It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience of Love never ceases to amaze me..I LOVE my wife :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have been married for 4 years this May. Been together with my Wife for 7 years.

On the day of our marriage, I thought the love felt was the best thing I have ever experienced, that it could never be topped - and that "love" was what "love" was supposed to be, I never questioned it after that.

My Wife and I had gone through tough times, even separating for brief periods, and the odd 'extreme' arguments have surfaced. However in the last year or so, this has totally changed, and my love for her is much greater than ever before.

I would previously want things 'changed' about her, you know, stupid things, envisioning a perfect partner, hoping it would be better at times, hoping things would be different.

However after a while I stopped focusing on the negatives about her, and realised the more important positives. The small things, the big things she does for us, her smile, the friendship we have, the appreciation of her not judging me over my mental and physical 'blemishes'. Slowly, things started to change. I noticed MORE and MORE positive things about her, the negative crap I was nitpicking started to disappear. I stopped arguing about 'how many times she vacuumed a week', or how much water she used on the garden. Stop stressing about her watching 'Crap' TV......so instead I started watching it with her, and began to grow to enjoy it with her, not just for the show but for the fact we were doing things together, and then talking about them later.

We then started going to the movies again, even eating at restaurants, and just staring into each others eyes. I then started to realise how beautiful she was!!! She is so goddamn gorgeous, a beauty I never realised, it was a beauty of loving everything about her physically, the quirks became attractive, it is so awesome to think about it as I write.

Her personality is glowing more than ever, she has matured so much from when I met her, even though she says she hasn't changed!

I enjoy being around her so much, and I love just giving her hugs and kisses for no reason, just walking upto her - and the joy I feel when she returns it with as much passion, instead of the previous 'not now' attitude.

She's the best thing that has ever happened to me, and has given me the best gift anyone could ever have given someone - a beautiful daughter.

If you ever read this "baby duck"... I love you

PS. I had a talk to her last night, and we have decided to have more children!!!

Thanks for reading what I had to say, I was compelled to write it

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Unfortunately, most people have no idea what "love" really is but it would seem that you sir have discovered it.

It is a true blessing when we finally realize what it is to have real love. It's sad in that few people will ever really experience it on the level intended. I never could understand how anyone could fall out of love until I realized these are cases where love is not involved to begin with. I believe true love has gone away for the most part along with my parents generation.

I truly crave it and pray that someday I will have it.

Be Well & God Bless!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Most people will not feel Love, but will feel an emotion strong enough to make them think they are in Love. I have been in Love once, it ended, we ended. Pain and Love appers to go hand in hand these days.

There is no greater a sorrow than looking backwards upon a happier time - Dante.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Jbondo and Dorian - thank you for your responses!

Yes I always thought I was 'in love' previously, and as mentioned before - even at our wedding, but it always transforms and changes and gives new surprises!

As a teen I thought I knew what love was - however it was more likely 'lust' because the emotion stemmed from under my pants!

Also the love felt for a partner is different from one felt towards a parent/sibling/own child. All equal and as valid as each other - just different aspects of love. One with respect, other with tolerance, the other with paternal instincts.

Again, thank you for your replies - much appreciated.

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Awww Im a Marty

*sigh* How touching, I certainly hope she does get to read this

This was just so inspiring to read. Your wife is quite the lucky one to have a husband who has realized his love for her.

I have recently gone through that stage of realizing how much of a nag I can be sometimes, pointing out all my husband's faults and I understand now how counter productive that is so I am practicing being more patient with him and it's so much nicer this way. We're getting to know more about each other and doing more things together.

Love can be grand can't it?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Be sure to tell her this on Valentine's Day. Actually, tell her this everyday. I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

Valentines! Thanks for reminding me! (Have to ask the missus for some cash to ...get me a something expensive for the computer.. Yeah thats it - thats what I will say..)

She read the post last night, was crying a bit, she really liked it. I found a message on my screen when i got back from swimming this morning, that was a nice surprise

Thanks again!

Thx

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I did experience that kind of love once in my life and that is why I crave it so much now.

Another interesting fact is that true love enhances the act of making love to heights never imagined. People that assume sex is the same give or take are really missing out on an unbelievable experience.

Some may say that this is inappropriate for the forum but I think it sends a message to young people about careless sexual encounters. People may think one night stands have no mental or emotional after effects but trust me they do. Maybe not consciously but the impression is left none the less.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Valentines! Thanks for reminding me! (Have to ask the missus for some cash to ...get me a something expensive for the computer.. Yeah thats it - thats what I will say..)

She read the post last night, was crying a bit, she really liked it. I found a message on my screen when i got back from swimming this morning, that was a nice surprise

No problem. Good luck with your secret plan! That is cute how she reads your posts. Is she an ATSer? That would be even cuter.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
She just asked me to print the post so she could show her mother :bnghd:

No she's not an ATSer - (I hog the computer too much). She's not interested in the conspiracy type stuff, she's not as crazy as I am

Thx

top topics

join