It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: February 4, 2008 - Fourth Undersea Fiber Optic Cable Cut.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
is it possible or probable that an unknown amount of undersea divers could have cut the wires? Whether it was a group or solo, it seems far more probable and reasonable to think that because there is no evidence of a ship coming across the optic cable- maybe they went underwater to cut it? who are they? I have no idea...but it seems clearly sabotaged...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The transport ministry said that footage recorded by onshore video cameras of the location of the cables showed no maritime traffic in the area when the cables were damaged.

"The ministry's maritime transport committee reviewed footage covering the period of 12 hours before and 12 hours after the cables were cut and no ships sailed the area," a statement said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Interesting,

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry for being belligerent and re-posting, but somehow no one seems to read the bottom post of any page... So, here it goes:

On February 19, after years of postponing and delays, the Iranians are finally getting ready to open their euro-denominated oil bourse.

That could mean a huge blow to the US dollar... maybe even the last nail in the coffin for our already ailing currency.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Sorry for being belligerent and re-posting, but somehow no one seems to read the bottom post of any page... So, here it goes:

On February 19, after years of postponing and delays, the Iranians are finally getting ready to open their euro-denominated oil bourse.

That could mean a huge blow to the US dollar... maybe even the last nail in the coffin for our already ailing currency.

Alrighty and this is all connected?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In Gulf War 1 didn't the Iraqui's speak about maintaining communications via the Internet after their normal lines of communications were cut?

And maybe the same is/was true for the present war.

Although the oil bourse Iranian currency bit is an interesting theory.

As far as an electrical outage when the cable were cut, it was either coincendental or coordinated.

It takes a set of commands back and forth to change the status of a generation unit or high voltage switch.
When communications drop out, the generators and/or switches stay as they were since there is no command.

Once communications goes out, operators intervene if any changes are wanted or required.
Along with that, the generators own devices keep it running at the same levels it was before.

Thing to keep in mind is, these large electrical systems were operated by operators long before long range control systems came into being.

And . . . here in the US anyway, most of the long range control stuff is via satellite.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well, I think those are a few too many coincidences:

-- On Feb. 19, Iran is scheduled to open its EURO-denominated oil bourse (the first one in the world, as far as I know).

-- On Jan. 29, two undersea Internet cables are cut near Egypt, allegedly by ships dragging their anchors. Two days later, the Egyptian government says there were no ships in the area, and the cables were in a secure zone where ships aren't even allowed.

-- On Feb. 1, another cable is cut off the coast of Dubai.

-- On Feb. 3, a fourth cable is cut.

-- Much of the Middle East and India have severe Internet blackouts; Iran is, to this day, completely WITHOUT Internet access.

-- It is well-known US Army doctrine to cut off enemies' communication lines before attacking.

-- There have been stories for years, that Saddam Hussein, before the US attacked Iraq, was just getting ready to sell his oil ONLY for euros.

Call me crazy, but I have the feeling all that is not a series of random events...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
uruknet.info...

According to this link Iran has internet service.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayman

www.abc.net.au...

ABC article regarding cable cuts.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Thank you, I don't know, but it does seem odd to me too.

I guess we can wait for more info.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bayman
uruknet.info...

I don't know but according to this traffic site, Iran has NO internet service.

CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE

The chart from the link shows Iran at ZERO!!

[edit on 4-2-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bayman
uruknet.info...

I ran tracert on the 3 web addresses in Iran and the following happen:

The 1st and 3rd lead me to the wrong IP Addresses and the 2nd was unable to trace!

Black Ops could be setting up false sites???

Interesting

[edit on 2/4/08 by mel1962]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

If Iran has no internet . . . than who is placing false reports that they do???

Stranger yet the 3 websites do load, but their IP's are from Netherlands and Australia????

[edit on 2/4/08 by mel1962]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962

That is a good question. Perhaps both are correct. The land lines might be cut off but I'm sure they have satellite access unless that is also being taken care of and we just don't know yet.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by mel1962

That is a good question. Perhaps both are correct. The land lines might be cut off but I'm sure they have satellite access unless that is also being taken care of and we just don't know yet.

You would think if they had satellite access the IP's for the downlink would end somewhere in Russia or China and not Netherlands or Australia????

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Iranians inaugerate space program (from bbc news)

Not sure how relevant this is to you all.

However - It surprises me that I have known (and was a little put off by it) about that article since early last night and no one hast posted it on these threads at ATS. News from the middle east (something which I try to stay up on more than US news) IN MY OPINION has been coming in at a snails pace.

Choc

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
One thought that did cross my mind...

Everyone keeps asking who did it and why... I wonder if we should also be concentrating on who is going to fix these cut cables, and what the 'fix' might give them the oppoertunity to actually incorporate?

If all the ME internet traffic, and a good deal of the far east traffic, goes through these cut cables it might be the perfect opportunity to enhance the abilty of intel agencies (NSA, CIA, MI6, Mossad, etc) to monitor the traffic of certain countries.

Just a thought mind you, and I'm sure it'll get shot down in flames by someone any moment now.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here is a 2007 undersea cable map of the area. Hopefully someone can make some sense from it.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well, I think those are a few too many coincidences:

-- On Feb. 19, Iran is scheduled to open its EURO-denominated oil bourse (the first one in the world, as far as I know).

-- On Jan. 29, two undersea Internet cables are cut near Egypt, allegedly by ships dragging their anchors. Two days later, the Egyptian government says there were no ships in the area, and the cables were in a secure zone where ships aren't even allowed.

-- On Feb. 1, another cable is cut off the coast of Dubai.

-- On Feb. 3, a fourth cable is cut.

-- Much of the Middle East and India have severe Internet blackouts; Iran is, to this day, completely WITHOUT Internet access.

-- It is well-known US Army doctrine to cut off enemies' communication lines before attacking.

-- There have been stories for years, that Saddam Hussein, before the US attacked Iraq, was just getting ready to sell his oil ONLY for euros.

Call me crazy, but I have the feeling all that is not a series of random events...

You ain't crazy, Sylvie. I'm in agreement with you. When do we here on ATS believe ANY government's press release? Egyptian gov't SAYS no maritime activity at what I will refer to "the scene of the crime". This series of events reeks of conspiracy. Let me be the first to suggest SMERSH as the perpetrator. Seriously though, it is a prelude to some significant event. Let's keep a close watch, ATS members, and keep those theories coming!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Now, I thought there was some connection-but it only worked through the US/UK?

I also believe there may be land based lines as well as space based connections.

Now if the only connection they get is through the US, then the US could block all Iranian bank transactions-lost packets and any other excuses?

It occurs to me now, that if Iranian banking was interrupted, somehow, word would come out. I am sure adji-jiad would be ranting like a madman...again.

[edit on 2/4/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

perhaps somebody should e-mail irans president ah mad inejad and ask him if he is responsibile-----that's if they didn't cut their own internet connection.

maybe 1 or more of the revolting guards mini-subs was sent on this mission to defeat the west ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join