It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Lear no longer a consp. Master?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hmmmm... I woke up and found this thread.. Then I went to the main board.. It cant be true!!! Yet John Lear folder is gone.. I hope for good reason by his own accord he wanted out..
I will be the first person to say cya to this place if he was asked to leave..
I very much enjoy every Mr. Lear brought to the table.. While most would whine and cry over him, some of us would really like to thank him for the time spent on here trying his best to tell us things.. Maybe the DEW subject wasnt one of his best ones.. But I still respect the man for sticking to his guns..
John Lear is the reason I came to ATS in the first place.. If he is gone, I dont have many reasons to stay around..

Okay I went back to read some of the last posts.. Thanks Springer for clearing up the reasons and what not.. So I will be sticking around to see what else becomes of this place without Lear..

But I have to say I did enjoy everything he had to say with enjoyment, and a stedfast mind of skeptism.. Yet you just cant dislike someone like John Lear.. He is a lovable charater, and a great story teller..
I got a kick out of his whoppers, and some of them where true.. But you have to figure which ones where real, and what wasnt...

Damn John.. We will misss you.. Good luck with everything and you still have many fans, that will respect you to the end of days!

In the words of Dr. Love...
Peace

[edit on 4-2-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
Does your post constitute the offical announcement?

The Springer post constitutes the announcement, yes.

Fair enough - thanks Skyfloating. Such sudden reticence on the part of one normally so keen to express himself (JL) is alarming. I for one hope he's OK, and that his silence is not complete. I do think that ATS's loss is the next place's gain - wherever he's headed.

I didn't agree or believe more than 1% of what he said - but I still think the loss is huge to these boards.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Bollocks, says I.
Mr. Lear has a habit of clamming up and going away. I remember clearly that he was a fairly regular guest on C2C until the Lazar story faded. He then made some statement to the effect of "my last appearance" and "retiring from the public eye".
That lasted about a decade before his "famous" Lear Disclosure statement.

I have enjoyed some of his posts, detested some of his cryptic non replies, and fully believe that he has in the least, fostered discussion.

IMHO he'll go away for a year or two until he hungers for the spotlight again. In the mean time, I would watch for familiar posting patterns by another user name.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Tube2
It's funny because I always thought that he knew just tiny little too much at some point. For certain some things the alien rulers don't want us to know.

And before the CIA disinfo agents answer here I'd like to get an honest answer thx.

Here is the spooky part. You can be a CIA disinformation agent without your knowledge of it. In other words you dont have to be employed by any of the spook agencies and all their compartments and sub compartments. Besides, I dont think the CIA has very much to do with the Alien/UFO subject. I believe it is an agency never heard of before by even the CIA, NRO, NORAD, NSA, NASA, NCOM, Mil Agencies or any other known agency.

On John Lear:
I read alot of past threads with John Lear and there were many that badgered the poor guy on just about every post he did.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by fastwalker23]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

So Lear is no longer participating here and therefore unable or unwilling to share his reasoning for severing ties, and I'm sure that there are many who would appreciate some more information. You could provide us with an explanation of his reasoning, from your point of view, without presuming to put words into his mouth.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Springer, am I missing a post here or something, or has all this been done on the word of a third party that he is not coming back. Did you or Simon or SO talk to him directly about it to get this confirmation?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

A trusted friend has informed me, and I have seen it straight from John. There's no point in saying anymore, if Lear wanted to publicly say why he wants to leave he would have done so.

There was an issue with another CM that was handled badly on both sides, but ultimately resolved, that may have been the "straw", but he was talking about wanting to spend more time doing other things for a while and now he can.

It's not like he can't post here, he can, his membership is still open and in good standing.

In any case he was NOT "asked to leave" it was his choice and his alone and most definitely his right to do what he wants with his time.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am truely saddened to find out that John Lear will not be posting on ATS anymore. His ideas and the information that he posted here was one of the main reasons that I joined ATS. To say "good riddance" is quite the over-statement and a little drastic to me, but to each his/her own. I personnally enjoyed his attitude displayed in his posts though some would disagree, but it gave the threads some flare and added to the discussion. Anyway, I look forward to what the next Conspiracy Master has to say, maybe he/she can measure up to what Mr. Lear gave us. Best of luck to him in the future.

Purduegrad05

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am sure there is more to the story than we will ever hear. I would guess that at least a small part of the reason is the double standard applied to Sleepers work.
I find it interesting that management boasts about the one million hits mark and then turns around and treats two of the biggest contributors to help them hit that mark like a stain on the rug.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well I guess his age might have been catching up on him, answering questions constantly would wear me out too, he does make me chuckle and has some interesting ideas.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Hi Extralien,
well said, I really hope you don’t mind, but the things you said here reflex exactly how I think about Mr.Lear either.
It was the same with me, he makes me aware of ATS, and so far from 29/4/07 and from The Netherlands I very much enjoined the ride.

