It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA operation that should have prevented the Iraq war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The CIA operation that should have prevented the Iraq war

rawstory.com

Now in his fifties, a round-faced man with a small moustache and lively eyes behind delicate spectacles, Tawfiq described how the CIA set up an elaborate operation to recruit Iraqi weapons scientists and then ignored the results.

From the end of 2002 the US spy agency had sources inside Iraq's weapons plants telling them clearly what the whole world now knows -- that Saddam had ended efforts to produce weapons of mass destruction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Study: Bush, Other Officials Issued Hundreds of False Statements Before Iraq Invasion

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It should have, but it didn't. This is more evidence of disregarding evidence to suit political- and monetary- agenda.

If the Administration is not going to act on our own intelligence, then one of the two- NEED TO GO.

Sure, we can write this off as another left wing hit piece. You go right ahead.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Our tax dollars at work. Another good find by you, TA. Flagged. What a very sad story. And yet, I'm sure there will still be the naysayers. How is it that no one in this administration has been impeached or even properly investigated?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I wonder just how long it is going take, like you forestlady, before people get a clue that this goes beyond partisan bickering. This goes beyond conventional belief. This goes beyond what this country as America should stand for. Enough is enough.

edit: oops posted quote in the wrong thread. I do have a few floating around, gets confusing sometimes.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Our tax dollars at work. Another good find by you, TA. Flagged. What a very sad story. And yet, I'm sure there will still be the naysayers. How is it that no one in this administration has been impeached or even properly investigated?

that's because it went "just like they wanted". No one is guilty but everyone is in on it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I completely agree TA.

Halliburton just couldn't wait to get a hold on Iraq's oil wells and build that pipeline through Afghanistan that Cheney's had his eye on.

Not to mention the strategically placed defense of Israel and Saudi Arabia. Coincidence? I think not.

Now we're in a great position to attack Iran as well.

Conspiracy? You bet your ass.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Now we're in a great position to attack Iran as well.

Hey I like the new ava, biggie.

I have been trying to qualify that statement, from several perspectives. In one sense, yeah, we are in a better position to attack Iran. But in another sense, we couldn't be in a worse position. But, let's stay focused. This deals pretty much with Iraq.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So if we aren't making decisions based on good intelligence, I would assume they are based on extreme ignorance.

And WE DENY IGNORANCE! Shouldn't they?

I still think it's crazy that we went into Iraq the way we did... we went in looking for WMDs which made Iraq and Saddam a threat - found none - had Saddam killed anyways - setup our own version of Iraqi government and politics...

And NOW our speculations are appeased: Washington KNEW the reasons for going in to Iraq were a HOAX.

The CIA had the men in place with all the right intel the whole time, telling their bosses, "There's nothing here." But those in power had other ideas, and switched on their selective hearing.

...and Bush wonders why he has a hard time with the American People (and the world in general).

There is no doubt a far reaching conspiracy in Washington, that surely extends to other circles of power throughout the world. Governments always lie, but it seems to be de facto modus operandi these days.

So, where does it all go? Ask a politician, and his/her answer is sure to go off-topic, much like this post.

[edit on 2/5/2008 by damajikninja]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They only use intelligence when it suits their needs. If not...ignore it and sell your own fantasy as reality.

Everyone that participated in this foolish war got taken for a ride just so some big fortune 500 companies can rake in the bucks. Security and oil companies benifitted the most.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is like most other middle eastern threads - if you looking for a simple go - no go answer it just doesen't exist.

For a clue, follow the money trail.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Sorry- but I am not buying this at all. The CIA provokes wars- they never prevent them, no matter what Morgan Freeman may convey in his movies. The CIA are not our friends, in fact they are nobody's friends.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
Sorry- but I am not buying this at all. The CIA provokes wars- they never prevent them, no matter what Morgan Freeman may convey in his movies. The CIA are not our friends, in fact they are nobody's friends.

Are you saying that you think that all Americans that want to be a part of the CIA want to start wars?
That's what I don't buy.
Factions within it yes, factions that control it yes, but not everyone in the CIA.

b

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Its JMO. I certainly would hope that there are good Americans in every department trying to make a difference- and in every department with the exception of the CIA. Sorry- they are too deceitful and they are completely unnecessary IMO. They are not the "checks and balances" for secret ops that people have been led to believe- again JMO.

However- given the current blatant dishonesty- corruption of the Constitution- the felonious campaign fund rasing scams and election frauds- this agency and any agency loyal to the constitution and the American people have the power to end this crap- but they do not- SPEAKS VOLUMES to me.

