It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is my primitive brain"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This dream occurred somewhere between 8:40pm and 9:11pm on Tuesday, January 8th 2008.

NOTE: Where ever "these speech marks" occur around a phrase, is due to while I was having the dream it was as if there was some unconnected (to the dream) part of my brain that was able to see what was happening and give a short - easy to remember description of it.

"Reality" seamlessly blended into this dream. And it had a kind of "rushed but flowing motion" to it, with periods of "piercing clarity" that were like frozen moments in time, like a three dimensional picture.

After chilling in my lounge room with my Dad and Uncle, I went to bed, and this is where the dream begins...

I was laying awake in bed, attempting to fall asleep. To put myself to sleep I was allowing a new found ability to take place: this ability was being able to form pictures, (mostly distorted faces, almost artistic in nature), in my minds eye, but without consciously forming them - they just seemed to emerge. And when I said "new found ability" - I do not know if I actually did it once, which was the night before, or whether that was another dream.

In any case, I was forming these pictures (around 3 or 4 of them) and all of a sudden I had an intense feeling in my brain, at this stage of the dream it was hard to articulate the intense sensation - but it was only for a split second. It felt as if my Limbic System (illustrated below) was "super-enhanced" and was "beaming of energy" in all directions, like an expanding sphere from the centre of my brain that was orange in colour.

This is some information for those who don't know about the Limbic System

The limbic system operates by influencing the endocrine system and the autonomic nervous system. It is highly interconnected with the nucleus accumbens, the brain's pleasure centre, which plays a role in sexual arousal and the "high" received from psychedelic drugs.

The limbic system is also tightly connected to the prefrontal cortex. Some scientists contend that this connection is related to the pleasure obtained from solving problems.

There is circumstantial evidence that the limbic system also provides a custodial function for the maintenance of a healthy conscious state of mind.

Back to the dream...

I snapped myself out of this sensation, as I didn't know what was happening, and at that point in time, didn't want to see how this sensation and feelings could escalate.

After I snapped out of it, I instantly thought to myself 'Was it this "new found ability" to form pictures in my mind that lead to this "brain explosion"?' I figured the only way to find out, was to start forming the pictures again, to "test the waters" as they say.

So I did... And instantly as the first picture was formed I "tripped out" again, this time for a more extended period (I can't remember whether I couldn't OR didn't want to 'snap out of it' this time round).

My heart beat was intense, and it felt and sounded like the beating sound filled my entire room. I had the same "expanding energy sphere" sensation happening in my brain. My breathing was heavy, and I was rushing about in my room.

I rushed out into the lounge room, where my Dad and Uncle were just sitting there casually in their armchairs. I remember standing inbetween them an the TV trying to touch my body with my hands - but couldn't - it was if my "aura is too strong" - it felt like when you try to push two magnets together. This all seemed to happen in slow-motion.

I then tried to articulate and explain my situation to them, but all I can remember saying is; "This is my Primitive Brain, this is my Primitive Brain." - And all I can remember them saying was a casual "Who is this guy? Is he on drugs?" - And my almost snappy response was - "It's not like you two have never had an episode before!".

continued.........

[edit on 5-2-2008 by HUMINT]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I then rushed back to my room, and was physically holding my door closed as if someone was trying to force it open (Presumably my Dad and Uncle). Then all of a sudden I had an instant change of mind and opened the door casually. My Step-Mum was standing half way down the hallway holding something in her hand (I think it was a phone, but I'm not sure).

She was slowly approaching while I just stood there, and she was saying something (I think it was about a girl or woman). She came into my room and we both sat down on the edge of my bed. I was still "tripped out" and she started saying things to comfort me through my situation, and I was much calmer in her presence. The only thing I can remember her saying was: "I don't know where you are in your life at the moment, but..." - And I can't remember what she said after this.

Then is seemed like it "skipped forward in time" only by a moment and it felt like she had never come into the situation at all. I was still "Schitzing-out" (As in Schizophrenic, see below)...

I don't know if this will be of any relevance at all but:
This whole dream had a similar energy and sporadic nature to another real life event that took place when I was 17:

I was young and dumb (I have grown so much in the last 4 years), and I was smoking a lot of hydroponic marijuana, and I was about to graduate high school (which I totally #ed up), and just a whole bunch of other # was going on. And I had a nervous breakdown type of thing / hallucinogenic episode - Where everything was rushing and my mind couldn't hold a thought etc, I was really freaking out, my Real-Mum had to talk me through it.

Also my Step Mum IS Schizophrenic.

I'd also like to mention at this point that I have a good and reasonably open relationship with all my family members that were in this dream.

Back to the dream again...

Still "tripped-out" I thought to roll a cigarette as I thought it would calm me down. Then it "skipped forward in time" for another moment - as if I had rolled and smoked the cigarette in the "missing space of time". I then thought to call a friend of mine...

And it was at this point I woke up instantly - like I had just opened my eyes - I was still laying in the same position I went to sleep in - The first thing I thought when I woke up was "What an amazing dream!" I then rolled over to check the time and it was 9:11pm, like I mentioned at the start I went to bed at 8:40pm.

I was so moved by it that I had to write it down - this was the first time I had ever done that.

But there was also a second part of this dream...

Somewhere in this dream there was a "flash" of me driving a car in an unknown, but beautiful, suburb, town or city.

The interesting thing was, that THIS unlocked in my memory another dream - that I forgot I had (or maybe I didn't have) but (I'm pretty sure) was the night before... Like this little flash of me driving opened the door of my memory into this other dream.

I can only remember snippets from this dream though:

It was in the same unknown, but beautiful, suburb, town or city.

It was at night.

There was a gathering of all these interesting people, what I would term as "spiritually enlightened" people. And I was part of it. All the people felt familiar as well, though I had no idea who they were.

A small group of us (myself included) were sitting in some kind of cafe type shop. Then we got up and walked outside, we joined a big group and we started walking down a slight hill to somewhere.

There was a sense of people coming in from all angles, like a shrinking circle of people as we all were heading to this one place.

What are your interpretations of this - these were the most amazing dreams I've ever had - and have been thinking about them since...

join