It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu epidemic in Pakistan - 132 people (?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
AlertMap

I found this on the RSOE AlertMap this morning.

There are 132 infected people so far at the Reading Hospital, hyber Teaching Hospital, in Peshawar Pakistan

After confirmation of bird flu virus in some areas of the country, isolation wards have been set up to treat any patient infected with the deadly disease and emergency has been declared in major hospitals of NWFP.

I must say though I am a little sketchy on the details. The sumary page says that there are 132 infected people. The description says that they have that many rooms ready, that they are expecting to fill.

I suppose we will have to wait and see how this pans out. I will search for more information, and update this as soon as I find something.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
While searching for more info, I found this:

WHO H5N1 Situation Update on Pakistan Overdue

It is by Recombinomics. I saw them quoted on other reliable news sources, so I am assuming they are newsworthy. Anyway, this goes on to say that they have suspected human-to-human there since either November or December. There is so much there, it is really difficult to sum it up, so take a look and see what you think.

Im going to continue to search for more info on this. Apparently it was just put out there an hour ago, so there isnt much. Hopefully its a typo.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
is there anymore information on this? If this is credible this is a serious case. I can not find any more information on this...So im doubtful...

join