It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abra Ka Dabra - Be AMAZED And Stuff......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, another amazing evening in the lombozo household!

So I get home, fixed the toilet in the basement which was leaking, then went upstairs, popped open a diet Pepsi and sat on the couch. Diet Pepsi. (if Aspertame really does burn holes in your brain - I am pretty much a goner. I keep Pepsi in business I drink so much of the diet stuff.)

Anyway this past Christmas Santa brought my son a magic set. I tinkered with it briefly over the last month or two, but never really put much effort into it. There's a couple of hundred tricks in the set. Last night my son had that very intense look on his face whenever he is on a mission.

He comes over with that determined little march he has, holding out the magic set, and he dumps it out on the floor. I thinks it's magic that the dog didn't eat half the pieces. There were balls, rings, chains, playing cards, magic wands, coins, magic boxes of several sizes, and bandanas of every color you can imagine spread out all over the place.
"Allright Daddy. I want to learn some magic."

So I try to make some semblance of order amongst the strewn about magical debris, and pull out the manual.
Hmmmmmmm.......................................
I start to figure out a couple and start to show him.

"Daddy! You're doing it wrong!"

"Huh?"

"I need to have my cape and hat on Daddy! You should know that!"

"You're right little Dude! I wanted to make sure you knew that. Kind of like a test."

"Mommy, Daddy is pretending he was testing me because he forgot something!"

"lomboz! He's not stupid."

SERENITY NOW!

So I put his hat and cape on.

"Where are my white gloves Daddy?"

Hmmmmmmm................... good question..........

"lombozo, the dog is eating something. What is he chewing?"

Oh no. The dog is eating a white glove.

"You are such a loser lombozo, why did you let the dog chew his glove?"

"Daddy he's eating my glove! I'm going to make that dog disappear!"

Oh, I can only wish..................
*think to myself* Maybe you can practice that disappearing thing on Mommy........

"It's ok Dude. You only need gloves when you're on stage."

"OK Daddy."

After awhile he can make cards disappear, turn white strips of paper into dollar bills, make a deck of cards go from a full deck, into a deck where every card is the same card.

"Daddy. I want to learn some magic words."

"Allright Little Dude. Say these words - Abra Ka Dabra, Alla Kazaam, A Great Magician Is Who I am."

This morning when I was shaving he came in and repeated those words in his little munchkin voice while wearing his cape and hat.
"Abra Ka Dabra, Alla Kazaam, A Great Magician Is Who I am. Look Daddy! I made your whiskers disappear!"

I thought I was buying a bunch of tricks. I didn't realize how much MAGIC was in that box.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Dude that is sweet.

Magic is a great one for picking up the ladies!!

I wish I could get my boy in to magic! Or anything that doesn't involve him being superman (the Japanese kind) and me being some kind of monster that gets the insides beaten out of it!

Later

MonKey

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Lombozo buddy, thats awesome! I bet he's having the time of his life with you, you seem to be an amazing dad!

P.S. Your wife sounds evil....

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Hey Monkey! Actually the magic thing just kind of happens. As I'm sure you know with that cute l'il monkey you have there that the words 'I want to do it' are becoming more and more a catch phrase. Check it out.

reply to post by tetsujin420

I'm the lucky one, not him.
My wife is a GREAT mom. I'll leave it at that.................

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sounds like the 'litlle Dude' is doing great. Gunnar will be 7 next month. A magic set could be really fun for all the kids here. Thanks for the great idea. Speech therapy could really become interesting with all the new vocab words. Talk about annoying the suits! Great fun is on the horizon.

new topics

top topics

join