It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google really hitting ATSNN; I'm impressed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I did a search on "Wal-Mart NWO" and got my own ATSNN post in the top ten results.

www.atsnn.com...

I've been shocked by google and ATS before when a friend I hadn't seen in years found me because I posted his name in a BTS column before on "favorite artists", but "Wal-Mart NWO" is pretty broad.

Has anyone else tried to search similar broad topics and gotten ATS or ATSNN right back in their face?

If Google learns your tastes and increases results accordingly then maybe I'm talking out of my bum, but I don't know how it works... I'm asking. (Though I hear it will IPO this summer!)

Either way, good for ATSNN.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
search for ur nick, youll be surprised on what come up

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
search for ur nick, youll be surprised on what come up

Yours I could see, but mine's a verb. Kind of common. Do you get your own posts back, really?

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I did your name and got 10 ATS posts.

Okay, so I'm an idiot and everyone knew this. DOH!

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

We do very well on our google searches for some reason, i'm sure the supreme skeptic overlord will be along soon to explain in much detail how it happens.

Or we're just damn lucky

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yeah i did it and the first thing i saw was something i didnt even post to

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm not suprised becuase you gotta think, "how many wal-mart/nwo related subjects are on the internet and what would the chances of my own posts being at the top?" .....cool beans Rant.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Oh, and since ats is in cahoots with google, I'm sure they would post our materials first.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
No post in RATS will ever show up in a web search, right, or could be viewed without the points commitment?

I'm debating a topic...

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i read somewhere they keep an eye on what you serch for and logg it but dont know how it works

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I searched for me.

I found two of my blog entries, five ATS posts, and Two BTS posts.

Cool

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeah but you can't access the entries, didn't work for me anyways. I also tried Yahoo (I prefer it), and there was several entries in the top ten for posts I made here at ATS.

Very interesting all the same, just goes to show you that anything on the web is accessible to virtually anyone if they want to search for it.

top topics

join