It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast rocks southern Israel town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Blast rocks southern Israel town

news.bbc.co.uk

An explosion has rocked a shopping centre in the southern Israeli town of Dimona, Army Radio reported.
--
Israeli rescue services said five had been wounded in addition to the fatalities, and they added that it appeared to have been a "terror-related incident".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
dimona, as some people will know, is the town where their nuclear facility is.

just wondering about the recent cutting of the internet lines around the middle east and the speculation as to why ....

so is this incident a false flag, a direct threat near the nuclear facility or just an unrelated terrorist incident?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

NOTE: article changed now says:

Suicide bomb kills three Israelis
Map showing Dimona
A suicide bomber has killed three people in the southern Israeli town of Dimona, Israeli police say.

edit to reflect changing conditions on the story

[edit on 4-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I am going to go with unrelated terrorist activity. I think something fairlly significant has to happen in Israel for me to think it is anything unusual. Bombings there are so frequent that it is tough to read anything into this one that only killed 3 people.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
the story has changed again on the bbc webby ...
news.bbc.co.uk...

apparently its is now 2 suicide bombers and one woman killed. one of the bombers was shot dead before detonating the bomb.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
www.time.com...

Apparently there hasn't been a suicide bomb in Israel in over a year. I find the timing rather convenient, now Israel can show Egypt how important it is that they secure their border. I think that Israel is capable of staging something like this, as for the Palestinians it doesn't seem like great timing for them to do this while they have an opening at the Egyptian border?? Also there were two bombers, is this common? I always thought they went alone, and why did the second bomber wait until the cop got there before trying to blow himself up, I guess that cop was real lucky just running in there knowing there was an live bomber in there. I may be just becoming cynical about anything I hear about Israel but it just seems a bit off.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
it does seem that they are purposely pushing the point of the bombers going through the egypt border breach..
are they (israel) gonna use that as an excuse to further close up the border and quite literally starve them out?
the original plan of cutting off water and electricity didnt work and now the only life line is (allegedly) involved in the first suicide bombing in a year.
interesting to see what comes of this.

new topics

top topics

join