It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Something On The Moon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Found this when looking at the pictures from JAXA and their lunar satelite

Could be anything.... but as i know there are some people with speculations concering the moon so i posted it.

Full image here:

Original here:
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

Make whatever you wish of it

Have fun!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Btw, they are taken from the HDTV section on JAXA's homepage.

Wish they could release some more info though

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Could you please maybe post what you think you see?

I see nothing but a crater on the side of a much larger crater.

The tiny thumbnail looked much more interesting at first

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see something there, and laugh at NASA, but, it just looks like a bunch of craters ... almost like a mountain range

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

I assume you are pointing out this,

[edit on 4/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Hi Balez:
"Small crater"
No one line, just succint.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I thought he was talking about the small outcropping creating the shadow directly above and to the right of the small crater.

It's a little more clear in the B&W version.

-S

[edit on 4-2-2008 by snoober]

[edit on 4-2-2008 by snoober]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hey all,

I took a look at the video online that these frames were taken from. Unfortunately the version posted isn't the full HD 1920 image (wonder why they've not posted it?) but instead a low-res qt file. Still an amazing bit of footage though.

Kaguya Earthset Video

I really don't think that there's anything in this one but I am curious as to what you think you see.

-S

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
reply to post by Balez

I assume you are pointing out this,

[edit on 4/2/2008 by Sauron]

Actually it was this that i meant, everything is all speculation though, since i usually leave stuff like this for the more experienced people

But 'it' could be a structure....perhaps

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Balez]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snoober

What about this?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
reply to post by snoober

What about this?

Looks like the entrence i mentioned

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Just more evidence the moon is not what most think. Does alot more than just control tides.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Hello my friend,

I dont want to be the bringer of doom, but as I am the skeptic here, I can see a small crater and a shadow, nothing more....sorry.

Off topic: the "what if scenario" theme does work, still waiting for yours!

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

I dont want to be the bringer of doom, but as I am the skeptic here, I can see a small crater and a shadow, nothing more....sorry.

Heh, it could be that also, this was more of a post for those who like to see the moon as a possibility for a alien coverup

Off topic: the "what if scenario" theme does work, still waiting for yours!

Well, i did post a scenario, but i dont think people were interested in it, or they haven't considered what will happen after 'truth' is revealed, only that they want it revealed

Thanks for checking in John

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Jaxa = Joke
you dont really think we are going to get serious pictures of the moon from jAXA ...

bE SERIOUS
THE CAMERAS THEY HAVE I BEEN TOLD COULD TAKE REALLY GOOD PICTURES OF LANDING SITES LANDERS MOON BUGGY AND SO FORTH

Yet to this day i only see really useless jaxa pics ...
Any idea why ??
Could it be they (jaxa ) are not really in controll of the Jaxa mission ...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by goatboy

you dont really think we are going to get serious pictures of the moon from jAXA ...

I call those pictures serious enough, their quality is alot better than any NASA picture so far.

Could it be they (jaxa ) are not really in controll of the Jaxa mission ...

Who knows?
And what is so interesting with a previous landing site?
If you want to see it again, i'm sure you will find it on youtube or google-video

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

"Small crater"

Which crater do you mean?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

I meant this one

and yes, it's a crater, but i may be wrong. Anyway, you started an intriguing thread.
For example, i read that someone is unsatisfied by the quality of Kaguya-Selene images. Well, this is a screenshot from Kaguya HDTV camera, basically ten meters resolution.
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...
To claim that these images are low res, means lack of knowledge about Moon imagineering. Kaguya selene is providing the BEST res images provided so far, if someone claims to have better images, should be so kind to share them HERE, with comparisons and so on. Jaxa is taking the time that it needs before sharing images: sharing is NOT their priority, hope this is clear, NOW.

Selene (SELenological and ENgineering Explorer)

Lunar orbiter designed to study the origin and evolution of the Moon, SELENE consists of a main satellite and two sub-satellites.
The lunar explorer KAGUYA (SELENE) has been launched by the H-IIA F13 on Sep. 14 from the Tanegashima Space Center
www.jaxa.jp...
SELENE Launch
www.youtube.com...

Mission overview:
www.jaxa.jp...

KAGUYA (SELENE): a brief overview

Equipment:

• X-ray Spectrometer (XRS)
  • Multi band Imager(MI)
  • Spectral Profiler(SP)
  • Terrain Camera(TC)
  • Charged Particle Spectrometer (CPS)
  • Radio science (RS)
  • Four way Doppler measurements by Relay satellite and Main Orbiter transponder (RSAT)
  • Differential VLBI Radio Source (VRAD)
  • High Definition Television (HDTV)
  • Gamma Ray Spectrometer (GRS)
  • Lunar Radar Sounder (LRS)
  • Lunar Magnetometer (LMAG)
  • Plasma energy Angle and Composition Experiment (PACE)
  • Upper-atmosphere and Plasma Imager (UPI)

X-ray Spectrometer (XRS)

Scientific Objectives
The XRS will globally determine major elemental composition (Mg, Al, Si, Ca, Ti, Fe, etc.) of the lunar crust with high spatial resolution. The XRS will identify a rock type for each lunar geologic feature and survey its regional variation patterns. Irradiation of solar X-rays excites atoms of the uppermost surface materials. Those excited atoms then transfer into ground state with emitting X-rays characteristic to each element. X-ray spectroscopy of sunlit surface thus provides information on elemental composition, along with concurrent monitoring of incident solar x-rays. XRS will cover approximately 90% of lunar surface except for polar region and map elemental composition with spatial resolution of < 20km.XRF-A (Lunar XRF Detector).

