It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler's "Lost Fleet" found...with pics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Hitler's "Lost Fleet" found...with pics.

Source

The final resting place of three German U-boats, nicknamed "Hitler's lost fleet", has been found at the bottom of the Black Sea.
The submarines had been carried 2,000 miles overland from Germany to attack Russian shipping during the Second World War, but were scuttled as the war neared its end.
Now, more than 60 years on, explorers have located the flotilla of three submarines off the coast of Turkey.
(please visit the source for the full news article)

Source

Fixed BB code.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Amazing find if you ask me.
Also the strategies imployed by Hitler's army in those days, carrying 3 Submarines over land...just unbelievable.

The article also has some great pics.

Source
(please visit the source for the full news article)

[edit on 5/2/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Wow great find

Very interesting, Pictures are awsome too. Thanks for sharing

Oh and you might want to check the link. It isn't working.

EDIT: sorry didnt see your ***WARNING*** ....

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That is an interesting story and it seems that they might be in good shape

from OP link

Mike Williams, secretary of the Nautical Archaeology Society, said: "This is a significant find because these U-boats were all scuttled, so they should be intact, like a sealed tube. They are unique survivors of the war."

Thanks for sharing this article

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Interesting find.

I do have a question though. Does this put an end to those theories that Hitler took a contingent to Antartica before the war finished to work on some kind of saucer technology? Would this sunken fleet represent the same fleet he supposedly took to antartica?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Pictures are defiantly worth a thousand words.
It is pretty unbelievable that they took the boats over land all that way.
Good find!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Interesting find.

I do have a question though. Does this put an end to those theories that Hitler took a contingent to Antartica before the war finished to work on some kind of saucer technology? Would this sunken fleet represent the same fleet he supposedly took to antartica?

not to me, but I think maybe thats the purpose? .. or may be perceived as A purpose for labeling it as the LOST FLEET?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Im not really all that educated on that specific conspiracy, thats why I asked the question.

Speaking of the conspiracy, does anyone have any designations/names of the ships that supposedly went to antartica?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Interesting find.

No friend, you've got it all wrong. Neuschwabenland was Hitler's base in Antarctica only until all supplies and personnel were assembled for departure to the moon base! All trasportation being accomlished by saucers. Go ahead- ask John Lear!

This is a very interesting article, and if I read correctly there are even 3 more U-boats sunken in the Black Sea. There were originally 6 boats transported overland from Kiel.
Can you imagine the logistics involved, even with today's technology???
Amazing what war motivates our race to accomplish.

[edit on 5/2/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Interesting find.

Nope, because there is no doubt that a fleet went south and tooted around for a while before they surrendered. Others have provided U-boat numbers and dates of surrender but this is a different set of circumstances. Therefore, the rumours are allowed to survive!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
what would be so hard about carrying a uboat across land. they weren't the giant subs we use today. they should have been able to fit on modified railway cars. and why overland they could probaly get to where they were needed much faster without using their supplies of fuel and torpedoes. also they didn't have to worry about getting sunk by allied fleet on land

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

I guess we will just have to wait for the NAZI's to come up form their ice-laden hole, or down from their rock-cave on the moon, in order to put that conspiracy to rest.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

I guess we will just have to wait for the NAZI's to come up form their ice-laden hole, or down from their rock-cave on the moon, in order to put that conspiracy to rest.

Absolutely brilliant! BTW, if you want to find the NAZI's, take a trip to the American midwest. Plenty of confused kids out there, swastikas, shaved heads, all fueled by a healthy dose of hardcore music and meth. Der Fuhrer would be so proud.

top topics

join