It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops Asked If They Would Shoot American Citizens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
U.S. troops are being trained to conduct round-ups, confiscate guns and shoot American citizens, including their own friends and family members, as part of a long-standing program to prepare for the declaration of martial law, according to a soldier who recently returned from Iraq.

heres full story: www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
this is pretty crazy, i could only imagine whats going through our troops heads!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I never saw anything about "shoot American citizens, including their own friends and family members" in that video or story. However, I suppose if they had weapons of their own and were attempting to use them that there is no doubt in my mind the military would intervene.

I see nothing wrong with this. The possibility of a country-wide panic is very likely during a time of crisis. The military is here for stability and protection, not to kill its own citizens... they ARE citizens. People forget that. Military people have families, friends, and PAY TAXES just like you and I. This is the dumbest news story I've read in a while. Of COURSE they're going to prepare for civil unrest in a world that is becoming more globally unstable by the minute.

If you take the military out of the picture, then what? It's almost like the people who hate police, yet when they're in trouble, who do they call?

This is just breeding more conspiracy, distrust, and hatred against the countries most trustworthy and loyal group of people, the MILITARY.... not the government. It offends me really. While we're sitting on our asses in front of our computers, these people are spread out all over the world obeying orders that they might not agree with in the hopes that their children have a world to grow up in.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by SolPower]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by manbearpig

That story is BS. There is no training going on to shoot Americans, family members and friends, etc.. getting ready for martial law. Far too many here take prison planet as gospel truth, without doing any research, or independant thinking.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The question about whether American troops would shoot Americans was answered a long time ago at Kent State University. And as for the "of course troops would react when faced by armed citizens" argument , it is absurd. Those students were not armed and many were shot in the back.

The other obvious ommission here is BLACKWATER. This is a mercenary army, not citizen soldiers, they kill for money.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Actually I was talking about this subject with a friend who returned from Iraq two years ago. He mentioned before that he has seen the survey asking troops if they would fire upon citizens. He said he could not believe they were asking such questions. His response gives me hope that there are those in the military and law enforcement that will drop the group and fight with the citizens. I have met others who fall into the same category as the friend I work with so I know there are still good people with soon (how soon is to be debated) to be bad jobs.

I am sure though there are also the gung-ho bravado types who will answer yes just so they can go out and blast someone “legally”. Luckily it is this type that I believe to be truly rare so that there are fewer of these out there to deal with or worry about. These are the ones happy to torture and cause grief or pain to anyone who breaths and are barely though not always controlled.

Then I know of another who I used to work with and his type also has me worried. These are those who are now mentally warped and believe that there is nothing better than what the government says. These are the ones who will not ask questions because their government would not lie to them. These are the type the government feed off of the most as they are very easy to control and capable of feeling no empathy for whom ever is deemed the enemy. These are the types that worry me the most.

Of the current military and law enforcement in the U.S. today I would rank the numbers as follows.

49% overall good guys who will join the forces with the citizens.

33% controlled robots who believe every word that spills from the lips of government and under easy control.

14% nut cases out to cause pain for all that they can and only partially controlled.

4% unsure of their standing at this moment.

These numbers might be off slightly that is where the 4% comes in at. While many would like to believe the numbers to be lower for the “over all good guy” because of all the reports and videos released about abuse. But one needs to remember that if this were more prevalent there would be far more reports than there are. That and these reports are often rehashed for days at a time in order to make it be seen more.

Raist

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

Blackwater employees are citizens too, and no- they don't kill for money. Most Blackwater employees have never had to shoot or kill anybody, and they certainly aren't out doing contract kills as your assertion would imply.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Again: BLACKWATER is a private army. They contract out their services. This is the definition of mercenary. All the shouting and stamping of feet you want to do will not change this fact.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
National Guard has fired on and killed American citizens.

If you can't remember this, Google it. Kent State

Whether or not the story is "accurate", the conversation is valid.

