It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops Asked If They Would Shoot American Citizens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks this is B.S. needs look no further than what went on after Hurricane Katrina. It took a GENERAL on the ground to tell the soldiers to shoulder their weapons. He said something like "Put your weapons away, these are American Citizens, not the enemy!"

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here's a question for you guys. Why did the National Guard fired on the protesters? Because they got orders from the governor? Or they were pissed off about the protesters?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
...The Kent State incident was a horse of a different color imo. It was abetted by a pervasive, harsh, anti-activist mindset that emanated from the Nixon Whitehouse. It involved a mob of [threatening] civilians, and poorly trained national guardsmen. Fear, inexperience, bad command, and political intolerance played a significant role in a tragic situation. ...

Good thing we don't have anything like that in the Whitehouse now. Wait a minute.....

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
I guarantee you, that the military would not be shooting anybody without question, under the first scenario.

Ask the 4 people dead in Ohio what they think about your garantee. I'd bet it's meaningless to them.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

My remarks have nothing to do with undenying affection of anybody. They do have to do with first hand experience in the military, and umbrage at slander, by folks talking out of their hindquarters. All the alarmists here have yet to provide any context for circumstances where the military would engage US citizens. I freely admit, I'm not a glass half empty, sky is falling, blame America first kind of guy, but I think for myself. I don't chant self loathing, defeatist mantras, based upon hearsay, that's been swallowed wholesale from questionable sources. I deal with reality, first hand knowledge, concrete evidence only. Speculation is a waste of time, as there's never any way to have closure, and it's entirely subjective. You have nothing to fear about the military imposing martial law. Short of a nuclear attack, or something of that scope, it simply isn't gonna happen.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by BlueRaja]

[edit on 5-2-2008 by BlueRaja]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I guarantee you, that the military would not be shooting anybody without question, under the first scenario.

Ask the 4 people dead in Ohio what they think about your garantee. I'd bet it's meaningless to them.

So your evidence that the military wants to engage US citizens, is a one time FUBAR event 40 yrs ago? To establish a pattern of behavior, wouldn't logic dictate that multiple occurances of said behavior be observable?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

In any event, you're not gonna have a statistically significant amount of troops and leaders agreeing to kill on command without any sort of justification other than "we did as we were told."

Really? That was the main excuse heard at the Nuremberg trials.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Young minded old soul

Are you saying that you're homeless, jobless, and on foot because of the commander in chief? Do you see how folks on the other side hearing rhetoric like- so and so needs to die, could perceive that as constituting a threat?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Even after 9/11, which I think can be agreed on as being a significant event, you didn't see the Army rolling through and rounding up folks/shooting people.

Here in DC there was a humvee with a soldier with an automatic on nearly every corner for awhile. It was very intimidating.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In any event, you're not gonna have a statistically significant amount of troops and leaders agreeing to kill on command without any sort of justification other than "we did as we were told."

Really? That was the main excuse heard at the Nuremberg trials.

So you're saying the US troops have an ideology akin to Nazis? You have established no precedence to make such a spurious remark.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

And what exactly happened to all those soldiers and Humvees in D.C.?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Even after 9/11, which I think can be agreed on as being a significant event, you didn't see the Army rolling through and rounding up folks/shooting people.

Here in DC there was a humvee with a soldier with an automatic on nearly every corner for awhile. It was very intimidating.

What do you think their security posture should have been after a terror attack? Business as usual? If you felt intimidated, that sounds more like a personal problem, than being in imminent danger.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So you're saying the US troops have an ideology akin to Nazis? You have established no precedence to make such a spurious remark.

No. I'm saying that if the order comes down, there are those that will follow it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
And what exactly happened to all those soldiers and Humvees in D.C.?

They're probably in Iraq now. One would think. Or are you calling me a liar and saying I didn't see this?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

What do you think their security posture should have been after a terror attack? Business as usual? If you felt intimidated, that sounds more like a personal problem, than being in imminent danger.

I felt intimidated because I knew that if some trigger happy millitary man wanted to, they could come up with an excuse to shoot someone. No questions asked especially right after 9/11.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

No I didn't accuse you of lying, I never even remotely said that. I ask what happened afterwards with all those soldiers and military vehicles in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. Was there any martial law? No its back to "normal".

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

You are correct. I never said that we were in martial law then.

As far as what happened to them. I don't know. Went back to their posts I would assume.

My point was that they were there. I would wager that they had the order to shoot also. But, that is total speculation.

Has anyone had this happen in their city before? Where you NOT intimidated by it? Even when you know that you've done nothing wrong?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No its back to "normal".

Actually, there is nothing "normal" about post-9/11.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No I didn't accuse you of lying, I never even remotely said that. I ask what happened afterwards with all those soldiers and military vehicles in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. Was there any martial law? No its back to "normal".

deltaboy, you seem to be such a tough talking guy behind your computer aways cheerleader for the Government and military. Yet I don't see anywhere that you have stated you are military or have served.

If you are such a lover of bootlickers why are you not in Iraq?

You seem so casual in most of your posts about killing for the greater good yet are not putting your own butt on the line. Frankly I am sick of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ralph nader
reply to post by BlueRaja

man your a tool ,you need to wake up and open your eyes...i hope they shoot you first.....

What a rude statement. This discussion has simply made me more proud and honored that I can call myself a member of the United States Military. I don't know how much more of these unfounded conspiracy's I can read. What a wakeup call for me on how truly ignorant the mass public is.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by SolPower]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join