It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton Case. Legitimate Encounter.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

that's not necessarily true. i seem to remember the ufo's over dc case happened twice, if not three times. that's on seperate days, not counting the fact that they'd disappear and then return several times on each occasion. i find it hard to believe that united states air force pilots and radar techs would mistake ordinary craft for something that could outrun their fastest jets and disappear like smoke.

just recently within the last few weeks the radar telemetry from five different sites indicates that at least one object over stevensville (not sure correct spelling) from january , at least at one point, went from virtually no movement to at least 1900 miles an hour . i'd like for someone to explain how that's physically possible, even with technology currently under development. as far as i know we dont have inertial dampners and have no idea how to create them to survive such acceleration. if such technology were available to us why aren't we using it, and why isn't the country in control of that tech ruling over the world????

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have seen the movie and not read the book (a lil too pricey for me).

Now in the movie he was in a sort of cocoon thing with an organic looking tube down his throat. Who in the early 1970's would of thought about making that up? Now this would account for simultaneous sustenance and withdrawal of important enzymes needed by the aliens. Recurring themes in many abduction cases has been the aliens need something like enzymes from us to survive. Also they seem to be searching for " the lost gene" ( for making hybrids, clones or what? My take on him waking up is that there was some sort of foreign substance in him that did not jive with what the aliens were needing out of him ( contaminating their system ) nicotine, an STD, THC, something along those lines anyway. Think about it. Why such pressure in those years following the mid 70's about quitting smoking? I'd like to see a study done on repeat abductees whether they are smokers or not. I think the results will be non smokers. ( spam makes you taste better for the aliens DON"T EAT SPAM!)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
reply to post by Nohup

I quite agree! It is an interesting story, but hardly proof of alien visitation. If you look deeper into the story, it is not such a clear-cut case after all.

I think the Betty-Barney hill case is a lot more interesting (though not proof for me of alien visitation).

I guess some people are prepared to believe anything...

What do you believe happened to these people then? The Hill's took this story to their grave. Why would they do that?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cerberusxp

The movie takes too many liberties than the book. If you can find the book at a library, I recommend you read it. I also just recently read Major Kevin Randle's book that had this case in it. He brought up the lie detector test, and the fact that they tried to keep the failed test results from becoming known. That is important, as the results should have been released not covered up. The cover up taints the whole story, and that is not a good thing.

In Mr Walton's favor, I can explain the weight loss while not having the blood tests show he did not eat during those five days. The aliens could have given him an IV while he recovered from the shock to his system. If we are to believe the story, Mr Walton was knocked down by some type of beam, and landed very hard. He may have had internal injuries, and when he got up and threatened the aliens, they kept him sedated. The IV would give him his nutrients, and he would have weight loss. I went into the VA hospital for surgery and was hooked up to an IV. I could not eat anything until the operation. It was postponed a couple days, and I lost over ten pounds.

He also described different looking aliens than the ones the Hills described, including a race of Nordic like aliens. If he had made it up, wouldn't it be easier to copy what the aliens looked like to the Hills?

I also think the Hill case is the best one out there, and it has a lot of physical evidence to back it up. I am back on the fence with the Walton case, as there are a lot of compelling arguments for both sides. It helps Travis that I experienced a hospital stay and know about the weight loss. He also had a small mark on his body indicating a possible IV type entry point. (He was NOT a drug user, and the area would have been very difficult to self administer.)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ask yourself, what is the 'evidence' in the Walton case? It consists entirely of 'story'. No trace, no injury to Travis of being knocked back 10 feet in the air, conflicting polygraph testing (failing two tests).

People claimed to see things which they probably didn't, the crew only saw a light, and Mike Rogers claimed (though no one else saw) that a 'saucer' was following them as they raced away from the scene.

No trace evidence of anything found at the supposed 'site' of the 'beaming'. No evidence of anything in the urine which would show starvation. Travis washed his clothes and took a bath or shower, removing any possible evidence or lack of same.

The 'red mark' was not shown to be a 'needle puncture' and was found by doctors not to be near a vein.

