It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New History Channel Show 'Gateways' ET robot probe alleged. Airs 3/19/8

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I must admit they could do a much better job with this series. I wish the History Channel would hire me to make their UFO shows.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Thanks trustnobody. I just don't want it to end like the others.....INCONCLUSIVE!

Yeah, I hear they're going to offer incontrovertible, physical and documentary proof of contact/ engineering/ interaction by human-like aliens from another planet, backed up by all of the nation's leading laboratories and verified by a panel of government experts.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm really looking forward to tonights episode, but I hate to say it, we're all likely to be disappointed like usual on next weeks as well. Here's why. If they have already filmed the show... which they most certainly have... if something conclusive and TRULY remarkable would have came out of what they found, I'm sure we would have heard about it by now. I mean thats breaking news, folks. A buried magnetic transponding device sending signals into space? My guess is, they'll fish around with the little radar things, and the magentoscopes or whatever, and segway to a commercial saying something like.... I dont beleive it.... and when the commercial breaks, theyll say well we found some sort of signal. But we cant dig here, so we can only speculate. lol. Either that, or they'll find that its just magnetized rock, put it under an electron microscope and say, well its too hard to tell, but it MAY be alien in nature... or it may not.

Well thats our show! Tune in next week for a rerun of UFO's in the Bible!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I wish the History Channel would hire me to make their UFO shows.

I shall be your partner and we will call it reality rush.

Originally posted by Nohup
incontrovertible, physical and documentary proof of contact/ engineering/ interaction by human-like aliens from another planet, backed up by all of the nation's leading laboratories and verified by a panel of government experts.

=swamp gas

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bryan Thornsberry

Well said Bryan Thornsberry. But the real question is....will he or will he not remove the sunglasses?

I know mods....I'm way off topic.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I stopped to check the time for this show on cable and to my dread; THe cable for the TV is out. I thought, no problem, I've still got almost an hour, I'll call comcast. The ******** that are supposed to be available 24/7 in their offices are suddenly closed. Could this be a comcastic conspiracy?

I'm fairly certain it will be on again this week.........won't it?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Ooooh...that stinks! Trustnobody...where are you? They will run it again overnight at 2:00 am EST in case your cable comes back on and you have dvr, or just didn't really feel like sleeping tonight.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That specific show is, apparently, not being shown tonight.

UFO Hunters

UFO Hunters: Reverse Engineering

Original Airdate: 2008-03-19
Next Airing: March 23, 2008

10:00 PM
Synopsis

Reverse Engineering: The team investigates reports that wreckage from UFO crashes has been used for reverse engineering.

Show is supposedly labeled 'Vortexes'. It's now listed as airing on 3/26/08

UFO Hunters
10:00PM Wed., Mar 26
History Channel - UFO Hunters: UFO Vortexes
Researchers investigate theories about the existence of UFO gateways in New York's Hudson Valley and the Arizona desert.

Fingers crossed, unless the listing here is wrong.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
At least I was able to solve my receiver problem by unplugging and plugging it back in. The show wasn't really disappointing but it didn't seem to answer much more than we've already covered here.

I hadn't recalled that these symbols were supposedly identical to the kecksburg UFO.

I wonder if it's Klingon?

www.kli.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Interesting that they moved the "Gateways" episode to next week and this one about the Drones to this week, just at the time that the Drones were just in the LA Times and on Fox News today (and more so tomorrow).

Coincidence?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

I was off yesterday that is why the wait at Comcast was so long. I missed last nights episode of UFO Hunters I was busy watching Destination truth. They were searching for the Cambodian Wildman. Great stuff

Peace
Trustnoboday

[edit on 20-3-2008 by trustnobody]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
is this going to be shown in the uk next week aswell?

If it's not,I do hope someone uploads it....hint hint.....

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
At least I was able to solve my receiver problem by unplugging and plugging it back in. The show wasn't really disappointing but it didn't seem to answer much more than we've already covered here.

I hadn't recalled that these symbols were supposedly identical to the kecksburg UFO.

I wonder if it's Klingon?

www.kli.org...

exactly the same thing i was thinking. when they first showed that picture i had a feeling i wasnt gonna lern anything new.

i thought that picture was a hoax if i remember correctly, or maybe not, a little memory loss never hurt anyone right.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Jeff! Wow, I must comment!

But first, an important note, I have not yet read the whole thread, and plan on commenting again once I've done so. This post I'm replying to is only on page 2, but I just had to comment.

Okay, I've seen a lemur also, but on the other side of the continent. A friend of mine and myself were driving from California through the Sierra Nevadas in 2004, on the way to a small suburb of Salt Lake City, Utah.

My vehicle had a VERY STRANGE accident (which I will provide details on in private U2U if requested), on the way OUT to California, about 2 weeks before. The vehicle needed to stay in Salt Lake City at the dealership for repairs, and I took a rental car the rest of the way to California. Two weeks later, myself and the above mentioned friend were driving the rental back to Utah to pick up my vehicle when we had the sighting.

We took the 4 I think, through the Yosemite area and over the pass, and then connected to the 95 North up to the I 80 once in Nevada.

