It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops Asked If They Would Shoot American Citizens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is a follow up to my previous post;
It isn't my intention to be doom and gloomer. But, facts about the world around us, do not give rise to any rosy future soon.
I fully support any and all efforts to find alternate reliable renewable resources to fuel our homes and vehicles. I support all technology that can help advance the betterment of everyday life, as long as the foot print left behind us, does not mean our furture generations will have to pay dearly for our folly today.
The world is groaning under the stress of mankinds pressure upon it too support the nearly 7 Billion living here now. The depletion of finite resources, cannot be put back. Once oil is gone, it is gone for good.
Once you have fished the seas dry, and the oceans are dead, the remain dead. Once Rain Forrest are gone, that's it, the lungs of the would collapse.
Mankind needs a rewakening to what it is doing to our home. Everyone everywhere needs to be enlightened that the way we go about business now is not working to our mutual benefit later.
Thus, at some point in the near future, there will have to be massive changes made, and sacrifices made by all. The long running Culture of Greed is not good, for it is killing us.
Every government and political system invented by man, has collapsed on itself. The USA is no different. We cannot continue on the paths we have been on for nearly 300 years. The world is changing, and we are a global community whether you like it or not. The United States is not KING of the World, as some would like to believe.
The American Military Industrial Complex is the THUG of the world. It is an out of control monster that should be reigned in. But how? America has many enemies, and the number will only grow as we continue the life of excess and greed we enjoy. ARE SUV's REALLY NECESSARY? ARE McMANSION's NECESSARY? DOES ANYONE REALLY NEED A HOME OF 5,000 sq. feet OR MORE? Let alone two homes in two parts of the country?
The opinion of American's isn't good in the world's collective vision. We are war monger's and we are greedy. Yes, we can be generous too...
When push comes to shove down the road, the Military Machine will fight for it's survival. If it's survival means cuts in our lifestyle and entitlements, such as Social Security, Medicare, Medicade etc. and rolling back our personal freedoms to prevent revolts against the Raging War Machine, it will do it.
Nobody wants to see American military forces given an order to wage war against it's own citizens. To do so, would be the end of everything that this nation was created for. But, the world is getting meaner and nastier for all kinds of stupid ass reasons. If protecting us ment disarming us, that would indicate it is over. The NEW WORLD ORDER will have kicked in, and it will be more of a dictatorship, than a democracy. I really believe, that at the end of the game, it will be the Military Menace we created that will rule the roost. We cannot have a world of peace until all forms of terrorism, radicalism, fundamentalism, racist egoism are irradicated. Reforms do not come easy. Wars cause deaths. Societies of the world need to change. The only way to make some unwilling morons understand is a bullet in the brain. Or the total destruction of their cities. Brutal massive force and power will end idiotic suicidal terrorism, and those who support it. If peace for us all, requires the complete annihilation of another culture, then that is what it will take. Pretty talk and hand shakes while smiling, never defeats a zealot on a mission. Only cannon fire, 2000 lb. bombs, and perhaps, a 500 kilo-ton atomic explosion will make a lasting impression.
I say, unleash the monster, and let it devour our enemies. Both domestic and foreign.
Once we have cleansed the world of the malcontents, let us then put down our personal weapons. The world right now isn't for sissies. If your are one, grow up, get a back bone. I am sick of the whinning from the milquetoasts and fops.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok fine....lol.....Jeesh....WHERE ARE THEY TRAINING, WHO IS BEING TRAINED.......I have friends in 3 branches of service. We all know what color panties our wives wear, no secret type friends. One a Sgt. in the Army, another a XO on a sub. Last is a Col in the USAF. Plus several more that range from dog sniffers, too knuckle draggers. Deployed in Jordan, Germany, USA, and Iraq. Nobody has ever heard of this except in civi email. NEVER not ONCE. so tell me where are they training, and what secret Army is being trained. In todays military there is no such thing as a real secret. Everybody blabs. $$$ will make anybody break, I dont care what the secret is.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
More like a case of Americans being given a taste of their own medicine to me. They like boasting about how their Army is the best in the world and what savage killing machines they are, now they will know how it feels to be an Iraqi citizen. Though not all Americans are like that I think most deserve it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Aren't there rules about submitting heresay articles around here? If not, there should be.

