It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Anonomlies.......?????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Okay, I can't seem to get Photobucket to wanna upload photos.
So I will post the links to the pictures.

These pictures were taken on an investigation of an abandoned cemetery.
viewmorepics.myspace.com...

I wanted help on identifying if they are Paranormal or if i missed some factor.

There was a flash used in the pic. There were NO other light sources.

Our photographer Jessie was using her standard digital camera.

Here's an orb.

Does anyone have a debunk for these pics???
I checked every possible solution that i could come up with.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
good pic's. i live on an old indian reserve and i have taken pics from my front porch that have 10, 15 somtetimes 20 orbs in 1 pic!!! I will share them tomorrow. most of the time i get nothing but there are times when they are around... i have a good book on orbs that shows the different types... but no one really knows what they are... i believe they are spirits...

no one can really debunk these... i know the orb is real.. most of the ones i get lookm the same... though i get yellow ones that have a trail as well... very interesting stuff...

[edit on 5-2-2008 by gabriel5578]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Very interesting photos. I'm no proffesional photographer but having studied real world lighting a little during my early college years studying cgi I found that sometimes light can get picked up by particles around the camera's lense and cause anomolies. This could explain the orbs but I don't see it explaining the first image in your links. I'm not debunking you but am just offering up an alternate cause.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
the orb isn't the pic i wanted debunked, i wanna know what the light anomolies are.
I know thats an orb, and not dust or water, or a bug....
The free floating light above the tombstone.......anyone explain that???

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by missa_wiccan_chick

Hi missa,

I can't seemto get to the photo's with those links, is there any other way in ... I'd love to see them.

Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ofcourse Woody!
www.myspace.com...

They are in the photo album called "Ghost Pics"
If that doesn't work let me know and I can email them to you.
Blessed Be!~

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

you must have a myspace login to view the pics.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
nope, you don't i can click on them just fine and get in. Even signed out.
but if its not working, let me know.
I can fix it or something.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
(Banyan);

Ah hah! That'll be it ... I don't have one. Thank-you for letting me know.

Woody.

(missa); Hi there, if you do have another way for me to see the pics that would be great ... here's hoping.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here, i got photobucket to cooperate.

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/Missa_wiccan_chick/Orb.jpg[IMG]
Here's the Orb.

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/Missa_wiccan_chick/scotchtowncemetery4.jpg[IMG]
Here's one light Anomoly..... God i can't spell.
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/Missa_wiccan_chick/scotchtowncemetery3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/Missa_wiccan_chick/scotchtowncemetery2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/Missa_wiccan_chick/scotchtowncemetery1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc129/Missa_wiccan_chick/scotchtowncemetery.jpg[IMG]

I hope this worked.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
interesting pictures. scotchtowncemetery3.jpg, to me, looked like a moth. the red light anomalies were the more intriguing to me.

what i did notice was a bunch of different memorial objects placed by the tombstone. you might have to think about reflection issues, either from tail-lights or the moon, or what not. the streaking of the red light in each of the photos means either the light was moving or the camera was a little shaky while the picture was being taken.

i am no expert, and i cannot say for sure, but i do hope you did catch something genuine.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Any car lights we couldn't see, cause the cemetery is covered by BIG oak and pine trees.
The road near it isn't busy either, and it was late at night that we were out there. (duh)
There was also no moon out that night.
maybe our photographer was shaky, but i would imagine that the rest of the pic would be blurred or something.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
well that was my first thought [being tail-lights] in seeing the red light anomalies. it's interesting that the red lights are not only in one location, near the headstone, but also in the upper left hand corner of one the other shots, seemingly just in the air, surrounding nothing in particular.

for some reason, when i look at it closer, i think of a fiery dragon. i doubt that has anything to do with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't have an explanation for it either.
Hence the asking. LOL!
anyone else have an idea?
Woody i didn't forget about you chick, i will email you the photos in the morning.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ok, I asked my husband who is a bit of a skeptic, but also a professional photographer, to take a look at the pics.
This is his response he said I could post - (yes, he emailed me from the next room, a sign of the times I guess)

"Ok, in the first 3 photos that is not any type of refractive anomaly that I can recall ever seeing. Actually seems like a light source of some kind? During longer exposure times, distant points of light can create camera 'shake' due to the photographer having to breath, however, the pic of the gravesite seems to show how much darker and relatively sharp the background is.
On-camera flashes (close axis to the taking lens) are notorious for reflecting all sorts of light back into the lens, bouncing off of any kind of shiny or uneven surface like water, metal, flecks in the granite stone that are closer to the camera than the focus point so as to expand and soften the reflection (even 'red-eye' is reflecting the blood inside of the eyeball) which is why I totally debunk 'Orbs' taken with automatic point & shoot cameras.
Sorry, everybody should know the facts about the refractive proximity of water droplets, flying insects and/or dust in respect to camera-sourced flash and limited depth of field, so believe it or not ... but try recreating it with a manual SLR camera set for deeper depth of field (smaller f stop) mounted on a tripod and with higher output off-axis flash? Yeah, hard to do, I know.... Anyway, those first three pix are interesting though."

So, for what it's worth, he didn't really debunk them either.
I think they are great, thanks for sharing them.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
thank you for the responses.
I sent these pics to TAPS and they couldn't figure out what they were either. So, i call them Paranormal.
thanks again!
~*Missa*~

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just because it can't be explained what the anomolies were, doesn't stamp them as paranormal, you can't just prove they're unable to be debunked, you have to
prove they ARE real. You'll never persuade me to believe anything related to this from a camera, so treat my critisism with a pinch of salt.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by missa_wiccan_chick

I fixed the bb codes with one of your pics, unfortuneatly the pic didn't work as it exceeded the bandwith.

~Ducky~

[edit on 10-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry about that. I hate photobucket sometimes.
Makes me angrey.
Well...I'll just keep investigating, and I will find more pics, and maybe a definate answer.....But then what would my job be???

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well, I was going to ask if you have any smokers that were with you and smoking at the time, but now that I look at them, they look more like neon lights rather than a possible ash or cherry from a cigarette.

I'm kinda creeped out at this point. Never seen anything like this before.

top topics

join