It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning After Pill... Political Pull Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So the FDA is considering not to make the morning after pill available over the counter.

Are they afraid of pissing off the massive Christian constituency?

But what are the Christians afraid of? That some people might not make it to heaven? There's definatley a conflict of interest here because I'm sure the government knows that the pill could possibly limit a huge tax burden in the form of welfare mothers and babies.

I don't think the Christians should concern themselves so much with other people's behavior because most of the people that would use the morning after pill are probably going to Hell anyway.

DeltaChaos Out

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I agree with you here. IMO, if the morning-after pill is not available over the counter, it could easily result in a higher number of teenage pregnancies and/or unwanted babies.

Like the saying goes...don't mix religion with politics. Laws should be based on the common good, not on a majority religion - and I wouldn't say that this action, which could cause an increase in the number of unwanted children/welfare mothers and babies, is an action brought about with the common good in mind.

If it is to do with Christians... they spread God's word as it is; why force people to be 'good Christians'? That is, in a way, denying people of their free will, which God made sure not to do.
I haven't ever needed the morning-after pill and sure as hell don't intend ever put myself in a situation where I'd need it - nevertheless, I still feel people should be given that freedom.

"I don't think the Christians should concern themselves so much with other people's behavior because most of the people that would use the morning after pill are probably going to Hell anyway."

join