LISM: Terrain Camera(TC), Multi band Imager(MI), Spectral Profiler(SP)

Specifications

Both TC and MI are push-broom type imagers and continuously observe the lunar surface. For stereoscopic observation, TC has two telescopes with one-dimensional detectors looking at forward and backward directions, respectively. MI has two nadir-looking telescopes with two-dimensional detectors and bandpass filters to observe in nine different wavelengths.
SP is a spectrometer observing the lunar surface below the spacecraft and separate the light reflected at the surface in 296 wavelengths using two gratings.

Terrain Camera (TC)

Multi band Imager (MI)

Spectral Profiler (SP)

Results expected:

LISM will provide first precise topographic, geologic, and mineralogical information of the moon. For example, from LISM data at especially interesting areas such as crater central peaks, we can understand accurate rock and mineral distribution at those areas. Quality of LISM data is better than previous lunar exploration satellite data in following points:

• First global topographic data using stereo images.
  • Precise geologic unit information in higher spatial resolution of one order of magnitude using both of known and newly acquired color images.
  • First direct mineralogical discrimination/identification from continuous reflective spectra.

Charged Particle Spectrometer (CPS)
The ARD will detect alpha rays emitted by Rn and Po on the lunar surface for identification of gas emanation and obtaining information on the crustal movement during the last - 50 years.
ARD

The PS will observe solar and galactic cosmic rays around moon. That is due to protecting human health in the space from radiation particles and to obtain basic cosmic rays data around moon for forecast of cosmic ray radiations in the space.
PS

The ARD and the PS instruments consist of Si semiconductor detectors with high energy resolution. An incident particle is identified by the method of delta-E by total-E using the information of energy deposited in multilayer Si detectors respectively. We obtain not only energy information but also element information for the incident cosmic ray.

Principles of observation

• Neutrons are produced in the lunar subsurface by irradiation of Galactic Cosmic Ray.
  • Gamma rays with the energy characteristic to each element on the Moon are produced by interactions of those neutrons with surface elements. Natural radioisotopes also emit gamma rays.
  • Elemental composition is determined by measuring the gamma-ray energies from the lunar orbit.

Results expected:
Will be investigated time variation of the gas emanation with the time scale between one month and one year during the mission period as well as with the time scale of years through direct comparison with the previous missions using the ARD instrument.
Will be obtained basic cosmic rays data around moon for forecast of cosmic ray radiations in the space by the PS instrument.

Radio science (RS)
Information of the evolution of the Moon will be obtained by measuring the distribution of gravity fields.

It is still under the debate whether the ionosphere exists on the Moon or not because of the shortage of data. The lunar ionosphere will be probed with RS by measuring the frequency change due to the passage of radio waves in the ionosphere.

VRAD: Differential VLBI observation of radio sources
RS: Observation of the lunar ionosphere

Location of VLBI ground stations

Four way Doppler measurements by Relay satellite and Main Orbiter transponder (RSAT)

Doppler measurements of the lunar far-side have not been done. RSAT overcomes this difficulty by using a relay satellite.

The figure shows the improvement of selenoid height error with RSAT 4way observation.

Improvement of the gravity coefficients in lower degrees with VRAD, and higher degrees up to 30 degree with RSAT by one order.

High Definition Television (HDTV)
This hardware has a telephoto and a wide-angle HDTV color cameras used three 2.2M-pixel CCDs.
The camera can shoot the earth rise and detailed features of complex crater from slant view, and the image is useful as public information.

Specifications
Size: 46cm x 42cm x 28cm
Mass: 16.5kg
Power consumption: 50W
Horizontal angle: 44 degrees (Wide-angle) 15 degrees (Telephoto)

The camera mounted to the moon side of the explorer, and it can shoot the earth rise.

One minute video scene is compressed, stored, and transmitted to the earth through 20 minutes.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Great pics indeed of nothingness

I call those pictures serious enough, their quality is alot better than any NASA picture so far.

You do ?? .WOW your easy pleased ...

I myself for example have many many places i want revisited ,,,for example I want to see the place of apollo 17 ( Nanson) and the mountain they blew up before leaving ..and the impact test they done on the south massife

BUT
all pics you get to see are sanitised and censored ..Thats a given
so whatever is left you take and be happy with
I for one am not ...

[edit on 5-2-2008 by goatboy]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Wow!
You sure lay it on thick!! Where the devil do you get the time to dig into all this?

Very enlightening! Thanks bud!
A star for you!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Doesn't look like a crater though, not sure what it is...

Nice post internos, was reading about the KAGUYA probe yesterday and is some piece of ingeneering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join