I am not sure I see a problem here, anyone who joins the military takes an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foregin AND domestic.

Why is this suddenly a shock to people around here?

Absolutely correct. So why did no one take action when the commander and chief basically abolished OUR Constituition? Oh terrorists... how about the terror of people lossing their homes, jobs, and transportaion. That sorry a22 Comander and Chief needs to be hung for treason.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well if the average american soldier don't do the job, it will be foreigners. Just hire mexicans to trade military service for an american citizenship and you'll have an army of over 1 million in less than 6 months.

And if the US is in war with itself, you can expect NATO troops and UN troops on US soil... which will lead to further war.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

We are Americans I was born here, in the Live Free or Die State, and plan to live up to my father's, grandfather's, Great Uncle's and Great Grandfather's blood spilt for this Country and OUR Constitution. Not one of those men in my family going all the way back to my 1/2 brother's great grand father Capt William Lewis Parker, would stand or tolerate the actions of these"distinquished" gentlemen. From the American revolution @ lexington green, to the Spanish American War in Cuba, WWI & WWII, and Korea. No man in my family would shoot a family member for the government. These people go fight and sometimes die so we back home have FREEDOM, not to come home and kill us.

back to the GW thing.. Why have we let him get away with this? I was wrong to say hang him, but the man should stand international trial and be found of war crimes and treason here!

One nation of the people by the people for the people. It's all backwards now and why is no one doing anything about it?

What you said freaked me out about the Mexicans. I live in Fla. now and have said b4 imagine if the Mexican landscapers showed uo with machine guns instead of weed wackers. We'd be screwed!!!!!!!! That's what!

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Young minded old soul]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
reply to post by BlueRaja

Fascinating post raj, but if I may ask, what does this have to do with the price of oysters in China? Your "commenteries" all consist of denials, attacks, obfuscation , and mis-direction, this last item being a good description of your last post.
If you want to discuss how great BLACKWATER employees are fine, go start a thread on it, it has NOTHING to do with whether American troops would fire on American Citizens.

You got that right and I am starting to doubt everything that poster says anymore. From his undying affection for the maniac in office to his opinonated disbelief of the facts. As one of the above posts already mentions and a day I will never forget was that day at Kent State.

I remember the day it was aired and was shocked.

I would never be so quick to say it won't happen.

It HAS happened and it CAN and MAY again.

He is either very naive or very??

- Con

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The oath you are forced to swear to states in part..."to protect against all enemies, foreign and domestic" We Americans are the domestic. That might be a hold over from the Civil War but it still gives the military the "right" to order it's soldiers to shoot american civilians (or any other for that matter) or be shot themselves. I served in Viet-Nam 1968-70 and I found out real quick the value of human life. The Military has increased its power a thousandfold since then, an Citizens Rights have been virtually removed and the Executive branch of our Government has overwhelmed the authority of the other two branches.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
The next false flag operation will kick off the uprising of the citizens and the law and military who have been brainwashed will believe these people are terrorists and will kill them.

This is all being very carefully planed out to bury any desent once and for all.

If you are right,

Then I must say, if the gathering of the masses becomes so large that the movement is seen as possibly achievable from my point of view, even if it began with ill intent and a false flag operation, I think the chances of joining up at some level for most people would be pretty high.

