It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you collect anything???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
if so, what? anything at all.

i have a small collection of garbage pail kid cards all nice and neat in a book.
i have a pretty solid collection of mp3's.....several thousand.

i have every record(cd) that frank zappa ever put out.
i collect musical scores but i don't know how many i have.
i collect tattoos. i have 61 of those.
i have a small collection of guns....a 20 gauge shotgun. i have a sawed off 12 gauge. i have a .25 saturday night special. i have a 38 special. i have a 9mm.
i have something in the way of 500 dvd's now...

thats about all i can think of...

what are some of the things you collect

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Geetars and Basses, amps, PAs, Speaker cabs, Harmonicas, I keep all my used strings[no idea why], 3 saxaphones, mics, slides, tuners, capos, old Guitar Player magazines, cords, T-shirts. almost anything musical.

I have a few firearms also.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i have some socks, boxers and hats that i have collected over the years

i hate to be gross but boxers, socks and hats last for ever...i don't collect them intentionally...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I collect books, some signed by the authors. I used to collect sheet musics for piano, some CD's and anime on DVD's.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I kinda see the term "collector" as a bad word and it conjures up terrible images of wall after wall after wall of figurines so I don't see myself as a "collector"...but I do have interests.

Pocket knives mostly...and flashlights. Neither collection is out of hand in size. I have probably 20 knives, one of every mag light and 6 coast led flashlights....coast being my favorite.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have an ever growing collection of various types of computer cabels. Im not sure why but I would almost call it obsessive compulsive.
I collect dvds
Mp3s
I have a cool little collection of rocks from different places ive been.
I used to collect comics now I just download them.
I collect vintage movie marquee posters.
My hobbies fluctuate but whenever I get into something I tend to go all the way and end up with some kind of collection or another.
Cool thread by the way.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Lets see here. I collect Baseball cards, well I did. I have 3 huge binder-fulls of it. I'm also in the process of collecting all of the Star Wars books, being the Star Wars nerd that I am.

One of the unusual things that I collect are dragons, in multiple mediums. I like dragon artwork and sculptures. There aren't to many movies worth a squat about dragons, but I have a couple.

Other than that, that's pretty much it.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I used to collect many things. Lint at one point. Still have a wax and empty tea candle collection. I collect baggage. Books of course (all kinds). Hmm... I just know I'm missing something. ATS points, lol.

I threw away a lot of my old collections.

I used to collect money. Not so much these days.

You really like Frank Zappa don't you?

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I collect watches. Why, becaus I like um! I have close to 50 different watches ranging from realy old Timexs to a realy fake Rolex (lol). I only wear one watch, a Citizen with four dimonds on the bezle, its nice. My favorite watched are the old jewl movment ones, thos catch my fancy!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I collect friends,
fabrics, antique books & hymnals, lots of books actually, and when my chickens are laying well, I collect eggs too.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I collect all my KISS stuff, memorabilia and everything else. Have a collection of Elvis things too. And I used to collect shot glasses, but most of them were put away in boxes or stuff, don't know if they broken or anything.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I collect books, Ballet porclien dolls, and anime stuff.
Yes, anime stuff. FullMetal Alchemist is my favorite! I am working on all the DVD's, my mom got me a 2008 FullMetal Calender too for x-mas. I have the game, and I hope to eventually find the action figures. (they will stay in they're boxes)
I have over 30 dolls, and over 1,000 books.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
guns, nothing out of control i have 37

and civil war stuf. musket balls, coins, buttons. i have a sword and stuff along those lines. i found everything i have myself with my metal detector

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I collect old books of information and of great characters suchs as the one i currently display.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai

You really like Frank Zappa don't you?

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Nyorai]

more than you know....it sounds kinda strange but i feel a connection to him. i was not into him that much before he died and only the last couple years have i got insane about it.....i have all the books written about him. i have all the guitar transcriptions that vai did for his stuff.

i like what he was all about.

i forgot to add that i collect fish. i am down to just one tank at the moment with new world cichlids in it but i had 5 going at one point. there are two empties in the basement...

i have a small straight razor collection too. nothing fantastic. quite a few buddah and ganesha statues too. there is a habadasheri shop in town that i like to visit once a month or so....always good finds in there.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I collect human skulls, lollypops I steal from little kids, and the tears from infants.

I am kidding about the skulls. I collect guns, mostly WW2, but a few others as well. I wont disclose how many but if you ask my wife it is too many, women. I also have a collection of tool albums and what nots, and also Beatles albums.

I had a friend in high school that used to collect animal feet, he would take them off road kill. Kept them in a little box, and once opened it to show me and flies flew out of it. he had a nice collection going, everything from coons to cat feet. Maybe a little on the crazy side, but he is actually one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, and now that his youth is behind him quite normal.

I go and see him in prison every once in a while, seems he didnt stop at animal feet. Not really, married with two kids, and if that doesnt send him over the edge I would say he is fine by now.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think the only thing I consistently collect and keep are boxing dvds. I tend to rent movies, take books out from library, and rent video games. I am more of a sampler than a collector.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I haven't really collected anything since I was a kid. But I do have a fondness for Zippo brand Lighters. I have a few of them. 8 the last time I counted.

new topics

top topics

join