It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limit foreign footballers say MPs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

A group of MPs has called on football clubs to cut the number of foreign players in the English game.

Source:news.bbc.co.uk...

Totally agree, we have great footballers who are not given the chance.We also have great footballers from the minority groups.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We should also ban foreigners from owning clubs in the UK.

Before you know it Footie will have 4 quarters, timeouts and 25 umpires for each game!!

European working laws my bum cheeks. Stuff Europe.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If you trained the ones here 'properly' they will be just as good...when you are in the mentality 'the foreigners are better' it is a great injustice, what is so different about them and the english players? it is all about recognising the able, 'real' management and training...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I dont think it will happen, although I would love to see it!

EU working laws or something along those lines

The above reference about training up youngsters....

Most clubs have great training facilities and coaches, its just the youngsters, im my opinion arent being given the chance to break into the first team, at Prem level at least.

Take Ben Foster, Goalkeeper for Man. Utd. has'nt had a sniff of first team action! (I know he's injured at the minute) he went out on loan to Watford, and proved so good, he got an England cap!

hopefully, If FIFA & UEFA can get the rule brought in, it'll give players like Ben Foster and other brilliant youngsters the chance they deserve at the top level!

new topics

top topics

join