It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got to thinking and....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now, what better way is there to get this message of government conspiracy and atrocities across to the youth or general public than having media stars speak on the subject in songs and stuff. What if government beat us to the punch. Now stay with me here. All the time we hear how artists don't write their own music, and this outrages the public but anyways, there could easily be government subliminal messages and propaganda. Is there any backing to my claim or am I crazy? I was just thinking earlier.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
IMHO the last place the government could infiltrate would be the music industry. Musicians have a long history of being anti government and anti social.

When the slaves were brought to the southeastern coast, my home, they made up a new language to speak with each other so their handlers could not understand them. They communicated in song. Lets jump forward to the early 60's. Many musicians sang in coded verse as the FCC would not allow certain topics to be broadcast.

I equate artist and musicians to be more rebellious than normal people. I have studied music since I was 5 years old and play several instruments. I know from whence I am speaking. We musicians are not your average, head in the sand, citizens.

I believe it would be difficult to get a group of musicians to knowingly send messages for the government.

I hope I made some sense, I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This claim is correct. Songs of lust, for power, material, etc. Songs of despair. Bewilderment, not knowing what to do.

I deleted the other one for you.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Duzey]

new topics

join