It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush sends Congress $3.1 trillion budget. Principles, "Safe... prosperity... security."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Bush sends Congress $3.1 trillion budget

www.cnn.com

President Bush introduced a $3.1 trillion budget on Monday that supports sizable increases in military spending to fight the war on terrorism and protects his signature tax cuts.

The spending proposal, which shows the government spending $3 trillion in a 12-month period for the first time in history, squeezes most of government outside of national security, and also seeks $196 billion in savings over the next five years in the government's giant health care programs...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's no wonder the deficits are predicted to soar!

So how much total has he and his administration run not only the United States but also the world into debt?

Bush however claims that if his policies are followed it will equal a balanced budget by 2012. Yet Democrats say this math is flawed and is only half correct.

In his own words, "Two key principles guided the development of my budget -- keeping America safe and ensuring our continued prosperity... As commander in chief, my highest priority is the security of the American people."

He urges Congress to immediately pass a 145 billion stimulus package which is supposed to "combat a threatened recession".

www.cnn.com

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai

It's no wonder the deficits are predicted to soar!

So how much total has he and his administration run not only the United States but also the world into debt?

Bush however claims that if his policies are followed it will equal a balanced budget by 2012. Yet Democrats say this math is flawed and is only half correct.

In his own words, "Two key principles guided the development of my budget -- keeping America safe and ensuring our continued prosperity... As commander in chief, my highest priority is the security of the American people."

He urges Congress to immediately pass a 145 billion stimulus package which is supposed to "combat a threatened recession".

www.cnn.com

The main point is pretty clear to me; Bush and his handlers care only about war and the supremacy of American corporations and the super rich. To hell with the poor and middle class. These guys are evil, truly.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What really gets me though is that he said:

"Two key principles guided the development of my budget -- keeping America safe and ensuring our continued prosperity... As commander in chief, my highest priority is the security of the American people."

He must enjoy this game.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
3.1 Trillion seems like a lot of money, but from what I have read to get it DOWN to that number a lot of things needed to be cut or reduced. I see congress actually try and raise it, so in this case I wouldn't yell Bush is spending too much.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Apparently Bush plans on cutting about 130 "unnecessary" programs, which should save some money.

Yet the addition is completely unofficial, as congress and many Democrats are shouting out. They say the actual deficit in 2012 will be twice that of Bush's prediction.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The key here is from where the money is coming from as many knows this money is financed by countries that the US is betting to take more of our falling dollar in the way of debt.

No US do not have this money, but America's so call friendly allies does

Our nation has been working on a deficit for a long time, the United States does not earn enough to pay its import bill, and it doesn't save enough to finance the government's budget deficit

If the world is unwilling to continue to accumulate dollars, the United States will not be able to finance its trade deficit or its budget deficit. As both are seriously out of balance, the implication is for yet more decline in the dollar's exchange value and a sharp rise in prices

www.economyincrisis.org...

This president damage to the American economy and the value of our dollar is unprecedented and his legacy will bring the mighty American to its knees, the death of our nation as a world economy supremacy is near.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Right! Good one.

We depend so much on other countries. But couldn't they drop the dollar or stop backing us? We are so vulnerable this way, and we are already at odds with China.

I think that when we run something like 10 trillion dollars into debt, we can't be lent anymore. And we are close!

Here is the U.S. National Debt Clock coming in at about 9.2 trillion.

And my share is... $30,000.

I need to move. lol

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

The thing is that already your children's children own that money also even the unborn ones.

What a legacy for them, a falling dollar, a trouble economy and an outrageous deficit.

But, is all for our good, security, prosperity and safety.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It takes some sifting, but how much has Bush devoted to the war/'security"?

The article says that about 11% of the total budget will go to Homeland Security. So that is about 3.1 Billion Dollars.

Bush doesn't even take into account much war spending that is projected to occur in the future.

A billion or two a day to fund the war is it?

Using the US for personal gain I say.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
And remember. We are the stupid idiots sitting here bitching about it on some site that the government might look at.

Then while at their next xmas party laugh on how stupid the American people really are. WE are sitting here letting them rape and plunder, take liberties, and all kinda other things so they can have a fat wallet when we will be lucky to get something in a soup kitchen.

You know, a friend and I was talking about all this political bs today..

I only have this to say to you people. You wanna sit here and bitch and whine about what someone is doing instead of not doing something about it.. Then go watch American idol and think all is better or football or something... Go for it. But when the depression hits or whatever these morons have planned for us.. Remember We did nothing to stop this. We didn't lift a finger to do a damn thing to make sure this will ever happen again, We are as much at fault as bush or whoever. We let them take us for a ride.. Now we pay for it.

I am not going to tell u to vote Ron Paul cause I can give a rats ass less who you vote for.. But in the end we will say we tried by crying to other idiots like ourselves about something we had no control over..... Remember that..

Clinton was going to be impeached for getting a blow job, Bush hasn't even been thought of being impeached or anything for raping and destroying our way of life..

GOOD FOR YOU.. GOOD FOR ALL OF YOU....

In all seriousness I think we deserve it.

I dont care about the grammer on whatever.. you get my point..

[edit on 2/4/2008 by ThichHeaded]

top topics

join