It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings in Alberta on the rise (article)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
just an article about UFO sightings in Alberta

thought I may throw this out there, figured it may draw some intrigue

UFO sightings are prevalent over Alberta and on the increase is of interest to this journalist. Perhaps the area reminds extraterrestrials of home, who knows, only the number UFO sightings in the area is on the rise - but that might be attributed to a sharp increase in population since the oil sands boom began. Housing in Ft. McMurray is at a premium because of it and with more people flooding into the area, chances are they're going to be witnessing more strange events and lights in the night skies over Alberta.

The Alberta UFO Study Group is one such organization that's sprung up over the Canadian UFO phenomena which is operated by Jim Moroney. Mr. Moroney claims he has been investigating extraterrestrial visits to Earth as well as UFOs for twenty years. He is the author of "The New Bridge" a book about the extraterrestrial presence on earth. Moroney describes his book as providing "solid insights into why the visitors are here, what they are trying to do, and the potential ramifications for our world."

But if you want real authentication of Alberta Canada UFO sightings, look no further than Canada's own Paul Hellyer, who was Defense Minister from 1963-67 under Prime Minister Lester Pearson who said, "UFOs are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head." This Canadian politician also said at the time there was a U.S. plot to develop weapons that could be used against the extraterrestrials visiting our planet. "I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something," Hellyer quipped. And say something he did, in a speech at the University of Toronto in September, 2005 which brought international media attention.

Source: axcessnews

Link to full article

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's funny that Alberta, Canada, and Texas would be experiencing a surge in UFO activity. They are the heart of the oil and gas industries in North America. Connection, I don't know. We might also look at the environmental destruction of Alberta due to the oil sands, or, more speculatively, the rise in drug use among workers in the province as a possible cause (a study was done linking drug use to overtired and overworked oil sands migrant workers). I personally believe that there is a link between altered states of consciousness and UFOs.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There should be a new Canadian UFO Survey put out soon ( March - April .

Keep an eye out for that. Local CTV stations talked about it last year so watch out for it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm from Alberta, and I've posted to a thread about the sightings I've seen recently. There were some other guys that saw the same thing on the same night a couple hundred miles north of me.

They are definately on the rise in Alberta

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
im from Edmonon and have witnessed 2 UFO events, which changed me into an obsessed freak LOL, i went out and got a telescope, learned the map of the stars so i didnt confuse myself, and study aircraft so i know when i see something again, i could go on and on but what im sayin is
ill most defintley keep everyone on here informed on Edmonton activity,

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
.b.mario, check out this thread, it's a small discussion I had with some guys in Red Deer late last year

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They saw pretty much the same things I had been seeing at that time, a boomerang shaped object the flew incredibly fast with dim lights that looked like a patch of stars crossing the sky in a matter of seconds. I did see them a couple more times after that discussion. It's been about a month since my last sighting, but thankfully I've had some other witnesses with me several times to see them as well.

top topics

join