It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

msn emoticons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hi there all

this is more a complaint directed to any mods online now

look i know that the adverts from MSN emoticons are probably making money
at ats,bts & pts so ill be to the point ....any reason we have to have these msn
emoticons adverts ..... imagine you have just watched a mpeg in an ats forum thread and you had to have the volume cranked up to hear it so when you finish you go back to the forum and then your mouse pointer just happens to roll over this advert and then you hear:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i dont kid you when i say i nearly have a heart attack every time that happens ...also the other one that yells out

SAY SOMETHING....WHAT! ..... do these have to be set so loud i mean even if your speakers are set to half way its still pretty loud now imagine if you have a baby at home.... need i say more.....

some time i feel like traveling to msn in the states and finding the programer
that made these adverts and get a megaphone, crankit up to full blast 6" from his/her ear and yell out of the top of my voice

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and see if they like it.

anyway thats my rant for now
forum mods please consider it at the next staff meeting.

PS...Or maybe as msn feedback and i am sure that there are others here that have the same problem, look dont get me wrong but i do like the quiet ones that are used in here
and yes you are right when you think this post maybe a bit extreme sorry but i think the adverts quite extreme in sound level.... its almost as if it has some sort of sound booster?.

I've posted this in here because i dont think its a ATS or PTS topic.

thankyou for your time.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread217142/pg10

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist),

Well if I got it right there is the thread about those horrific smiley adds.
I'll get up in the wee hours and quietly turn on my computer only to have a smiley blast me and wake up my SO.

I want to
:bash: them.

edit for spelling

[edit on 5-2-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Damn, I can't listen to the radio online and go on ATS at the same time because of that stupid thing.

new topics

join