It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fog of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Can high-tech sensors fight the insurgency in Iraq?
"Now the Pentagon's R&D arm, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), is trying to provide some high-tech assistance. The agency is pushing to deploy experimental systems that could quickly locate the positions of enemy snipers and mortar crews. One of the most startling examples is a ground-based carbon dioxide laser designed to pinpoint a sniper by measuring the movements of dust particles in the air caused by the shock wave of a speeding bullet. DARPA director Anthony J. Tether announced last fall that the anti-sniper laser, which would reportedly have a range in the tens of kilometers, would be sent to Iraq early this year."

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think this war cannot be won with technology, we need "boots on the ground" and spies in these groups.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I think this war cannot be won with technology, we need "boots on the ground" and spies in these groups.

I agree, although it's very dangerous.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not to mention that we will be involved with this for the next 100 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think the government will implement more spies in the future, but they have to assess the danger first.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And I think the best way to actually assess the danger is with high tech surveillance equiptment.

The government needs to strike a balance between the two.

join