It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of 9/11 panel had friends in White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Head of 9/11 panel had friends in White House

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The September 11 commission's executive director had closer ties with the White House than publicly disclosed and tried to influence the final report in ways that the staff often perceived as limiting the Bush administration's responsibility, a new book says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hmm, I wonder if we are going to see more reports like this one as Bush's reign comes to a close.

Obviously not everything was how it was written in the books.

Don't believe everything the govt. tells its people, someone is always benefiting or covering something up...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Seems like I remember Bush originally wanted Kissinger to head it, but Kissinger basically said no, because it would look to fake.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The commission's executive director once tried to push through wording in a draft report that suggested a greater tie between al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and Iraq

Seems that they had plans to enter Iraq long before we claimed they had WMDs...
While most of us already knew that, this could be a trigger to the rest of the general populace.

The book says that in early 2004, Zelikow allegedly sought to add to an initial staff report wording that linked al-Qaida to Iraq. The wording would have said the terrorist network repeatedly tried to communicate with the government of Saddam Hussein, a claim of cooperation the administration had cited to justify the war in Iraq.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
does this need to be moved in the 9/11 panel or something???
I think this is a serious find.
It could help debunk debunkers that think the books said it all.
Now America knows something is up!

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
*sarcasm* What???? I was certain that the 9/11 Commission was totally unbiased and working to give us an answer for what happened that day. How could there be Bush cronie on the commission...that stuff doesn't happen in America. *end sarcasm*

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Remember, there is no conspiracy here folks. Move along. Our gov was 100% truthfull in everything regarding 911. Shame on you all for believing otherwise.

>end sarcasm

new topics

top topics

join