We saw the animal near the I-80 connection, on the 95 North.
My friend had no idea what it was, it was standing on the side of the highway. I slowed significantly, because it looked like a human from a distance, with very poor posture. As we slowed and passed it (I had originally intended to stop and pic the poor fellow up, because we were in the middle of nowhere) we could tell it wasn't human. It couldn't decide whether or not to cross the road, and sort of leaned back and forth a bit, shifting its weight. When I realized it was an animal, I went even slower, so as not to hit it if it did attempt to cross the highway. (It was on the right hand side, or East side, by the way).

We passed by and kept driving. For some reason we were both a little scared, even though I was sure I'd identified the animal, it sort of freaked me out too, and I drove quickly away, not sure why I was uneasy.

It was a Lemur. I'm certain of it. The markings around the eyes are what did it for me. Strangest thing I've ever seen on the side of the highway. I still can't rationalize what the heck it was doing there, how it got there, or where it was going!

-WFA

Edited for grammar

[edit on 20-3-2008 by WitnessFromAfar]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
The show wasn't really disappointing but it didn't seem to answer much more than we've already covered here.

Good show. At least I was able to get caught up on the whole drone thing without having to read all 4,637 posts! The connection to the Kecksurg incident is quite interesting. I hope that it is not all a dis-information hoax, it could be, but if it is I hope someone figures it out soon. Those things give me the creeeeeeps. If there are real...what's their purpose? Guess I'll save that question for the drone thread.

Side note: my cable hung in there.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Okay, now I've read the whole thread

Two comments, one, I don't have cable until next week, just moved into a new place... So I really hope that someone can either find online archives of this show (and the vortexes one for next week) or has taped them and can upload them to youtube or google.

My other comment, (and I haven't researched the connection yet, just an idea) is that the sounds in the vid remind me quite a bit of that mysterious signal supposedly coming from the region of Saturn recently.

I know this theory seems to parralel Arthur C. Clarke's work (substitute this object for the 'monolith' on the moon, and the Saturn transmission with the Jupiter monolith), but is anyone else noticing that Clarke might well have been on to something?

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance today (at work and busy like a bee) but I'll try to do a comparison of the two signals when I can. If anyone else can beat me to it, there will be a nice shiny 'star' for that post!

-WFA

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar
It was a Lemur. I'm certain of it. The markings around the eyes are what did it for me. Strangest thing I've ever seen on the side of the highway. I still can't rationalize what the heck it was doing there, how it got there, or where it was going!

Just as a side note, and definitely off topic, do you think it might have been a koati? They are native to the western United States, although not too many people are familiar with them, and can sometimes grow to be pretty big. It might look a bit like a lemur in the right light.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Hey there Nohup!

While I'm sure a comparison could be made, what I saw most assuredly looked most like this image I just found on Google:

The only major differences were that the coat was of a slightly darker brown, and there were no stripes on the tail. The tail just looked like a slightly darker shade of brown than the body, but was about the same length.

I know this sounds crazy, but the thing actually stood up on it's hind legs, and shifted it's weight back and forth (appearing as if it was having trouble deciding whether or not to cross the highway).

I initially thought it was a lemur due to the rings around the eyes, and when searching for comparison images shortly after the sighting, the lemur was the only animal with such a (consistent from one to the next) feature that fit the requirements.

One more thing, that I know sounds crazy, this thing was approximately the size of a small human. When approaching it in the vehicle, I initially thought it was an old man with bad posture. Couldn't tell it was an animal until I was within 50 feet or so.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread. I'm fully interested in this topic! JRitzman's account just got me thinking about my own, and since it's such a rare thing to see, I just had to mention it.

-WFA

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They're not anywhere near 'small human' size but what about this:

According to Wiki they can be up to 2 feet tall standing up, and if you add the tail that's another 10". So, pretty much too small. Unless you saw the elusive Gigantomeericus Americanus.

Great story!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Gigantomeericus Americanus.

That was hilarious! You know to be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure what it was. A lemur was just the closest comparison I could find. It was the rings around the eyes that really made me think that's what I was looking at.

Other than this one possible sighting, I've never actually seen a lemur in person before (not even at the zoo!) so I must admit that I'm not in the greatest position to say that's for sure what it was. But the resemblance was certainly there.

Also, as far as I know, Lemurs are not native to America, but once again, I'm not an expert on this

Again also, sorry for the sidetrack, I'm fairly sure that the whole lemur thing doesn't have much to do with this topic. It might, (Alien Lemurs?) but I'm not really willing to connect dots without evidence

Out of curiosity though, Jeff Ritzman, how large was the one you saw in NY?

By the by, Badge01 has the full account of that very strange road trip, and is hereby authorized to share the details provided that once I dig out the DVD of the aftermath of the vehicle accident (I'll try to find it over this coming weekend) and send it to her she will keep my identity anonymous.

Badge01, I guess I'm just assuming you are a she due to your avatar, so sorry if I'm guessing wrong...

What a fun thread! I wish I still lived in NY so I could pay a visit to this area!

-WFA

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join