Mr. Lear, thanks for all your excellent input, and I will surely miss you here on ATS and wish you all the best.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyknockers

Do you mean the "double standard" of allowing sleeper's thread to stay in A/UFOs when all others that were similar were rightfully placed in SkunkWorks? We corrected that as well a couple weeks ago.

WRT treating someone as a "stain on the rug", that's just ridiculous.

Additionally, .007% of traffic is hardly "two of the biggest contributors" to anything, that was NOT why we hosted John.

We hosted John because nobody else that has any traffic to speak of would and we believe the extension of ones imagination while considering the possible through speculative discussion is an important part of this sites heritage.

I find it amazing that you fault us when we were the only site that defended his ability to post his theories and gave him a highlighted venue to do it from.

We just can't win in this one and I am not going to try.

Springer...

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
what is a CM?

I have read a few of his posts, I didn't find credible, but he was a character, that's for sure,

I think it is sad.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hmmmm, after he finishes his book? Sounds like Sleeper to me. Or maybe David Sereba?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

But, you had to see that one coming, right? Seriously though, thank you for all of your hard work. ATS gives my life meaning. Sad, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Hmmmm, after he finishes his book? Sounds like Sleeper to me. Or maybe David Sereba?

If I had to make a guess I'd say Timothy Good
. It'll be interesting to see who takes over, regardless.

I do however feel sad that John Lear has stopped being a CM and may not be posting here anymore. To be honest I found the treatment he received from some of the other members appalling. I think it's a measure of JL that he endured it for as long as he did, and that he mostly kept his cool and his dignity while replying to his detractors.

I found some of JL's ideas a bit too 'out there', while others struck a real chord, but his threads, posts, and replies were always very interesting and I personally think ATS has suffered a real loss.

Good luck John Lear!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23
On John Lear:
I read alot of past threads with John Lear and there were many that badgered the poor guy on just about every post he did.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by fastwalker23]

Agreed, and to an absolutely incredible degree, as if they were past-life enemies! I found John to be very thought-provoking, as well as entertaining. When I noticed his CM folder empty yesterday, I knew something had changed.

DG mentioned that maybe his skin wasn't thick enough for this crowd, likely true to a degree, and consequently may have had a lot to do with his exit. Yet, I wonder if even the Cloverfield monster's skin would have protected from some of the brutal and personal insults launched at JL and others, others who seem to be here to present related material to the forum.

Perhaps JL should have remarked one final time that all his talk was opinion and not fact (I can't count how many times I read where he qualified his statements with that) . . For me, everything he said after that was just that: his opinion. It was then up to me to accept or deny the message, but to attack (not question, but attack -- there is a difference) a human being for saying, "this is what I believe" in an environment designed to promote the more rational of radical ideas, seems somehow uncivilized...somehow against the very progressive intellect and common sense (common ?) to which we so desperately cling, yet of which we seem so delicately unsure.

I will miss John's particular flavor of mind expansion. An idea is absurd to me when it simply has no rational support or foundation, not because I've never heard of the thing before; this being true, I became and remained intrigued with JL's potential revelations. Had I gone to USATodayDotCom and found him there giving lectures, most certainly I would have demanded solid evidence, some cold hard facts. But here? Demanding cold hard facts on a conspiracy site? . .
I think Springer summed it perfectly: ...if you disagree with the idea of supporting highly-speculative ideas as a means to test the upper boundaries of our imagination, then quite frankly, ATS is not for you.

Good fortune in whatever direction life takes you, Mr. Lear, and when reflecting, remember friends before foes . .

[edit on 2/4/2008 by OptionToChoose]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
John, it'll be sad to see you go.

I guess zorgon and mikesingh are going to have to pick up some of the slack eh

Hope we'll see you back soon,

G

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ok, thanks. As far fetched as some of his stuff was, it sure as heck made me wonder. You don't often get people with his credentials saying the kinds of things he did, or at least to those extremes. But what if it is all true???

That was interesting light you shed on the situation, so again thanks. That kind of openness in a situation like this really does help stop the rumors. Just my opinion, but.... He'll be back eventually.
Hell, no one can resist this place once you get going.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm going to miss him. I really enjoyed his threads... made you think. That and he was very knowlegable about a lot of things. Such is change eh? I hope that his threads and eveything will at least be archived somewhere easy to find? I hope so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join