If I said I'd like to "get a shot" at that cop who got me stuck with reckless driving I'd get so much bad criticism lol. He saw the damage to the rear of my vehicle and heard one other driver besides me say that I had been hit by a white truck, which caused me to hit person in front of me, who hit person in front of them. But white truck drove off, he only bumped me and hit the brake, leaving my rear bumper hanging on the side. But no, he didn't like me, I could just tell. But to be honest, even still he'd have to be firing on me or aiming in my general direction in order for me to shoot at him, hypothetically.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Sorry, but they do have the choice. No soldier, sailor, airman, or marine are required to follow an order they deem to be unlawful. They may have to pay a price at a later date if the order is infact lawful. But if at that moment they feel it's unlawful they don't have to follow...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
"The truth of the matter is that you do have those standby provisions, and the statutory emergency plans are there whereby you could, in the name of stopping terrorism, apprehend, invoke the military, and arrest Americans and hold them in detention camps." - U.S. Representative Henry Gonzalez, Aug 29th, 1994

“Today, the New World Order has brought in hundreds of thousands of foreign troops into the United States, they have brought in thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of guillotines for executions, they have built a network of unused concentration camps across the U.S., they have built crematoriums next to these concentration camps, and yet most Americans appear to believe the lies of President Clinton and others.” -Fritz Springmeier, “Bloodlines of the Illuminati” (note: Fritz Springmeier has been in prison since 11/13/03 after being framed)

Since Reagan’s administration, the REX-84 U.S. Civilian Inmate Labor program has been drawn up and implemented in many ways. The military and police have been increasingly training together. The military has been running operations like “Urban Warrior” fully-armed in suburbia. 800+ FEMA detention centers (concentration camps) have been built all over the United States and Halliburton’s engineering subsidiary is busy building more. These camps are complete with biometric scanners, barbed wire facing inwards, gas lines and furnaces, heli-pads, watchtowers, and security cameras. The few journalists who have filmed and reported on these have been observed by black helicopters and even approached and questioned by secret servicemen (see google or youtube videos of “FEMA camps”).

FEMA is the same organization that ‘helped’ us after hurricane Katrina and was mysteriously deployed and prepared in New York the night before the 9/11/01 attacks.

The militarization of American police continues as army and police cadets increasingly train together. Paramilitary units, unheard of 40 years ago, are now the norm in over 90% of all police forces and their frequency of use has skyrocketed 2,000% in the past decade.

“I’m in northern California, in Oakland, where Marines have come in for Operation Urban Warrior, which should be deemed Operation Desensitization of the Population. They hire hundreds of role players to beg and scream, ‘We’re Americans. Please don’t put us in camps. Don’t take our guns.’ The loudspeakers blare as women and children are led handcuffed to the interrogation center of the camp: ‘Attention. Attention. Attention. Due to the large number of people arriving, you will experience a short delay. Please remain calm and cooperate so that we can process you into the camp faster.’ … In my film, Police State 2000, we have footage of Marines backed up by local police ordering a man with a camera to stop filming and to turn his camera off. There are two questions here: 1. What is it that they have to hide? 2. Why are Marines engaging in law enforcement activities that violate the First Amendment?” -Alex Jones, “911 Descent into Tyranny”

“For years, we warned people about FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). The federal documents have been around for decades and include round-up plans and concentration camps. People used to laugh at us when we said this in December of 1999. Then came Seattle. FEMA housed and protected government-placed ‘anarchist’ provocateurs, but put five hundred peaceful demonstrators in a FEMA camp on the outskirts of town. FEMA used the old Sand Point naval brig to detain hundreds of American citizens.” -Alex Jones, 911 Descent into Tyranny

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
“The Civilian Inmate Labor Program was conducted in secret at US military bases from 1989 to 1996. This nightmare program was recently declassified. If Civilian Inmate Labor Programs are so wonderful, why did the Army keep them secret for over seven years? There are thousands of pages of documents on the Army’s website detailing the massive scope of this program, much of which is still secret. Many of the documents are contradictory. For example, on the same page it will say that the Army is not allowed to house and use State inmate labor, and, in the next paragraph will say that they have been housing and using State inmate labor.” -Alex Jones, 911 Descent into Tyranny

