POLITICS: Kerry wins D.C. & Nevada Caucuses.

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Senator John Forbes Kerry (D-MA) won Saturday's caucuses in the District of Columbia with 47% of the vote, more than double his closest competitor.

Rev. Al Sharpton : 20%
Gov. Howard Dean: 18%
Sen. John Edwards (D-NC): 10%
Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) 3%

Senator Kerry was the only democratic candidate to campaign in the state of Nevada, easily won the majority of the vote leaving Howard Dean in a weak second place much to the dismay of his supporters. Voter turnout was at a record high and above projected turnouts.

Current Table of Delegates;
Kerry: 516
Dean: 182
Edwards:165
Clark: 102
Sharpton:12
Kucinich:2
Other:1
Gephardt:4
Lieberman:13

CNN: A Very Kerry Valentines Day
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts won Saturday's caucuses in the District of Columbia with 47 percent of the vote, more than double his closest competitor.

MSNBC: Kerry dominates again
MILWAUKEE - Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry scored victories east and west Saturday, swamping his rivals in Nevada and the District of Columbia caucuses to build his advantage in delegates needed for the nomination. His opponents pinned their hopes on the coming Wisconsin primary to try to slow him down.

CBSNEWS: Trying to stop the kerry bandwagon
(CBS/AP) Democratic presidential front- runner John Kerry looked for solid victories Saturday in Nevada and District of Columbia caucuses. His remaining rivals did not put up much of a fight, pinning their hopes on Tuesday's Wisconsin primary to try to slow him down.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Nerdling]

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Who knows what happens to Clark's delegates?

I know it depends on how many dedicated versus SUPER you have. Super aren't tied to you and can vote for anyone they want at the convention and Dean has TONS of those, double Edwards I noticed.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
John Kerry supports late-term abortion.

Facts about abortion:
5 weeks - The embryo's tiny heart has begun beating. The neural tube enlarges into three parts, soon to become a very complex brain.

7 weeks - Facial features are visible, including a mouth and tongue. The eyes have a retina and lens. The major muscle system is developed, and the unborn child practices moving (MOVING). The child has its own blood type, distinct from the mother's. These blood cells are produced by the liver now instead of the yolk sac (means it is functioning).

8 weeks - The tiny person is protected by the amnionic sac, filled with fluid. Inside, the child swims and moves gracefully. The arms and legs have lengthened, and fingers can be seen. The toes will develop in the next few days. Brain waves can be measured.

10 weeks - The heart is almost completely developed and very much resembles that of a newborn baby. An opening the atrium of the heart and the presence of a bypass valve divert much of the blood away from the lungs, as the child's blood is oxygenated through the placenta. Twenty tiny baby teeth are forming in the gums.

12 weeks - Vocal chords are complete, and the child can and does sometimes cry (silently). The brain is fully formed, and the child can feel pain. The fetus may even suck his thumb. The eyelids now cover the eyes, and will remain shut until the seventh month to protect the delicate optical nerve fibers.

All of this within the time frame of legal standard abortion. It swims, cries, moves that is not the criteria for a disorganized clump of cells.

-John Kerry is also a war criminal.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I edited that post because of the term "Baby Killer"

It is not appropriate and not funny, as for the claims of war criminal then back it up with evidence.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I edited that post because of the term "Baby Killer"

It is not appropriate and not funny, as for the claims of war criminal then back it up with evidence.

Apparantly I'm a baby killer as well, even though I've never killed a baby. Talk about reactionary.

He actually didn't even know this "evidence" until KrazyJethro provided it on another thread. Obviously he can't be bothered to do his own research.

this quote "All of this within the time frame of legal standard abortion. It swims, cries, moves that is not the criteria for a disorganized clump of cells."

Is actually a personal one of KrazyJethro, not from the site the info came from, which shows just how much he really read it.
Don't you think you should give credit to the original author of these quotes? It was actually another member here for Christ's sake and you passed it off as your own.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Indeed John.

The right to choose should remain, Republicans are against state controlling everyday lives unless it suits their own agenda. Abortion, Sex Ed, Taxes.

These are the same people who teach abstinence in schools instead of how to use a condom and other protection methods. Studies have shown that those who swear oathes of virginity are more likely to break that in college and have unprotected sex.

The right to choose should remain, who the hell do you think you are to tell someone they can or cannot manipulate their own body? It is the mothers prerogative and always will be.

The law is sketchy, i think the major stumbling block is the fact the baby is not a U.S. Citizen until its born, therefor has no real rights.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I support EXTREMELY late term abortion!!!

Some facts about late term:

At 936 weeks some people start making off topic threads about abortion where they don't belong...

At 1144 weeks they get so annoying people want to extend abortion to early twenties....

At 3120 weeks they are too old to procreate themselves, and couldn't carry a baby as a man anyway, so they run for President and try to outlaw reproductive rights...

That's right. I'm pro Abort Bush 2004.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
so why is this news??.....of course he will win the dem nom....he was suppose to from the begining....bush-kerry....will there be a real difference???

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
You're a dumbass.

I never passed it off as my own.

Give credit where it is due.

And again i ask you to provide evidence of Kerry being a war criminal, an accusation of that level requires backing up or consequences will be coming you're way.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
On a side note, Verbal abuse to staff has not and will never be tolerated.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I want to hear more about the "SILENT SCREAM!"

Is that the same sound Nessie makes when you don't see her? Or the sound of Big Foot NOT tromping in the woods?

"Silent Scream" Gawd I miss the Roe v Wade boards sometimes. Little brainwashed Baptist girls posting fetal poetry.

Mommy, Mommy? Why did you kill me?

Aaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa. Fetal poetry... Hey if they can scream they write poetry? Right?

Well why don't they get a damn job and pay rent then? Ahhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaa... man, I need to go beat up on some real pro lifers. It's Valentines Day.. they'll all be on the boards bitching about girls not keeping their legs closed. Gawd you guys are lame.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And why are we deleting Xizer's posts?

Don't want the truth getting out? Tsk tsk.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I think it's terribly irresponsible to have staff that bypass the censor system by using BBCode [i][/i] tags and insult members terribly over an opinion.

You followed suite. In fact you done it far more than I did and have actually carried it on for two days. I actually forgot about you the minute I left the computer yesterday. Yet you're still crying about it today, if you think I'm such an idiot I don't get why you can't get over me.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

I think it's terribly irresponsible to have staff that bypass the censor system by using BBCode [i][/i] tags and insult members terribly over an opinion.

You followed suite. In fact you done it far more than I did and have actually carried it on for two days. I actually forgot about you the minute I left the computer yesterday. Yet you're still crying about it today, if you think I'm such an idiot I don't get why you can't get over me.

Technically, I didn't do the method you did. I used the null space.

And I only followed suit since because a staff member did it, it must be okay for me to do it right? You're setting a bad example for members. Not only did you do it once, you did it repeatedly as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You're going to blame the movies for violence next.

Be a man and take responsibility for your own actions.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am taking responsibillity for my own actions.

I'm just saying it's highly irresponsible for you to be behaving that way considering you are a staff member.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I am taking responsibillity for my own actions.

I'm just saying it's highly irresponsible for you to be behaving that way considering you are a staff member.

No backseat moderating.

Johns actions have been noticed and dealt with by myself and another person, the situation and argument have been taken into account.

You taking advantage of things like this do not weigh well, there is no such thing as a technicality on ATS.

join