It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New History Channel Show 'Gateways' ET robot probe alleged. Airs 3/19/8

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As you all can tell from my recent field work in the Battle of Los Angeles thread (linked in my signature), I'm no stranger to field work, and would love to get a shot at doing some for a show like this.

A while back ATS put out a call for Radio and Television talent, and I applied for the Radio Host (for the BTS Mix Show) position. I won't give anything away that I'm not supposed to, but I will state that I was a finalist, and did very well according to the powers that be. I'm not sure what's going to become of the Television format, but if they are still looking for talent, consider me on board.

Not even kidding a little bit, we could wipe the floor with these four 'UFO Hunters'.

It's all about providing ALL of the data available, and then digging up just a bit more. That makes for good programming, and will allow viewers to become personally invested in a certain case. This makes viewers want to become pro-active on their own (as many ATS members are pro-active here, without pay) and it strengthens the overall investigation.

I agree also that these guys seem to be afraid of 'making enemies'. That's just something you cannot be afraid of in this field. People are going to hate, regardless of whether or not you're doing your work correctly. What this show (or any like it) needs is investigators who aren't afraid of anything, and who are willing to let their research stand on it's own, as the bulk of the show's content. These four obviously are incapable (in my opinion) of building a show around the content of their investigations, and it seems this is the case because they are either unable or unwilling to go in depth when investigating something truly anomalous.

Anyway, I hope the production manager or program director reads this thread. If nothing else he/she can get an idea of what's wrong with the show, and what people who are truly interested in these topics want to see in the way of investigations...

-WFA

p.s. Hsur2112, I actually went out and bought M&Ms last night! LOL Oh well...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Originally posted by trustnobody

I wonder if they had more info on pine bush that they are not telling? The best thing would be to dig and find out what is down there.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm surprised at the lack of follow up. Did they get 'discouraged'? The ufo hunters team appears to be a little too afraid of making, for lack of better words, any enemies. Oh well, what is one to do?

Maybe the men in black are keeping a close eye on the history channel to make sure they are not telling more than what the public is supposed to know. I never can tell what is really going on these days.

Ooooh, welcome to the twilight zone! Fan? You are the first to notice or admit that you notice. 10,000 pts. if I could.

I have to admire rush for their skill and creativity. However the reason I noticed your name is because I am dyslexic. ]

If I have a chance this summer I may drive up to pine bush and check for emf. I actually have an emf meter. I can't beleive they didn't even do that.

Peace
Trustnobody

[edit on 27-3-2008 by trustnobody

[edit on 27-3-2008 by trustnobody]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

You honestly think there will be many more of these shows? I'm not sure how much more time I'm going to invest. (I do suffer from occassional insomnia so maybe I'll just DVR them and queue them up for a good sandman type evening.)

BTW, Rush2112 is one of my all time favorite albums.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by entermemo

Welcome entermemo!!!

You do make some good points, I do feel bit Jaded about the UFO topic partly due to all of time I spend on ATS.

I know for myself I couldn't wait to watch the pine bush segment so I could come back here and discuss it. To find out there is really nothing to discuss.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

No, probably not going to be too many of them left. The passion is there, but they don't want to get too dirty. And eventually it will be replaced by another well meaning, but hopefully harder hitting show then this. I think the public interest is out there and is increasing every day, and that will feed more wallets and more programs.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnobody
If I have a chance this summer I may drive up to pine bush and check for emf. I actually have an emf meter. I can't beleive they didn't even do that.

I'll be looking forward to that thread!!!

Now what do we talk about?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

I certainly hope you're right about more hard-hitting shows to come in the future. It seems as though we have such an amazing group of researchers here that anyone wanting to produce a top-notch UFO based show would look here for heretofore untapped resources.

Hey, a gal can dream, can't she?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
google map of cemetery in question.

other things i found out about the plot:

from www.congregationbethhillel.org...

Cemetery on Route 52 is the property of the WJCC but operates under separate by-laws and is separately funded.

interesting .. trivia?

Anyone have Dr. Cornet's take on it? I'd like to hear his opinion of the show, and the editing, etc. It was he who was making claims of the buried object there - if he has solid evidence of an anomaly/anomalies (i believe a magnetic tree would qualify) which was observed and then edited out.. one has to wonder wtf?

I found aother of his pages (complete with a typo in the title) at: www.sunstar-solutions.com... which discusses events near the cemetery in question - nothing of the buried object tho..

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm probably not the first to come up with these possible conclusions, but.....

1. Someone threatened them, so they didn't show everything they found.

Probably even more likely....

2. There was nothing that amazing as an ET probe there at all. Someone just thought of that as a possibility and sensationalized it.

3. It's actually for a different episode?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jazy510

Jazy, have you tried to email Dr. Cornet and invite him to this thread or you could email him a list of our questions/comments? Might be worth a try.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

I would hire you in a heartbeat and pay you with m & m's.
I really don't think that it is outside of the realm of possibility for the future at ATS. There are a lot of intelligent people here who ask the right questions, and push the right buttons.

