It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China banks cut Iran business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

China banks cut Iran business

www.gulf-daily-news.com

TEHRAN: Chinese banks have cut back business with Iranian banks due to US pressure over Tehran's nuclear programme, an Iranian Foreign Ministry official said.

The US has urged international banks and companies to stop dealing with or investing in Iran.

Many Western banks have either halted transactions with Iranian customers or reduced business with them sharply.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
China cuts banking ties with Iran?????

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well the sanctions might not be working, but it appears that Washington pressure, in this case, certainly is.

But again I ask, why are they pursuing this when our own National Intelligence Estimate concluded with moderate to high confidence that Iran stopped in 2003?

:shk:

www.gulf-daily-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I guess this beats bombing them. Although, this is probably just a move to try and provoke them into some sort of desperate action. I am honestly surprised that China is siding with the US over Iran though. I thought that China and Russia were Iran's biggest supporters.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Some good points there.

Might it also be possible that in reality, this is just a coverup for what is really going on, to make the West THINK they are going along with Washington?

Because like you, I find it surprising. On the other hand, maybe it is no surprise at all when you look at the economic interest the Chinese maintain in the US, vs. the same in Iran. Remember, politics is a business. Forget the morals.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

top topics

join