[edit on 2/4/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I think your numbers are a bit off. 90+ percent are good guys, and the rest suffer from lack of discipline/indiscipline, or had screwed up pasts prior to serving. I have yet to see in my 15yrs of service, any mindless robots. I also have yet to see any gung ho bravado types that want to shoot Americans, so they can kill someone legally.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Also here is another fact for those of you that think we are safe from our own army: It is not now nor has it ever been a requirement that somebody be a U.S. citizen to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces .Our forces have many non citzens in their ranks right now, so the would citizens shoot their own countrymen point is moot.
Ditto for BLACKWATER.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yes- Blackwater employees receive a salary, and yes they are hired. Last time I checked, anyone who is employeed has met this criteria. In some jobs that Blackwater employees do(i.e. the facility/VIP security), they carry firearms as well. Some Blackwater employees help train law enforcement and military personnel in specialized skills(many Blackwater employees are former law enforcement/military with specialized training). Some do consulting work. Some push pencils behind a desk. What they are not is some psychopath/sociopath, looking to get thrills killing people, or conducting contract hits. Words mean things, and contract killer has a pretty specific meaning too.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by BlueRaja]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I was not speaking only of shooting Americans, but simply speaking in general terms worldwide.

You can say what you want I know what I have personally heard from my friend who is trust worthy. I have also heard the words of the mindless robot guy I used to work with when I ask him about this last year, his response was yes he would fire upon U.S. citizens if ask to. He made no mention of asking why they should be shot nor did he seem to care because he was simply told to do so he would.

The friend who I was speaking with this about again the other day is still in the National Guard and has met others who would shoot citizens if ask to do so.

The question could be seen as generic though so not all numbers are correct in the survey. Some who said yes might turn out to be the “overall good guy” who did not bother to ask what the situation was for the question to be answered.

I doubt though that the numbers are as high as you say for the “overall good guy type”. Though I would not say my number are higher for the “nut job and robots” either they may in fact be less.

Raist

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Aren't there rules about submitting heresay articles around here? If not, there should be.

I am not sure I see a problem here, anyone who joins the military takes an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foregin AND domestic.

Why is this suddenly a shock to people around here?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There are non-citizens in the military, but not a statistically significant number, and they aren't serving in any critical leadership positions, or have access to sensitive info.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Fascinating post raj, but if I may ask, what does this have to do with the price of oysters in China? Your "commenteries" all consist of denials, attacks, obfuscation , and mis-direction, this last item being a good description of your last post.
If you want to discuss how great BLACKWATER employees are fine, go start a thread on it, it has NOTHING to do with whether American troops would fire on American Citizens.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

So these folks who would fire on US citizens had no context for what situation that such an eventuality might require that? Are you trying to imply that they would be conducting offensive actions against US citizens, or would these shootings be in a self defense nature? I guarantee you, that the military would not be shooting anybody without question, under the first scenario.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

My comments on Blackwater were in response to another poster. My other comments are based upon real world experience as to what sort of things the military trains to do. Sorry if you don't like the perspective of someone more likely to know what they're talking about, than someone repeating something that they heard.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I already stated a concrete undeniable answer to the OP: Would American troops fire on American Citizens. The answer is YES, because they already have done so. I could stay here all day and hit the "softballs" you are tossing, but I won't, because I am certain that your intention is to make me do exactly that. Good Day sir.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sounds very much as if someone's working hard at damage control !

For those of you who remain unaware of the online forces paid to dumb down the people and to divert, derail and otherwise misinform and dismiss ... why not research Editorial Intelligence and Media Monitoring. These organisations employ people to write phoney 'letters to the editor' and to post in forums as a full-time occupation with the intention of 'forming', 'influencing' and 'steering' opinion.

Determined 'damage control' is what they're trained in, amongst other tactics.

So gee, yes, Blackwater is just a bunch of really terrific guys who just carry massive weaponry and sell their services to Satan himself if the price is right. Thanks. I feel so reassured now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join