It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops Asked If They Would Shoot American Citizens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In times of unrest, the army or national guard will be called in to restore order.

Do some research on the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. If you were caught looting you got shot.

In the present day, I can't imaging an emergency that would force such actions. However, you need to remember that the US army is composed of people just like us. I don't think that most members of the armed services would take up arms against the citizens of the US.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

If you are replying to me, my answer would be. If you want to take part in this conversation please read my post thoroughly. I have already stated that it is perfectly legal for the "National Guard" not REGULAR US MILITARY to police areas duringa national crisis. And if there are looters by all means I say cut them down in the middle of the street. Unless the Gov. has yet to provide relief. I don't think that anyone should be shot for trying to eat. Now, if they are trying to "rescue" a plasma screen TV fire away.

However don't let that cloud your reason. It in no way shape or form gives power to "ANYONE" to confiscate firearms!

[edit on 02/13/2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

It's true that some standards have been waived to help with recruiting goals, but they do not let people with felony convictions enlist. For those of us that have been in for a while, some of these folks are "leadership challenges", but what ends up happening if someone shows they are incapable of self discipline, or have mental issues, they usually get chaptered out of the military. They don't go looking for folks that are mental or show a willingness to behave criminally, and then recruit them for special assignments. I can personally assure you that when these folks are discovered, they are rooted out, as no commander(or squad/platoon/company) wants these folks in their midst. If you can't trust someone, they aren't in high demand to serve with. If your life or property are on the line, you want to know that your buddies are reliable, have integrity, and won't let you down under pressure.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

No, I didn't mean it in that way. What I was trying to say is that if there where a rogue element in the military looking for troops that would be willing to do these things, that would be the pool of degenerates that they would most likely canvass. Not that they enlist them with that in mind. They are only being let in due to the standards being lowered.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I guess whoever called you a tool couldn't be more right in his judgement. All you need to do is open the forums under military matters on ATS and you will find Americans boasting on how powerful their Marines,Navy etc are. Some even went as far as to predict how long a war with Britain would take. So now I say let them get a first hand experience of their army's might

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by INdigo Child
I guess whoever called you a tool couldn't be more right in his judgement. All you need to do is open the forums under military matters on ATS and you will find Americans boasting on how powerful their Marines,Navy etc are. Some even went as far as to predict how long a war with Britain would take. So now I say let them get a first hand experience of their army's might

How has anything I've said in any way been comparable to asinine remarks of others? I'll take my 15yrs of first hand experience over some internet expert thank you very much. How does your comment have anything to do with this topic?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join