It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.A.T.S. Worth It?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I would like to see if people who visit R.A.T.S. feel that it's worth the points.

Is there really that much stuff that can be different/better on it than ATS?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i never really understood the concept of keeping information that could be considered valuable to one in their research in a private area of the forum

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
I would like to see if people who visit R.A.T.S. feel that it's worth the points.

Well, considering that your points are used to buy all the stuff in your member center, and are not of much use otherwise, how can it not be worth it? What, you think you get to trade them in for dollars? Please, show me where.

As to what's in there, it is kind of ATS tradition, let's say...not to discuss that in open forums.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What are points used for? Well, in my opinion from what I've noticed posting, is credibility.

I think people with higher points automatically have more, or actually appear to have more credibility than others. They look better and their posts mean more from what I notice.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Is RATS worth it? That's up to you!

Sometimes the eclectic material in RATS is of the sort that simply would interest some. Of course, on the other hand, the material in RATS might be exactly what interests others. It all depends -- on ones' interests and perspectives.

The most important thing about RATS, in my opinion, is the opportunity for members to post material that, simply put, might be the sort that could be deemed as "whistle-blowing" or, as is currently the practice, dealing with issues that are not readily "accepted" on the main boards.

As with all things, there are limits and that is no different on RATS. As long as discussions remain strictly within the guidelines of the T&C and maintain civility and decorum, almost anything can be discussed in RATS.

Is RATS "worth it".....again, that is up to you to decide.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Points do not make anymore more credible.

I don't ignore new members or people with low points. Just because someone recently joined, does that make them ignorant or not worth listening to? Of course not.

Am I that credible? I wouldn't think so, but I have plenty of points. That's due to a good deal of podcasting among other things.

Sorry for the tangent.

RATS is for topics that users do not want to be seen by google search engines and other web crawlers. One's posting is hidden from sight and posts of a more conspiratorial nature can flow freely without fear of attack.

The RATS is more closely moderated than other forums in a sense...Only a certain type of thread is considered "Really Above Top Secret."

I guess you'll have to spend the points to find out eh

[edit on 2/5/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I wouldn't rely on that if I were you. Some of us have just been around a while, and through activity get lots of points. Those tend to increase more rapidly when you:

1) don't attack other members personally. That will cost you not only points in warnings, but may cost you your account as well.

2) post quality comments, and try best you can to add something meaningful to the discussion. Because then you increase your chances for applauses from staff and forum moderators, and those are worth 500(ATS) to 1500(AP) each. And I will contend that those usually don't come easy.

3) do podcasts. They are worth 2500 each. That's why if you're going to do one, please make it worthwhile with at least some pertinent, focused content instead of just ramble.

4) find interesting articles on the web and make threads out of them, or in some cases make a thread out of a personal experience, depending on the forum.

It's more about activity and longevity than anything else, but there might be a touch of merit to your observation. Never can tell.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
RATS exists because some times people need to post things that shouldn't be available for anyone to peruse via Google or other searches on the internet. IMO it is well worth the points to have the ability to write something meaningful and private to the members of this awesome site without eavesdropping by outside interests.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
could someone post a link to the RATS forum?

I've just purchased it, but can't seem to find the link for it on the home page.

Thanks.

[edit on 5/2/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Click on "Board" and you will see the RATS Forum on the right hand left side. Welcome to Rats.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Nothing there that isnt here.
Or any other words, you wont get the names of those aliens flying the ufos over the great lakes.

Only difference is now they moved one thread Tryptamines and God there.
Wish they would have communicated that move as I had linked to it any other sources and did not know the link was bad - or even where it had moved to at first. (had to talk to the O.P. to find it.)

So as a side note, if threads that have a dedicated address are shifted, please at least update those who have replied to it.

Best Regards

dAlen

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i just joined RATS to see exactly what I've been missing. I guess it's up to you, but I doubt I'll be posting in there. I don't even know why half the threads are in RATS, many are the typical stuff you would see in the regular forums like skunk works and etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Yes, message received. The OP of a thread is notified if a thread is moved. I doubt we have the staffing to notify each and every poster to a thread move. Still, you´re right that its hard to find a thread moved to RATS if you´re not in RATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I can't divulge any new information, but here's a screen cap from a few years ago.

As for the real purpose of RATS. Well, just read what SimonGray has to say.

The "Really Above Top Secret" forum is not a special private club for members who have earned enough points. Instead, as mentioned above, it's a private area away from guests and search engines.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Anything that is private and exclusive breeds suspicion, as the members of ATS should know more than anyone else.

I have never posted anything on ATS where the scoring of points has been a consideration. It is totally irrelevant to me.
I post when I feel like I have something to say or that maybe of interest to others.
The majority of the time I just read in an effort to learn and appreciate different opinions.

I understand the reason for RATS and why some people would want to join but I suspect it is not for me and I very much doubt I will ever join.

Secrecy breeds suspicion.
Deny Ignorance??

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think some of you are taking "Rats" too seriously. Its simply a place to post what you think is too private to be picked up by google. Any ATS-member is welcome there, so its not that secret. And for those who dont like it: Its user generated content. If its good or not is determined by us. No need to bitch and complain about every single detail.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Not bitching mate, just my opinion.

If anyone else wants to use it, hell, why not. What has it got to do with me?
Just don't think it's for me, at the moment, may change in the future, who knows.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Oh would give anything to view that "Actual picture of GOD + Interview" thread.

Just the title gave me a good chuckle, I can't imagine how entertaining the rest of it would be.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Holy smokes, thx for all the responses.

That screenshot looks interesting, especially with the picture of God and all. Thanks for that.

Anyway, I'll take all of it into consideration. I WAS thinking it had not only what might be considered a little racy, but maybe some more John Lear type theories or Stargate type info. Stuff that would make you think. I think it would be cool if it WAS more stuff like that. I don't really think I have the need to hide anything I say though.

Also, I never said I ignore new people, but I think there seems to be a growing number of people signing up, and then either trolling, or making a quick post and disappearing. THAT'S why I tend to listen a bit better from someone who has been around at least long enough to really build some points. Credibility.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Heh, I'd love to subscribe to RATS, but I've been a member for 2 years and don't have anywhere near the points. Can't imagine how the rest of you amass so many.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join