It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New History Channel Show 'Gateways' ET robot probe alleged. Airs 3/19/8

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just wondering.

Does this object in any way affect any machinery or technology that passes close by?

Surely if it is throwing off such a magnetic force,it would be having an effect on people and objects around it?

Good story

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Eeek, I just finished watching 2001:A Space Odyssy, now I'm really tripping out. This is exactly what happened in the movie, 'cept the artifact was on the moon when it was discovered due to the magnetic anomaly. It then sent a signal to Jupiter (well, Saturn in the book), where the other monolith was found. Of course ages before man was on the moon, the Monolith showed up to a group of ape-men on the cusp of their evolution. Now if that Monolith never left, it would still be buried on earth. Did Kubrick and Clark know something we're just finding out? Get ready for an evolutionary shift in consciousness.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jazy510

Is it possible that somebody could save that site properly as a PowerPoint .ppt file? I'm on a Mac and that site will not load properly in either Firefox, Safari, or Shiira. I do have PowerPoint, but it does not open URLs. If it's possible, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

[Edit: Never mind. I found it on the website. For those who can't view it in their browsers, here is the link: Underground.ppt]

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It's a shame that they are making a TV Documentry and Posting on ATS rather then digging it up, then telling people.

If it is an Alien prob? (Quite how they came to this conclusion i dont know?)

I will bet my life savings it is no longer there. It's pretty well established that the government monitor ATS do you really think they will just let someone dig up and alien artifact??

aint gonna happen.. not in a billion years.

shame though................

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Interesting story indeed, and i am sure the program itself will be fascinating, but again, it will have the usual balance of believers blind faith in the fact that it is ET in origin, hard nosed skeptics laughing off the idea as fantasy, and some interesting evidence in between.

But they can't dig it up because of an old graveyard, always something in the way isn't there!

Just the the alleged chamber under the right paw of the sphinx, doesn't look like we are getting a look in!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

I will pay for the shovel

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It sounds alot like the Stephen King novel the Tommy Knockers.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

If you are using firefox, right click on the page and choose "view page in IE tab".

As for what's buried, I'd venture to guess it's being blown out of proportion. Sounds like a whole lot of legend to me as I don't see why it wouldn't have been dug up. Could be something naturally occurring.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
why would we be theorizing about this instead of digging it up and testing it, except if it weren't really there?

trust me, the idea of an extraterrestrial probe being found on the Earth excites me as much as the next sci-fi enthusiast, but i just don't see enough evidence here to believe this is real.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
in the OP's first post the article said it was embedded in (cant remember correct #) million(s) year old solid rock, which means this thing is in the bed rock solid, and due to the potential nature of the discovery, i dont think anyone is just gunna go digging around aimlessly or blasting away the rock incase it is what they believe it to be, they'll take it slow and do it right, and if it was just discovered late last year they may be obtaining the correct local permit to dig once the winter thaw is gone, but that cemetary sure presents a problem, but great find, starred and flagged

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MiRRoR_MuSiC

It cant be embedded... Its about 2m below the ground with a cemetary on top. That would give them extremely little (if any) marginal and I cant imagine why on earth you'd put a graveyard over it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It appears that roughly half of the triangle lies under open field. It could be a basaltic dike or similar. I was excited at first. I'll spectate for a little while.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well I did some digging and I found Bruce Cornet website. You can reach it here:

www.monmouth.com...

He's doing some research of the so called Manta Ray type planes. You cand find more of this here:

www.sunstar-solutions.com...

More on Manta Ray type crafts, here:

Interesting video they got, here:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am NOT playing devil's advocate, but

They found an "object" buried 7 feet underground in a cemetery.

Ummm I have a guess at what it is, but I'll wait until Heraldo Riverra comes with his backhoe.

Now being that it is magnetized and such is interesting. I only hope the owners let them start digging. Usually in cases like this is something stupid like the owner doesn't want them digging on their property for no other reason other than to be an ass like most humans are.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Good point, speaking of chambers...
What ever happen to the project where they had the robot crawling up the shaft in the Great Pyramid, only to be stopped by a door/slab with what I remeber to be brass or copper nubs embedded in it
Or the tunnel that they said went on and on for what they believed was miles when they found all those tombs years back, including what they believed to be a tomb of one of the gods...
Never heard another word...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MiRRoR_MuSiC

Not sure how big of a problem it would be for the government to move a cemetery especially if it's scientifically proven to be giving off signals
Hell, people have moved cemeteries to build condominiums in the past... and no I'm not talking about Poltergeist the movie
All I'm saying is, if it is that credible and they truly have already proven it is giving off strange signals
I think someone in our terrorist fearing world of today would have screamed "Matter of Natonal Security!!", and would have been done with it
I'm a believer in ET and Paranormal but this sounds more like Pine Bush needs that flow of tourists again

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

I had somewhat interesting interactions with local people when I went. Some didn't want to talk about it, some wanted to talk too much. Others claimed they had no idea what I was talking about.

I think thats fairly typical of most of the hot spots I've been to. Gulf Breeze wasn't that dissimilar, and I've been there countless times now. Thats another very odd place.

Searsville road, where most of the sightings take place, or used to, as I understand it is now closed to public traffic. I must have driven that road 50 times over 2 nights, and saw nothing.

You're right, a crapload of commercial air traffic (and what I found to be comprising the majority of Coronet's photos).

I did however have 3 unusual instances: The ball of "smoke" on the ground beside the road as we left, a large gold light at the top of the mountain on the edge of town (overlooking the hang glider area), and as we sat at McDonald's, we saw a lemur. Sightings of out of place animals have been reported in the area. No doubt, that was a lemur.

Weird place. I know I say that again and again, but it bears repeating. And truthfully? I dont know that the area has anything to do with UFOs.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Taking a huge leap of faith here, and assuming the claims to be real, I would imagine the place would be crawling with black ops people. This would be the exact type of thing they would not want to be dug up, and reported on the six o'clock news.

Lord knows, they have cleaned other locations of any concrete evidence over the past many decades. Perhaps the word hasn't got out yet, but I seriously doubt it.

If the unusual readings are still there, somebody better dig this object up, before this goose gets cooked.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Well it had to be around '92 or '93 when I was last there and I never really kept up with whatever was going on out there after the noise died down about it
I just remember my girlfriend at the time was pissed because she thought we were going there for some kind of romantic getaway

As one would guess, we are no longer together...
As always I hope it is something we can all learn from but methinks this smells of History channel hoopla trying to get more youth to watch and wonder... which in itself isn't so bad i guess if it drives them to seek out answers
I just hope it's based on some facts and not just fiction

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hmmmm, well the only thing that comes to mind for me is the last version of "War of the Worlds".. remember those aliens coming up out of the ground giving a clear signal that "they" were here all the time just waiting for the rest of their buddies to show up... I hope thats not the case..
There are however magnetic anomalies to be found all over the world, FACT.
There is also the theory of "Hollow Worlds" which if true could harbour some pretty big surprises for mankind on this side of the earths crust.
Here is an interesting article about hollow earth..
tls.timesonline.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join