It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Star Wars Force Unleashed

This game is going to be awesome! The story that is told so far for the game is:

You are Darth Vaders young apprentice. Darth Vader teaches him to use the highest level of the force ever used. This Jedi is a brutal Jedi. You can also impale enemies with your light saber. Also, he meets and falls in love with a character in the game Juno Eclipse, hmmm..... There is a new type of Jedi also introduced that uses night stick type light sabers, Maris Broon. Roxy is the Jedi's Droid. Shaak Ti is also a Jedi Master in this game. General Rahm Kota is another Jedi in the game.

This game looks very promising.

There is also going to be a book about this. I wonder if a movie will be coming soon
>.
[edit on 4-2-2008 by jca2005]

[edit on 4-2-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm highly anticipating this one as well. Going to get it as soon as it drops. Thanks for reminding me!!

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Is this game coming to PC or console only?

I liked some of the previous SW games (KOTOR was good) but I always find them short and slightly lacking.

If its console only, ill be very disappointed.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
InSpiteOf,

Unfortunately it was announced by the developers that it is console only. They did not have any plans for the pc yet:'(. I do not have a console either. I am sort of upset right now. I am paying payments to dell for my new gaming pc, because of that, I can't get any consoles right now.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Well thats not really surprising, they probably will release a port for PC, but i hate ports, their buggy, have crappy camera angles, no useful help files, and fewer graphics options.

I wouldnt want a console anyways. PC's will always be on top, regardless of what titles are "exclusivly" for console.

BTW, what are your specs?

I build my own clones, but if you dont have the time, i understand going package.

DCP

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
it will be interesting to see how many people are going to go full Jedi on the Wii and hurt themselves?? That would be embarrassing to tell he person in the ER why you are really there

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The game looks really cool. I remember seeing a video a while back with the game engine where people/things react independently to their surroundings.

They dangled a stormtrooper in the air and he tried to grab whatever was close to him, then latched on to it. Really neat AI.

The only thing I haven't read was anything about customizing the main character. That would really top this game off well. Change his features/clothes/helmets and stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
BTW, what are your specs?

I build my own clones, but if you don't have the time, i understand going package.

I have 4gigs of ram, Vista 32 bit home premium, 300gb hard drive, SP1 Beta, Intel Duo Core 2 6700.

What do you mean you build your own clones? I didn't understand that part.

BTW, PC's have always been better. Better Graphics, and I like playing with keyboard and mouse, as I can aim/move quicker, and see everyone and everything around me.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
What do you mean you build your own clones? I didn't understand that part.

He means building his own PC, rather than having one pre-made and then sent to you in the mail. Quite honestly, if you have the space to do it, with little to no static electricity to bother you, I'd recommend building your own as well. It's cheaper than getting a pre-built, generally.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Did the company you got your PC from recomend you get 4 gigs? Or did you upgrade? What type of vid card do you have?

The Borg is right, clone PC's are just PC's you build yourself. I work with static sensitive objects all day, so I have a horde of anti-static devices (wrist straps, grounding pads, bags, etc)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am sorry I misunderstood you. I upgraded to 4gigs of ram myself. I have an Nvidia Geforce 8800gts 320mb card. I bought a dell XPS 410 gaming system, so I could pay payments on it. I can build my own computer, I just don't like getting one part at a time. But I guess it would be cheaper on me.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No worries, The reason i asked about your ram is I was wondering if you've noticed the annoying bottleneck with 4 gigs on a 32 bit system.

To be honest, you dont need to buy the parts one at a time, go to tigerdirect.com or .ca depending on if your a US or Canadian citizen, buy em all at once, and generally at a cheaper price.

the 8800 is a wicked series of cards, i have the 640 edition myself.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well at the moment, it would be hard to dish out a few thousands bucks to build a computer myself.

new topics

top topics

join