The behavior of Travis mother (Mary Walton Kellett) was suspicious (she was not alarmed, though Travis lied and says she was). When told she asked Rogers to repeat the story, as if making sure she had the 'facts' straight to help support the story. Then she calmly asked if anyone other than the police or witnesses were told the story.

Motive? Rogers wanted out of his contract for the logging, and he brought this up during the investigation - hardly something to be concerned about if his brother was really taken by non-human non-terrestrials. They made $5,000 from the NE for their story.

Duane reported a bias - he and Travis were interested in UFOs and claimed they saw one years earlier similar to the one which they claimed took Travis (even though Duane didn't see the craft).

Police found no evidence that Walton had used the phone he said he did in Heber (no fingerprints were found).

As I mention in an earlier post in this thread, the 'aliens' conveniently dropped him off safe and sound in a neighboring town...or Walton was hiding out there, take your pick.

Even for a UFO/ET fan there's nothing here to add to evidence of the ET hypothesis - it's all hat and no cattle - all story and no evidence.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I do agree the evidence in this case is lacking, and the cover-up of the failed first lie detector test does not help at all. I am just pointing out some of the aspects of the story that do warrant investigation. It is possible he could have stayed five days in hiding, but the weight loss is puzzling (I find it hard to see a 20 year old young outdoors man not eating for that long a period). The IV idea is one that should be looked at, as I have had experience in that department (long time on IV with no food equals weight loss).
The questions put me back on the fence. I will not state that an abduction happened, but I will not rule it out either. I try to put a personal touch on these cases when I can. I think that does help, even though it may not be scientific. I try to find questions (and answers) not brought up by other researchers. I do believe the IV situation is a valid point and needs to be addressed.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

IMO, you have to look at several things:

1. Credibility of the main witness;
2. Likelihood of other explanations;
3. Internal consistency of the story;
4. Post 'event' sequelae.

TW was not a credible witness. He was a known UFO experiencer wannabe and a jokester. His story is not internally consistent. In his book he adds details that he'd have no way of knowing about, specifically comments made in the car detailed as dialog after he was 'beamed up'. One might say the story was ghost-written, but all he has is the complete accuracy of the 'details'. Anything that looks like embellishment taints the whole story.

Wiki-Aftermath

Matheson argues that Walton's book makes a few fundamental errors that severely harm his case. While Travis "proclaims self-righteously" that he intends only to relate events and not "interpret" them, Matheson writes that "the reader will see almost immediately that large sections of the book are nothing more than highly speculative, purely imaginative recreations on his part".

A hoax, by two or three (TW, Duane and Mike Rogers) that sucked the others in is about a million times more likely than non-human, non-terrestrials coming to Earth and beaming up some wood-cutter, holding him for several days, then conveniently dropping him off in a town 30 miles away. No 'detail' like weight loss adds -any- credibility to his story.

The details of the story of his captivity read like grade F bad science fiction. It's understandable considering the author.

Post event the 'human looking' aliens never came back, he had no more encounters and in all his 'interviews' (see wiki), he is very defensive and does not speak to the truth.

In fact here's a website that goes over several overt lies that Walton made.

He claimed in the book he was jailed for his complicity in a check theft and forgery but he was not, he was put on probation.

He claimed in the book that he, his mother and brother were not UFO fans, but in fact he gave an interview saying he saw UFOs quite regularly.

Mike Rogers claimed not to have seen the B&B Hill case on tv, but later he admits he did see it.

According to Jeff Wells, one of the National Enquirer reporters who was sent to Arizona to meet with Travis and investigate the case: "If we liked the story, and it could be properly documented, and the kid [Travis] could pass our lie detector tests, we would open our check books all the way and start talking in five figures...The test lasted an hour and I was in the ne room fending off the [CBS] TV crew when I heard [Duane Walton] scream: 'I'll kill the sonofabitch.' The kid had failed the test miserably. The polyg man [McCarthy] said it was the plainest case of lying he had seen in 20 years.. I sat down to detail everything that had happened in a 16-page memorandum designed to kill the story. It was all over."

TW claimed in his book to have been almost electrocuted and thrown 10 feet into the hard rocky earth. Post event exam showed absolutely no trauma or evidence to support this.

Officers examined the site and found dry pine needles and no evidence of charring or anything to support a UFO beam striking the area.

