tell me why YOU think its wrong for him to say what he did . And why you fear someone that can make a difference is trying to.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

OK, read some history of britain and try to understand instead of coming out with smart remarks.

When you understand WHY the protocol is in place, come back and talk about it.

Until you do that, you speak only from ignorance and I'm not going to discuss something you have no understanding of.

Your last answer was a cop out - surely you can do better.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Then you obviously didn't want to discuss this in the first place. Why post at all ?

I don't think i'm the one here in denial . Your arguing the what/why.
Thats great so he "shouldn't" have done it for one reason or another. BUT does that make what he said worthless. Should it be tossed into the "he has no right to say this" pile?

I think the ends justify the means . Also you have to take a look at the standpoint that he is speaking . As a (ex?)military officer. Not a prince . Did he have to enlist? Did he have to fight for/with his country ?
I would guess not.

I see a pattern here with your posts . You attack the messenger and not the message. All laws/rules aside . Do you agree or dis-agree with what he said?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I have no opinion on it as far as this thread goes.

The fact is that he has no right to say it - he gets paid by the public for being part of the royal family, he does not get paid as an elected representative to speak for the elected government of this country.

Royalty invovling themselves in politics which are not the view of the elected government are as bad as the pope involving himself with the politics of other sovereign nations.

The discussion of the right or wrong of his opinion is not the issue.

The issue is, he has no right to involve himself in the politics of our democratically elected government.

Understand that he is not a private citizen and can never pretend to be - his views could be constured as being the views of the government, and that's why he should keep his mouth shut - he is not an electedor government appointed official.

That is my stance.

If you wish to discuss his views, that is a matter for another thread.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by budski]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I have no opinion on it as far as this thread goes.

Sure seems like you do

The fact is that he has no right to say it - he gets paid by the public for being part of the royal family, he does not get paid as an elected representative to speak for the elected government of this country.

That darn free will thing again . When will we do away with it.

Royalty invovling themselves in politics which are not the view of the elected government are as bad as the pope involving himself with the politics of other sovereign nations.

So an opposing view of something you are in a place to know about has no place in that said place . I see.

The discussion of the right or wrong of his opinion is not the issue.

Then why is that all you have discussed?

The issue is, he has no right to involve himself in the politics of our democratically elected government.

Still jabbing away at free will i see.

Understand that he is not a private citizen and can never pretend to be - his views could be constured as being the views of the government, and that's why he should keep his mouth shut - he is not an electedor government appointed official.

So only the government can have an opinion on politics . I see . So what branch are you in again?

That is my stance.

Wait didnt you say you have no opinion on this?

If you wish to discuss his views, that is a matter for another thread.

Hmm seems like this is EXACTLY where we should discuss this. Or is the thread NOT about his opinion ? Back there you said its not about the wrong or right . What IS this thread about then?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh dear - the old point by point "build your argument by cherry picking"

Sorry, I've stated my position.

If you can't remember it, go back and read it again.

This a position I have and will maintain.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join