It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Task Force ODIN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I ran a search and haven't been able to find reference to this particular group, so here's some interesting news about the US Army's Task Force ODIN:

In Iraq, a hundred-man Army unit is using an array of drones, manned surveillance planes, helicopters, and video downlinks to kill 2,400 bomb-planters and capture 141 more.

ODIN

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
newsblaze.com...

Project O.D.I.N.
Observe, Detect, Identify, and Neutralize

all you need should be here.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What exactly do you want to know about TFO? I've got a whole whealth of information.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
No one has ever, to my satisfaction, explained what the US is doing in Iraq, killing Iraqians, plundering Iraq etc.

Oh .. correction .. apart from the God is On Our Side crowd

Question is of course: which god ?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

How many tours have you done?

Exactly. If you dont know what you are talking about, keep your mouth shut.

It is so easy for people to stay state side and believe every little thing the media feeds them.

Here is a newsflash for you: The media portrays things negatively because that is what gets ratings. It sells.

I have seen first hand what we are doing in Iraq. Building schools. Building hospitals. Bringing industry and comerce to a region where the average gorss monthly income is less than 100 dollars.

I am not going to say that it is all gumdrops and lollipops, but it is an armed conflict. What the hell do you expect?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was part of TF ODIN from Oct 06 to Oct 07 and I will tell you right now that we never killed anyone who didn't deserve it. We fired upon those who fell under the following conditions:

were digging and emplacing IEDs
fired upon US Military Forces
fired upon civilians in the areas we monitored
known terrorists that we were observing for missions

We never killed innocents while I was there and I know that first hand because I worked right there in the command room and observed everything that took place.

So if you don't know what the hell you are talking about there... shut the hell up and mind your own business. If you want to know what's going on in Iraq then request to deploy. I'm sure someone over there will want you.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Dock6

Building schools. Building hospitals.

Not only the rebuilding, but humanitarian aid, such as food supplies and medic treatment. I've help unload over a ton of rice and flour in Diyala Province, we didn't just conduct combat patrols. We worked with the people, to help them reestablish a infrastructure, utilities like electricity and water mains.

It is an amazing feeling to see a place were sewer ran openly change over the months and become a cleaner enviornment for the children. Places where trash covered the streets and yards for blocks, were cleaned up by community service groups we helped them get started.

With out our presence the children couldn't go to school or out side to play. I clearly recall areas around abu Sayda, where no one went out until after us being there for a week. Then the parents felt safe enough to let their children play.

We are making a huge difference, no one can say other wise if they havn't been there.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I was part of TF ODIN from Oct 06 to Oct 07 and I will tell you right now that we never killed anyone who didn't deserve it. We fired upon those who fell under the following conditions:

were digging and emplacing IEDs
fired upon US Military Forces
fired upon civilians in the areas we monitored
known terrorists that we were observing for missions

We never killed innocents while I was there and I know that first hand because I worked right there in the command room and observed everything that took place.

So if you don't know what the hell you are talking about there... shut the hell up and mind your own business. If you want to know what's going on in Iraq then request to deploy. I'm sure someone over there will want you.

Well first of all, it's nice to see someone who actually knows what they're talking about, posting here ! Actual first hand knowledge as opposed to net surfers. Thank you very much !

ODIN sounds like a very interesting program. Could I hear more about it from your perspective?

Second, THANK YOU FOR SERVING ! I'd shake your hand if I could !

new topics

top topics

join