It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GETTING OLD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
I turn thirty in exactly one month. I have looked back on thirty years of my antics and outtakes and I wonder..... Where the hell did my youth go? Are the best years behind me? I feel like ive seen and done it all already. Whats left? Where is the great mystery, the big adventure? What is there left to do? I think I might be drowning in boredom. Everyday its the same crap. Wake up, work, eat, sleep, repeat. God how pathetic. Is it a good thing I am so boring? Maybe its a good thing not to be constantly stuck in the quick sand of drama like so many people I know. Dont get me wrong I am happy. Its just hard to think of another thirty years. Anyways Id like some feedback.

Thanks,
Solar513

P.S Apathy blows.

Oh come on Solar- at least your not 36. Your young and perhaps you can still snow or water ski, play football, basketball, and still run 10 miles- forget about me ever trying that. HAHA

Or.. you can take off for a couple of weeks go to Egypt or somewhere or perhaps go deep sea fishing. I think you just need a vacation.

[edit on 2/4/2008 by Leyla]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
blah. 30 ain't old (at least not to me) and this is coming from a younghead.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ofcourse your looking forward to being thirty AshleyD your female, you hit your peek at that time. For men its all over but the crying.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

You know I think you may be on to something there I do need a vacation.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
it is wild how when you are younger like a kid all you want to do is grow up. you want to hit 16 so you can drive. you want to hit 18 so you are legally an adult and maybe buy smokes. you want to hit 21 so you can get into the bars.....

after that though, at least for me, a few years ago i was wishing i could roll the clock back....i don't want to be a kid but i wish i could go back a few years or freeze the clock...

when you are young it takes forever but when you get older the years just fly by.....i mean we are already into the first week of the second month in 08....before we know it, it is going to be new years again, another year gone and that much closer to death....

it blows....it's like this big friggin black cloud hanging there

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Actually, I look forward to getting old with lots of silver hair.

Just because we turned a certain age and went over the hill shouldn't mean our youth has been lost to time. In a few more years, you will start feeling the aches and pains of us old timers. Just you wait, you up starts! You will definitely start slowing down to the tedious routine of finding what else to do next and eventually forget what has been done the prior day.

But on the other hand, you will have a more mature perspective in life and start reflecting on how the younger generations will seem to know more and much faster than we are able to handle. Yup, getting old is like seeing through the eyes of our caretakers when we were growing up.

Oh yeah, expect to become more sensitive and easily frustrated. I have observed this behavior with lots of old timers.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhh to be 25 again and have the energy of an 18 year old. Thats my birthday wish. Im tired of feeling old. Thanks to boondocks I realized my demographic today which bummed me out even more. Im not a teenager anymore, My twentys are over, Im freaken middle aged. Sob Sob Sob. See, the thing is they say your only as young as you feel. I feel old. There I said it. I dont feel young any more I actually feel old. And all the crap Ive been through and having 5 kids hasnt helped that feeling one bit. Its that kind of stuff that will drive you to drink.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and dont get me started on stress. They say stress kills well Im dieing here. Stress the bills, stress the cops, stress the government, stress kids,etc...........Its the one thing thats constant. It never ends there is always some bull crap that kicks you when your down and reminds me just how old I really am.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
And all the crap Ive been through and having 5 kids hasnt helped that feeling one bit. Its that kind of stuff that will drive you to drink.

FIVE KIDS?!

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

But it's true. Nothing will make you feel old faster than having children. Comparing our energy levels to theirs can be depressing in itself. And God help you if you have a staircase in your home.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
No more staircases we learned that lesson. My kids are my world but I just cant keep up like I used to and that is depressing.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The Beatles were right: What a drag it is getting old.

Seriously, none of us are getting out of this life alive so enjoy what you've got while you've got it. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow of even the rest of today.

I'm 50, got 5 kids and the youngest is 9! I'd like to live to a ripe old age for his sake but I'm trying to teach him to be as independent as possible.

I take care of a guy that just turned 100 and he's one of the healthiest patients on the ward. He sang in front of a crowd of birthday well-wishers then went to bingo after his birthday party that included the governor. He still thinks life is worth living. Yes, he takes medication daily but it maintains him in a healthy condition.

Life is a gift; that's why they call it "the present". Open it up and enjoy all you can.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The average life span for males is 74. What if its shorter? We live in such a fast paced world constantly bombarded with the media, and their are so many people now cities are bigger so you dont have to travel as far so you can do more. And what about the increase in radio and cell towers throwing out all that radiation or all the chemicals in every drop of water and every breath of air and every morsel of food? It seems like were aging faster now giving us shorter life spans.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have noticed a lot of men stress about hitting their 30's more and more and not so much the women ... what's goin on ?

I have 2 years to go til I hit 30 and sure, I wonder the exact same things you mentioned there solar, but I haven't regretted a minute of any of it and feel I lived as I was supposed to, simply because I reckon I have a pretty good head on my shoulders and because I made every decision for myself.

I'm looking forward to my 30's, just as I looked forward to my 20's ... to see what kind of woman it will make me. So far, so good, can't complain

And I really am not as optimistic as I sound (my profile name sums me up pretty well lol), but when I look at the overall picture that is my life, I haven't done too bad and proud of who I am.

So yeah

.... and try have some fun along the way. Worrying and stressing just ages you quicker, remember that! Can't have you become a grumpy old(er) man now can we?

Enjoy being 30 and every year after that

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

There is hope for you. I too had my share of drugs and my drink of choice was Austin Nichols Wild Turkey 101 straight up with water on the side. I pushed my mind and body for too many years. I've had to have surgery on both knees due to the abuse of my body. Had several broken ribs, broken arm broken collar bone, and too many cuts and scrapes to count.

I have and still live to the max......on the edge. My only fears are for my children and grand children. Unfortunately they are daredevils also. Hopefully they won't be as reckless as I was.

I don't drink alcohol except for the one drink of wine the doctor prescribed nightly. Don't do drugs except for the sleeping pills and pain
meds the doctor prescribes. I do drive my son's drag racing truck in competition about once a month just to help my blood flow better lol.

I was just approved for disability and it was my first attempt so that should tell you about my health. I could lay down and wait for death but I choose to live and live well.

Your body will only do what your mind allows. The best in life is yet to come....go for it......grab life by the tail and don't give up. Hold on tight baby because you ain't seen nothing yet. You just think you've been there and done that....roflmao.....just wait it gets better and much more interesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Thanks. As I said its different for women. When they turn thirty they are hitting the prime of their life. Sadly for most men its over by 25. I think perhaps its a fear of the unkown that freaks me out. Not knowing if my stamina or charisma will hold out. See I have to compete with younger more virile men now. I used to be those men now I am afraid of not rising to the challenge.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

You said the best in life is yet to come, I hope your right I really really do.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Wise words right there

It's all about what YOU want hun, don't just give up and settle for life.
I won't allow it, how's that ? lol

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Ok your right, but getting older still sucks.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

I'm 30! *YAY*

No one takes me seriously, and I'll slap them if they start!

When I hit 60 I'm getting a stick, weather I need one or not.

My boy (see left) kicks the crap outta me every day, I love it!

So does the wife - I love that too, but in a different kinda way!

Chill out, get a new hobby, one that no one else likes and lets you have some peace and quiet. Like quilting, or knitting...

YEAH THAT"LL WORK!!

All the best

MonKey

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Thanks for the advice. I dont know about quilting but I do have a personal project Im going to start throwing myself into and im really looking forward to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join