It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS tool bar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think it would be a great idea to have an ATS tool bar. Not the one we have now on ATS, but a tool bar like the google, yahoo, and dogpile one. We could have an ATSNN news ticker and other features in the ATS tool bar. If I knew how to make one I would voulnteer to make it.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I like taht have like a google search and an ATS search. Like you said a news ticker on it what would be tight.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
such a thing would make my computer life more intersting

xn

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
but it has to have no spyware/adware in it

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That would be a cool idea actually. Just for the heck of it I went out and did some work on a toolbar with the ability to search ATS or Google. Any other ideas on how simple or complicated it shoudl be, perhaps extra features if they can be done (its created using pre-done software, so I don't have the real fine-tuned control of doing it all by hand)

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
it could be something BV had awhile back they made a a BV unique web browser

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If someone knows a site that would teach me how to make a tool bar from scratch that would be great.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If someone does this....make sure its compatible with Mozilla, Firefox, IE, Opera, Avant, Slimbrowser and any other widespread browser.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yeah, thats definately the way to go, cause all the programs I've seen so far seem to have a catch in that if you want to compile the bar, they want money. I figure it could be done through Visual Basic, but the problem is getting it to snap-in to IE.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'll stick to Opera 6.4 anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I do not know any thing about programing but I am still willing to learn how to make it.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It may be easier for an actual programmer to make it
rather than you learning some complex high-level languages.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Me too!
let the plebs toil away on trying to get IE secure....

Originally posted by Nerdling

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Me too!
let the plebs toil away on trying to get IE secure....

Originally posted by Nerdling

Indeedy, probably the best function is the sheer simplicity of the browser, its so light and easily-adapted.

I love the Delete Private Data function, you can flush all your records in one press.

It's just a damn good browser, haven't been impressed with the 7.x series though, have you?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
7 seems OK but the mychat wouldn't run in it. So I never updated.

I love the right click / "Open in the background" feature, I just go down the todays list with the toggle for images on "cache", and open all the threads in the background.

With the cache for images on, the pages load fast behind the page I am reading, so when I am ready I can click through all the threads I want to look at.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
If someone does this....make sure its compatible with Mozilla, Firefox, IE, Opera, Avant, Slimbrowser and any other widespread browser.

Your list is what, 5% of everything other than MS?widespread..

(Sorry, had to notice that,jk)

Actually it would be difficult to make an installable toolbar to work in all those browsers, but a realistic idea would be many 'flavors' of toolbars to download for each browser.

There is a couple of soft packages for a couple of hundred, that allow you to setup toolbars and serve them from your website from a self-installing link.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have 7.23 version of opera, it works great!
I completely modified it to how I want it to be.
The password wand is perfect, just one click and you're logged in!

top topics

join