It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United airlines to start charging customers $25 dollars to check a bag!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

United airlines to start charging customers $25 dollars to check a bag!

www.reuters.com

CHICAGO (Reuters) - UAL Corp's United Airlines said on Monday it will charge some passengers a fee to check more than one bag, a move that could generate $100 million annually as the carrier attempts to offset soaring fuel costs.

The No. 2 U.S. airline said customers who purchase nonrefundable domestic economy tickets and do not have status in Mileage Plus or Star Alliance may check one bag for free and a second bag for a $25 service fee.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
LOL. So it's not enough that people nearly need to be strip searched any more to board flights. Now we are going to be CHARGED to have them ransack through our personal belongings.

Unreal.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well to be honest, they are giving you one bag "free" up to 20 kilo's in weight (im guessing based on every flight ive ever taken has had a max of 20 kilo's) I dont see anything different from any flight ive taken around the world. 1 bag free, after that you gotta pay...

Though i do agree, stripping just to get on a plane is pain in the sensitive area's...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
No its complete bollocks - you purchase a ticket and they want to charge you to check your luggage - and if you don`t want to pay you will get forceably strip searched (like that woman who called 911)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
things are starting to get rediculous at airports. anyone up for a boycott of United Airlines? screw paying money for someone to check my bag.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well for starters, the thread title is slightly misleading, because as the New source says, "UAL to charge $25 to check a second bag"

So its not UAL is going to charge you to check your luggage, its UAL is going to charge you to check additional luggage. Also worth mentioning is that it applies to domestic flights...

Secondly, i didnt see where it said they would strip search you if you refused to pay. If anything, if you refuse to pay, they refuse to load your luggage, its that simple. Its their plane, you fly by their rules.

I know it sucks to get put threw the ringer when your travelling, but like every industry in the world, prices are going up.

If you think its so unjust, pick a different airline.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by InSpiteOf]

new topics

top topics

join