It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just bought a Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I purchased a barreled action from samco global about a month ago. It is at the gun smith right now geting the barrel shortened to 26" from 29" The receiver drilled and taped with Leupold mounts and rings. I have a 3-9x 40 VX1 in the closit waiting for its return. A tinmey Saftey installed as the factory saftey will not work with the scope and a butterknife bolt handle being installed. I have a thumbhole laminate stock coming from Richards Microfit Gun stocks. This will be used for whitetail and varments as well as bench shooting.
To answer some of the other questions in the thread you can buy soft point surplus ammo mabe by Privi Partizan from Aim Surplus for about $10.00 per 20. Also Samco has some good deals on the 6.5 X 55. I shoot the Privi Partizan out of my K31 swiss and for the money you can not complain one bit. I was tearing holes at 72 yards the first day out. I have not been out since but with the reputation of the K31 Swiss and my experience so far I think it will easily provide 1/2" groups at 100 yards.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have shot the 6.5x55 mauser for 10 years. I have shot black russian boar and deer, I have used the Nosler 125 grain partition and found it extremly accurate at 2980 out of my Winchester Model 70. Not happy with its performance. have shot the 140 Nosler partition also very accurate better results, but I have settled on the sierra 160 grain semi point. It shoots just under and inch at 100 yards, chronos at 2550. Have shot deer out to 155 yards and they drop like hit by lighting. Also the black russian boar shot with this fall down right there. I have never recovered a 160 grain bullet from any game as they always go right through and leave dime sized exit holes. All other animals shot with 125 or 140 grain bullets did go 40 to 50 yards before dropping. Hope this helps anyone looking for a all around bullet weight.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

If you want to email the serial number, I can tell you what year the receiver was mfgd. It can be found in the Collector Grade publication Crown Jewels, by Dana Jones
Bill English ([email protected])

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have a 1916 7X57 mauser not sure where it was made couldn't make out the words they are covered by the scope

[edit on 8/22/2008 by Reneau]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have a 1920 Carl Gustaff custom made 6.5x55. Picked it up for 250.00. Anyway, my question is this. I bought a box of shells (remington) 140 grain. Is their anyway to tell if these are for the older guns like mine, or for the newer automatics they make in that same caliber. Mine is a bolt action. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have a swede 6.5 mauser 1902. I am having a hard time finding the value of this rifle. Can someone help me out on the price of this rifle. All matching #'s. Condition of the rifle is perfect. Rating on the brass plate is marked as new condition.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
u can get 1970's military ammo very cheaply on web. found it necessary to lube it up though, before inserting in clip. mine is gustof made in 1906, and, like some mentioned here, quite accurate [1moa]. installed a compensator which makes felt recoil about like a 22-250, and mounted leupold 3-9 scope. killer; a gun i'll keep forever.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I don't know about monetary value but as a survival firearm, it is an excellent choice as a one-size-fits-all cartridge.

For more info:

www.surplusrifle.com...

This site is loaded with info on many military surplus firearms not just rifles.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join