It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget an Obama-Clinton or Clinton-Obama ticket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Forget an Obama-Clinton or Clinton-Obama ticket

www.cnn.com

1. Clinton will not be overshadowed by an underling. Clinton is hugely popular in Democratic circles, but truth be told, that pales in comparison to the love and affection showered on Obama. This is a guy who brings people to tears just by speaking, and attracts folks on the left, right and the disenfranchised.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Clinton? Obama? or Edwards? Who Will It Be?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here you have it reasons why Obama and Clinton wont appear on the same ticket . I have to say that I agree with the author logic Obama would lose more then he would gain from the experience of being Hillary VP pick.

While Obama needs to fill in the blanks on his CV he shouldn't comprise his core message. If he did such a thing it wouldn't reflect well on him.

I am picking a Clinton - Richards ticket .
To see the context I first posted this article see the link to the single post and thread below.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am very interested in your comment about Obama's CV, would you mind elaborating?

Clinton - Richardson would be a decent ticket, except for the fact that I have decided that Hillary is only a chose of necessity for me. By that I mean I would note for her only if she got the nomination, but tomorrow I will be voting for Obama.

I would be really happy to hear about the CV comment though. Thanks, Animal

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
I am very interested in your comment about Obama's CV, would you mind elaborating?

Sure aside from the fact he doesn't offer any specifics the main criticism of Obama is that he he lacks the experience needed to be president. Being Hillary VP for four or eight years would give him the experience necessary to defeat the case that is made against him .

Of course there is no way he could being his "new way" if he was Hillary . In fact he would struggle to implement his vision even if he was president.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

interesting, i would also be interested in hearing the difference between hillary's CV and obama's. and if you do decide to share your thoughts on this it would be great if you excluded hillary's time int eh white house as the first lady.

other than the 4 years longer time int he senate i dont see much of a differance.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well truth be told Hillary should be coping the same flak . But thanks to the nature of politics Hillary has been able to avoid the inexperienced tag. So in sense Obama has done Hillary a big favour. Bringing Richard onto the VP ticket would do away with the inexperienced card the Republicans could play.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think that both the author and the OP may be forgetting the power of such a "dream ticket". The minor differences the two have in policy can be easily overcome. Truth be told, there have been PoTUSes and VPs far more at odds with one another's beliefs than those two would be. Their policy differences are, literally and figuratively, cosmetic in most respects, but are played up far more than necessary during debates so as to appear different and preferable to one another.

The combination of Obama and Clinton in one ticket would draw a vast portion of the female vote as well as the minority vote, in addition to any white male Party Democrats, as well as independents and undecideds who liked their message more than the Republican candidate. The strength of such a ticket would be near unbeatable. If the Democratic party is smart, they will choose this option.

Alternately, should the Obama/Clinton ticket not be forthcoming, I think either candidate would benefit tremendously from the endorsement of Al Gore as their running mate. He was popular enough in 2000 to get (at least) half the popular vote, and since his incredibly powerful campaign against global climate change, and the sheer momentum behind the "Green Movement" lately, he could actually end up being the most Useful (and desperately needed) Vice President in history.

So, my prediction is, if not the Obama/Clinton ticket, then Obama/Gore or Clinton/Gore.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

I have to say I fully agree with your point. I think Obama/Clinton or vice versa would be an incredibly powerful ticket. I am not sure how the two parties in question would feel about the issue, but I do believe that if they chose to do this it would be a sure win.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Excellent post.
I just cant see Gore being VP again . If Gore endorsed a candidate it would be of value to the political left and swing voters who support the notion of global warming.

You might find this thread to be of interest.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Doesn't seem like Hillary thinks this way:

Clinton Chairman: Obama would be good running mate

Clinton Campaign Chairman Terry McAuliffe praised Barack Obama’s ability to “excite people,” adding that Clinton “needs to make sure the next, whoever the next vice president is, could take over if anything happened to her."

When he was asked directly whether adding Obama to a Clinton ticket would be a good idea, he responded: “Sure it would. Absolutely. How could you deny consideration of someone who has excited so many people?”

At CNN's debate in Los Angeles Thursday, both candidates were asked about the possibility of a joint ticket, regardless of who held the top spot. Both suggested it was too early to discuss potential running mates.

I am assuming that Hillary expects her to win the nomination and Obama to take the back seat.

Will this happen? I don't know.

top topics

join