“FEMA can force the population to live and work wherever they are told. People can be moved from their homes and have their property seized, including farms and businesses. Their children can be taken away from them and FEMA has the power to take over all communications, food and energy sources, health care, finance, education, welfare and transportation including your personal vehicles. The Postmaster General can order that all men, women and children are registered. It is also FEMA that controls the network of concentration camps, or ‘detention centers,’ in the United States that are in place and waiting for the dissidents and ‘troublemakers’ when the Illuminati fascist takeover is complete. Yes, concentration camps in America.” -David Icke, “Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center” (199)

“Across the country, SWAT teams are putting the finishing touches on our new prison style schools, by conditioning our kids with “mock-terrorist/school shooting attacks.” SWAT teams’ so-called anti-terror drills at schools are really just conditioning exercises that are part of Federally-funded FEMA programs to condition the children that it’s completely normal to have men dressed up like executioners screaming at them, taking over their schools without warrants, and ordering them, with their hands behind their heads, onto busses where they are taken to undisclosed locations.” -Alex Jones, 911 Descent into Tyranny

“In terrorist drills, sadistic predators across the nation get to enjoy abusing and traumatizing children as young as six years of age. Men in black uniforms yell and scream and throw profanities at them (that we won’t print here) as they beg and cry and plead. They are then loaded on buses and taken to a local jail where they are dragged around like filth and treated like criminals. A whole generation is learning how to be slaves, learning how to bow down and beg and to put their hands behind their heads when the “ring wraiths,” the “dark lords” appear. And many of these children died at the hands of SWAT teams. SWAT teams are notoriously trigger-happy and frequently shoot their own officers. Take Fort Worth, Texas, where the ‘Cop of the Year’ was shot in the head by one of his comrades at a SWAT team drill at a school. In Detroit, they shot a kid in the face in one of these so-called drills.” -Alex Jones, 911 Descent into Tyranny

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Guys...I just wanted to pipe-up & co-sign spyder207's comment. As a Marine, I was never taught, instructed, or indoctrinated to consider US civilians a lower life form....only Navy
Our focus was on our jobs, our mission...you know, defending the free world & keeping our #hit together. On the other hand, we were definitely encouraged that we were the baddest damn fighting machine on the planet....a little tricky if a division of ROK happened to be in the area.

The Kent State incident was a horse of a different color imo. It was abetted by a pervasive, harsh, anti-activist mindset that emanated from the Nixon Whitehouse. It involved a mob of [threatening] civilians, and poorly trained national guardsmen. Fear, inexperience, bad command, and political intolerance played a significant role in a tragic situation.

The PP piece may be a bit over-baked, but under the wrong circumstances, a declaration of martial law is always a possibility...there are always some who will engage. I sincerely hope it never comes to that.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't think you guys should worry to much, aren't soldiers citizens too but they have chosen a role in serving and fighting for and not against its own people. There is always this, unlike my country, you guys can arm yourself fairly well. If anything positive has come out of Iraq it is that it is very hard to fight a war in urban settings with no clearly defined enemy that uses unconventional tactics, stuff many militias have noted i am sure. What is worrying is that your national guard has been deployed O.S.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This whole thread is stupid. The answer is displayed before you. KENT STATE!!!
Damn end of thread.

DCP

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Why wouldn't the army fire on it's own citizens. Police have to do it. We are not talking about the army hanging out in a building saying i am going to shoot the next person that has blue on. We are talking about something so serous and extreme that the army has to be there. Then it goes without reason that they might and would have to shoot their own citizens. Prior post talked about history...John Brown and Harper's Ferry, the military had to shoot Americans. Any authoritative/protective figures might have to use deadly force, that's a reality of life.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I had a friend who was in the Army and stationed at Ft. Lewis just outside of Tacoma, Washington who told me that during an interview for promotion of rank, he was asked similar questions. He thought the questions had more do with psychology than his being prepared to fire on friends and family.