Of course our viewers would 'debunk' everything before the first commercial just like they 'debunk' everything by the end of the first page of posts.
"It's fake, thread closed, go home", gosh I hate that.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jazy510

Jazy, have you tried to email Dr. Cornet and invite him to this thread or you could email him a list of our questions/comments? Might be worth a try.

yep, i have now.. let's hope he can help shed some light..

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jazy510

Great jazy510! We will look forward to a reply.

Extra line for a smiley.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

I would hire you in a heartbeat and pay you with m & m's.
I really don't think that it is outside of the realm of possibility for the future at ATS. There are a lot of intelligent people here who ask the right questions, and push the right buttons.

Of course our viewers would 'debunk' everything before the first commercial just like they 'debunk' everything by the end of the first page of posts.
"It's fake, thread closed, go home", gosh I hate that.

If you paid me with m & m's, I'd likely follow you all over!!

Second line to stay out of trouble!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty interesting. I know most of you hated it and thought it was dreck but I'm quite content to get new footage, data, analysis in any shape I can. I know it's kind of annoying how middle of the road the show is and how you would wish they wouldn't just be so inconclusive to be able to more easily invite a wider audience but they are a show afterall and ratings drives it's survival.

I liked the show mostly though because I grew up in Westchester County, NY the heart of the Hudson River Valley and many of those towns they mentioned I know like the back of my hand. I grew up with all those bizarre sightings along the Sprain and the Taconic and the Saw Mill. In High School a friend spoke of his strange encounter where he had missing time. I didn't even understand the implications at the time and thought nothing of his story until years later. I also witnessed a ufo with my mother when I was about 9 that was totally unlike anything they mentioned on this show as it had no lights and was just a large black ball that was like bouncing across the skies. It was nighttime and it was like seeing black on black but you could clearly make out this thing that just bounced. Pretty weird.

Anywho, I didn't want to derail this but I enjoyed the obelisk stuff in Pine Bush. That was very interesting. They mentioned only briefly that the chamber and obelisk would match up with the winter solstice just like it does with Stonehenge which was just crazy. This stuff isn't even protected or under any investigation as it's not recognized as old world antiquity which is startling. If the theory on ley lines is correct then those areas should be researched more in depth. I've never been to Pine Bush as that is further north and in another county but I will perhaps travel there and check that out sometime soon. One place I always feel very strange in is Rockefeller State Park right on the Hudson River right by Sleepy Hollow. If anyone here has ever been there it's quite a trip. It used to house Rockefeller Mansion but it burned down and the foundation of the mansion still stands there overlooking the river and the Tappan Zee. I've seen some anomolous things there and man there is like electricity in the air there it's very hard to put your finger on but it's quite palpable. That place feels like a vortex to me.

I won't take UFO Hunters off my DVR because honestly, I don't watch any other TV (except for LOST) and I still learn something sometimes about cases I hadn't heard of before or I get to see footage I haven't seen before.

**EDIT** Did I change a forum preference to get this horrible light gray or did ATS just now change the background to this light gray? blech change it back!

[edit on 31-3-2008 by merryxmas]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
I won't take UFO Hunters off my DVR because honestly, I don't watch any other TV (except for LOST) and I still learn something sometimes about cases I hadn't heard of before or I get to see footage I haven't seen before.

I know what you mean! It's not perfect, but I've also learned a few things I didn't know before by watching it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
not to burst your bubbles but the history channel never aired that episode.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pro420

Ummm, yes they did. It was last Wednesday. 10PM in California. I think some people were going to DVR it, perhaps someone could put it up on youtube for you?

Hsur2112, for enough M&M's you've got a deal

-WFA

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ummmm no they didnt. it was about reverse engineering.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pro420

Wow, some people like to argue about some pretty strange things.

You are reading the History channel schedule. It's wrong. It's been discussed in this thread.

It was probably a lazy IT guy that didn't update the listing.

Check out the proper info here:
www.history.com...

Forget it, here's the relevant info:
"11:00 PM UFO Hunters: UFO Vortexes

There are locations all over the globe -- like the Bermuda Triangle -- where the Earth's energies result in a preponderance of mysterious activity. The team travels to Sedona, Arizona, long known for strange phenomena, to interview witnesses to unexplained sightings of lights and objects in the skies. Here they explore the concept of vortexes, which are places on the Earth's surface where lines of energy meet. They link these spots to the Sedona sightings and other incidents, like the Hudson Valley UFO flap of the 1980s. Later, Tim and Jeff consult an astrophysicist who suggests that inter-dimensional travel via Vortexes may be entirely possible under Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

TVPG"

Try speaking from personal experience if you'd like to have a debate about something. I watched the Wednesday episode, as did many in this thread. It happened.

-WFA

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join