There is not one department of this disgusting and pitiful excuse of an administration which I do not personally hold accountable for treason- because they have the power to do something and they do not. The corruption continues- the lies keep spreading- more and more my city and neighborhood resemble a police state and its undeniable that were are rapidly becoming a dictatorship.

The arrogance is astounding- Bush and Cheney break laws everyday and who is to stop them?

Fact is- they are all in on it or somebody would have. People are waking up to this fact and the next round of the police collecting arms which is every citizens right to bear- is not going to go quite as peacefully as it did in Louisiana after Katrina.

They really focked it up. They cannot take a step back and go slow- the people are awake and they are not hypnotized by their televisions en mass like they used to be.

Wake up it is that bad- and many of us citizens believe in freedom and justice for all and are not going to give up and roll over so quickly. These covert government department heads are going to have get their hands bloody this time and the stains will remain for a very long time.

If there were good Americans dedicated to the foundations which made us a great nation- they would not allow this corruption to continue. They know how the public feels about what's going on.

There is absolutely no excuse for this blatant dishonesty and in your face lies. Someone should have taken Bush and Cheney out by now- according to the Declaration of Independence it is any and every citizens duty.

Yet no one is doing it.

What in hell do you think is going on right now?

People are freaking out. Soldiers and high ranking military officers are committing suicide at 5 times the normal rate! Think I am making this up?

Ron Paul has more military voters than any candidate by a landslide and he can barely get a commercial on the air let alone into a decent debate- what in the hell does this say to you?

Helloooo?

I have every right and reason to distrust the entire government, body, whole and individual staff member all the way down to the janitors!

Millions feel the same as I do. Don't kid yourself.

When America becomes arrogant enough to disregard freedom- everyone on this planet is screwed.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
A very interesting video report with Saddam's caretaker (undercover FBI) while he was in US custody:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Key points:

1) Saddam had ended his WMD program but wanted to maintain the illusion that he still had them to present a credible threat to Iran, and keep Iran from attacking him.

2) That he invaded Kuwait after he sent an ambassador to Kuwait to resolve oil issues, and was told a very provoking comment about "we will not rest until we have reduced every woman in Iraq down to a $10 whore" or something like that.

3) He figured the US would just launch a missile or two into one of his facilities like Israel did back in 81, and that was an acceptable risk to take. He did not expect an invasion.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
And you know what really sucks? That while the OP tells us that the whole time our own CIA was telling us that he didn't have them, in public, this is what we are hearing.

I suppose if at first you don't succeed, lie, lie again.

Yep, that's a way to make an American mad, alright. Just think how all those bombs make the Iraqis feel.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As of late I've kind of begun to have a personal revelation in regard to how I view our civilian and military intelligence communities here in the US. They certainly seem to be working against the powers that be to prevent another war, military leaders are the same way. The military and intelligence communities may be our only hope to prevent one, they seem to be the only level headed authority in our government. Granted they've had their share of shady dealings and illegal activity, but as of late with the releasing of the National Intelligence Estimate that undermined the war on Iran agenda and Generals threatening resignation if a conflict should be started with Iran, I have come to the conclusion that the Military and Intelligence personnel are certainly on your average citizens wavelength when it comes to having another war, they don't want it any more than we do. I have come to hold them all in much higher standing.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
They certainly seem to be working against the powers that be to prevent another war, military leaders are the same way.... I have come to hold them all in much higher standing.

Hmm, that's an interesting perspective, can't say I ever thought of it that way. I suppose that since they are trained to sift through the mess and deal with facts, it's not their fault the politicians twist it to suit their own agenda.

By the way, that last video I posted above you there is very powerful. Lies lies and more lies.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by ludaChris
They certainly seem to be working against the powers that be to prevent another war, military leaders are the same way.... I have come to hold them all in much higher standing.

Hmm, that's an interesting perspective, can't say I ever thought of it that way. I suppose that since they are trained to sift through the mess and deal with facts, it's not their fault the politicians twist it to suit their own agenda.

By the way, that last video I posted above you there is very powerful. Lies lies and more lies.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

Like I said in my previous post intelligence is a tool of every adminstration. How and if they decide to use this information is strictly up to them. They can ignore it, distort it or use it as it is to further their agenda and hopefully the national agenda. The keyword is *hopefully* because in the iraqi war the intelligence was ignored and the administration fabricated a fantasy reality to justify invasion.

All major intelligence agencies throughout the world operate much the same way. The only difference with american intelligence is that there is a hierarchy of agencies and the higher they get the more autonomous and the higher the secrecy. At some point it appears even the president has no access...not to mention other agencies or the laymen.

new topics

top topics

join