Often Jim and I would meet at a pub on Saturday afternoons and he would regale me with stories on the base. He mentioned an exercise in which he and his men would disarm and arrest citizens, friends and family. How to talk to them, how to lead them into detention areas and such. He was surprised there was a procedure. Still he did not feel suspicious and he made funny jokes about it as did all the men in his unit- you know, mother jokes and grand mother jokes (which were funny when he told them).

A few weeks later he was very depressed because he had been demoted and given a bullschit desk job. He was told he lacked leadership skills and he thinks now it had to with his tongue-in-cheek humor during those drills.

Being that Martial law is always possible, and the military would be part of it- its not unthinkable the armed forces would conduct scenario drills for preparedness. This is not something of significant concern. And prison planet is making a fortune off the fears of American citizens by blowing a situation like this way out of proportion. If this were a very real scenario we all would have heard something about it by now from a more reliable news source.

Alex Jones is a con man with a conspiracy freak show. Sadly, there is much credible and factual information on his website, just enough for him to be taken seriously. The truth is Alex Jones is an honorary catholic Jesuit, and a hired propogandist.

People should do some serious research about him, David Icke, and Jeff Rense. You'd be surprised at what you'll find. Jeff Rense is the worst of the bunch. All Jeff's blathering about the Illuminati and his pop-up banner ads promoting companies with Iluminati logos and two of the health food ads which the owners of the companies are in jail for child molestation and worse. These a$$holes prey on the fears of people and use facts to hook you into believing their rhetoric and ridiculous theories which much of the information can be verified then they become the go to guys for news you won't find on the net.

Once you trust their information- then they hard sell all their materials. These bums who could not hack it in the real world so they make millions bilking the public by preying on our worst nightmares.

I spoke to Jeff Rense for about a half an hour when I was first fascinated by conspiracy theories and I tell you, I have never been sold so hard in my life. He was relentless and almost every answer to my questions was met with, "its all in my book- or, "you should order the stress vitamins, or you really should buy my DVD". He also discussed David Icke at great length as well as Alex Jones (this unholy trinity are very good friends).

Birds of a feather!

In all seriousness- these jerks should all work for FOX news!

Anything they report should be taken with an enormous grain of salt. At the very least, you owe it yourselves to verify any information you glean from their website.

And remember, trust no one- not even me!

[edit on 5-2-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolPower
I never saw anything about "shoot American citizens, including their own friends and family members" in that video or story. However, I suppose if they had weapons of their own and were attempting to use them that there is no doubt in my mind the military would intervene.

I see nothing wrong with this. The possibility of a country-wide panic is very likely during a time of crisis. The military is here for stability and protection, not to kill its own citizens... they ARE citizens. People forget that. Military people have families, friends, and PAY TAXES just like you and I. This is the dumbest news story I've read in a while. Of COURSE they're going to prepare for civil unrest in a world that is becoming more globally unstable by the minute.

If you take the military out of the picture, then what? It's almost like the people who hate police, yet when they're in trouble, who do they call?

This is just breeding more conspiracy, distrust, and hatred against the countries most trustworthy and loyal group of people, the MILITARY.... not the government. It offends me really. While we're sitting on our asses in front of our computers, these people are spread out all over the world obeying orders that they might not agree with in the hopes that their children have a world to grow up in.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by SolPower]

Try reading this article , it gives testimony from soldiers.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by INdigo Child
More like a case of Americans being given a taste of their own medicine to me. They like boasting about how their Army is the best in the world and what savage killing machines they are, now they will know how it feels to be an Iraqi citizen. Though not all Americans are like that I think most deserve it.

Could you tell me who boasts about what savage killing machines that the US Army is? I have yet to hear that one. Most Americans deserve what?
Are you suggesting that because you have a difference of opinion with the US Government, that American citizens are responsible for that?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

Can you provide a non-Alex Jones source for these quotes from Soldiers?
I don't really think you can say that his site which panders to alarmism and paranoia, is particularly objective(or able to be corroborated from multiple sources).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join