It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SuperBowl Wargames? Or are we on High Alert?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I live in the Phoenix area and since yesterday starting during the first half of the SuperBowl A lot of fighter activity has been taking place here. Around the end of the first half I heard a SCREEECH and BOOM as a flight of fighters came overhead, lower than normal and it is rare for them to go supersonic over the city.

My first thought was it must be the Blue Angels getting ready for the halftime show- then I realized that the roof of the stadium was closed. It had rained all day, the pretty sunset helicopter shots at commercials were from day before.

The fighter activity increased steadily all last night. Around 1 a.m. I was shaken out of bed by a particularly loud BOOM and got up to check it out. Outside I could hear the rumble of supersonic fighters in every direction- there was a lot of birds up there. The activity has continued all day.

What else has anybody seen or heard ? Many of these planes seemed to be going SE towards the New Mexico firing ranges, others to the NW towards Nellis AFB and Las Vegas. If planes were going towards
the South or West I wouldnt hear them here. Anybody notice anything going on anywhere else?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I saw 2 fighters yesterday, over Las Cruces NM.... I looked with binoculars, and I would bet $20 they were f-16's. That was around 6:00 pm.

They were westbound, at high altitude.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by downtown436]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I didn't see any but heard some activity 2 days ago, i know the sound of a -16 and heard a few transiting the area It's unusual to have traffic over my town as the corridor runs north of my location.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, its here in the North East too, i guess- For the first time in my life i saw a huuuuuggggeee aircraft- this thing was totally free of noise, and it was shaped like a triangle. The only ordinary thing about it was it had blinking lights, which lead me to think they belong to "us"

It was an incredible sight! I had never seen anything like i t and it crossed slowly over Falmouth, heading towards Otis Airforce Base.

BTW, my family lives in Ahwatukee in Phoenix and they didnt hear anything of what the op mentions...but they could have been sleeping.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm on the north side of the city, flights from Luke that are going north or east pass over here. Tuhkee is in the approach corridor for Sky Harbor, I think they avoid crossing that traffic.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
WellThe only ordinary thing about it was it had blinking lights, which lead me to think they belong to "us"

It was an incredible sight! I had never seen anything like i t and it crossed slowly over Falmouth, heading towards Otis Airforce Base.

Did the lights blink in tandem or alternate? Green/Red, White or just plain red?

I was one too in the mid 80's and am curious if they have the same configuration.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I also saw a silent, hovering, triangular aircraft about a month ago, low over the city. only white lights, no tail lights - and it was big.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by America Jones]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The military always goes on high alert for the SB, because half the male population is too #faced to defend an invasion.

Sounds odd, but the USSR decided Super Bowl Sunday was the best day to attack the USA because of the above situation.

Oh on a side note, I think it was decided Xmas was the worst time to invade, because most people would be sober and willing to die defending their gathered families.

Random things taught in college.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There was a story about a small plane intercept in the no fly zone. Curiously, nobody knows who or what did the intercepting. Typical high quality reporting job. Maybe a UFO did it?

There are conflicting reports about what intercepted the small plane. FAA believes it was an F-16 fighter jet. However, National Guard jets were in the air but did not intercept the Cessna, a spokesman for a National Guard said. The jet was not from Luke Air Force Base either. Buckeye police initially reported a Blackhawk helicopter was also involved in the intercept, but those claims cannot be confirmed Monday afternoon.

Full Story here:
EXTERNAL LINK

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EKron

Interesting find, thanks EKron. This is a really odd story, if the F-16 wasn't from Luke, then where? Buckeye is just a few miles south of the airbase. The next closest place a fighter may have come from is Tucson. There are literally hundreds of F-16's at Luke, why would one be sent from somewhere else?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I too live in the NE U.S. and my wife saw this triangle craft too around 8:00 pm.We live in central Pa.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well if you see this story:
www.govtech.com...
posted yesterday we see:
===
Aircraft from the 162nd Fighter Wing of the Arizona Air National Guard along with CBP Air and Marine will enforce the Federal Aviation Agency-imposed restriction during the game on Sunday. The National Guard will provide interdiction of high and fast aircraft while CBP will be responsible for the interdiction of low and slow aircraft.

"In addition to the air defense flights during Super Bowl XLII, the 162nd Fighter Wing F-16 Fighting Falcons will also fly a series of air defense deterrence missions Friday morning over parts of Tucson, Nogales and the greater Phoenix area," announced Lt. Col. Mark "Moon" Milham, 162nd FW Alert Detachment Commander. "The purpose of these flights is to demonstrate NORAD's quick-response capability."
===

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

I just want to point out that you were accused of playing tricks on us by another member, IHN. But as you know, I did not buy into that, and expressed my concern via u2u. And then when another member White Chocolate actually signed up to the site to confirm what you said, I knew there was something going on. All in all, it was probably was just the SB. But I want you know that warnings like that do not go unheeded around here, so thanks.

edit: grammar

[edit on 6-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks TA, I made this thread at the behest of another member, I didn't think there was enough interest. I realize of course that an increased air presence is normal around this type of event. The number of flights was very unusual though and them going supersonic anywhere near the city is rare, which is why I mentioned any of this.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

Wow! Great link! Reading all the numerous agencies and various technologies involved, I'm surprised they didn't just set up a couple of big guns somewhere to shoot down any interlopers.

Granted, the superbowl gets worldwide attention but the UoP Stadium only holds about 71-72,000 people. The NASCAR races a few miles down the road get 110,000 on race day and other than the flyby during opening ceremonies, I doubt they get the same level of "protection".

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There was a followup story about this affair on the local newspaper/TV12 website today. The pilot sounds like he was asleep at the wheel? Supposedly, an F16 flew next to him then flew in front of him and "when that didn't work", fired flares.

The Story

The F-16 pilot flew alongside the smaller plane, and then moved into its flight path to get its pilot's attention. When that didn't work, Strickler said the F-16 used flares.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The activity over phx, once again, is very legit. Of course during the superbowl they will have updated security. But I am on the south east valley, 45 min (seriously) from University of PHX stadium. The flights are flying damn near directly over head of me, and since the superbowl have not stopped. I used to live, i believe, very close to ItsHumanNature. It is common to hear flights out there...but not nearly as often as we have been hearing.

BTW - This is the first time, in about two years, that I have heard activity WORSE on the east valley than what I was used to growing up with. I mean when you live in a jet zone you kind of become immune to the noise. It has to be pretty bad for those of us that live here to be concerned, and we are definitely concerned.

I am still convinced that the US, as with Russia (who is seriously the most retarded player in the history of world players right now) were afraid that Irans new missile launch was going to actually be an attack. It would make a lot of sense, seeing as iran hitting palo verde would probably kill everyone in phoenix.

Go search bbc.co.uk for reports on russia being concerned over Iran. If they are so concerned...maybe they should STOP SELLING IRAN MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEMS!

top topics

join