It goes on and on. No supporting evidence, bad sci-fi story, and non-credible comments by TW and others, and finally overt lying by Walton and others.

If Walton lies about other things, a good case can be made he's lying about everything.

Even if you ignore most of that it's not even a strong case. Everyone talks about five witnesses, but if three of them were in on it and the rest naively pulled along, repeating what they were induced to believe, it doesn't leave much.

[edit on 12/31/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graphix10
What do you believe happened to these people then? The Hill's took this story to their grave. Why would they do that?

I'm not sure 'anything' happened to them as you enigmatically put it. For a start Dr. Benjamin Simon who hypnotised the couple was not convinced that the Hills story had any basis in reality.

Everyone take their ideas and persieved experiences to the grave. What else can you do with them?

ET visitation requires something a little more concrete.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Mr. Walton still lives in the White Mountains of Arizona. We have mutual friends/acquaintances. He's a quiet guy, unassuming, keeps to himself. Most local residents believe that something happened, whether it was a UFO abduction is another thing.

If he was prone to concoct a story, he could be *filthy rich* speaking about his experience, writing books or just making appearances. He does not seek out publicity.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that a quiet fellow like this would go to all that trouble to make up a wild story and then NOT see it through to make money on it???? If he was going to make it up for attention purposes, then wouldn't he act like an attention whore? Why has he not taken the easy route and capitalized on his fame?

The other thing is that the Mogollon Rim is full of weird stuff, like Bigfoot sightings, strange lights, and plenty of Indian lore.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

He wrote two books and there was a movie deal, not to mention the $5000 awarded by the National Enquirer. Although not now, he did make money on the incident. Badge1's summery is an excellent argument for the whole thing being a hoax. The questions about no evidence or burn marks on dry pine needles makes one think about it. The arguments have made me change my mind to the case being a hoax.
Major Kevin Randle makes a strong argument about the lie detector test in his book "UFOs in the 90s". He states that lie detector administers know about nervous people and adjust for the responses. You can be a bucket of nerves, and the person doing the test would adjust accordingly. He states the argument of nerves does not hold water. His biggest problem was the withholding of the test failure by the UFO researchers themselves. That indicates a cover-up, and if it was the sheriff or any other authority, the same people that decry cover-up would be shouting at the top of their lungs.

I hope that one day the others involved in this hoax will come forward with what really happened.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here is a video about Travis Walton's encounter

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

The fact he disapeared for 5 days is evidence.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
after reading this thread i draw the conclusion that if i m ever abducted i must get some form of proof.hence i ll make a mental note to steal the ufos keys just before they drop me or some alien playboy magazine to see how alien chicks look like.in either case i see debunkers saying hey these keys are some toy keys surely,and whats this.an alien playboy magazine??yeah sure.its a japanese weird fetish son.case debunked lets move.

two videos to watch

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

i believe this case to be true.polygraph tests are unreliable imo.even if they show TW to say the truth or to say lies.i dont accept any result.i accept what they said(TW and his band).nothing more nothing less

[edit on 13-6-2009 by IMSAM]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is interesting that the other young men passed their polygraph tests, and those tests are all reliable. When Travis took his test and failed it, the test results became unreliable. Again, it is all about who is looking at the evidence.

The problem should not be the Travis failed his test, but the UFO researchers covered it up. Debunkers would be taken to task for the same thing, so why not researchers?

The highly rated movie "The UFO Incident" played on NBC about a week before the encounter. Travis Walton and his brother were into UFOs when the incident happened. (They have changed their story on their interest in UFOs many times.)

Five days is a long time to go without food. His blood tests indicated he had been receiving some type of nourishment. He also went out of his way to make sure he weighed himself just like a criminal asks the time to establish an alibi.

He has claimed he never made any money out of this, yet he forgets about the $5000 from the Enquirer, the two books and the movie deal.

His aliens look remarkably similar to another case in which this police officer was abducted in the late 1960s. The case was in a few UFO books, and UFO buffs such as the Waltons may have known about the case.

Again, I am on the fence on this case, but there are many areas which bring up red flags. To call people who raise these flags debunkers do not really want the truth. They want to hear it was aliens that abducted Mr Walton.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join