It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.X: TheLibra Unbalanced: Ep3, Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
PODcast:

TheLibra Unbalanced: Ep3, Time

The newest episode of TheLibra Unbalanced returns this quarter, and we've upped the ante considerably. This episode we interview Father Time himself, explore the modern concepts of time, and what the phrase "time is relative" really means, in layman's terms. Join us for a tongue-in-cheek look at the furthest reaches of mind-blowing science, and music.

Contributor Links:
Song: Doctor and The Tardis by The KLF
Song: Wood, Wind and Skin by Resonance
Experiment: Time by RadioLab

Want to contribute material, expertise, interviews, music, etc?
Email the show at: [email protected]

Running Time: 21m 27s
Size: ~20meg

Lo-Fi version will be made upon request.

FUTURE EPISODES Of TheLibra Unbalanced will be abbreviated as "TLU" in the Podcast title bar, to save space.

length: 21:27
file: atsxpod_2794.mp3
size: 20118k
feed: atsx

(edit to add show's email address)

[edit on 2/4/2008 by thelibra]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hey...

Great Podcast thelibra... Loved the Dr.Who beginning... ala Gary Glitter-ish...

Fantastic beds and blankets, production values abound galore...

I've decided that you are my new "Mr. Whoppie" and your a genius! (Ol' Tennessee Tuxedo reference)

"Father Time" working with a time-glass the guy before him a Sun-dial.. just cracked me up... And who on Earth was Father Time?.. he was great! "Don't get to attached to your work... your already obsolete"...LOL

Keep this up,, and we may have a new Orson Welles on our hands..

Virtual Applause, Accolades, and donations to the charity of your choice..!

Johnny

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks Johnny! Your compliment means a lot to me, as ATSMix is the standard I hold my own podcast attempts to. The guy who did the voice of Father Time is one of my best friends, Brain, who used to be a theater actor, but, like me, had to quit and find a real job once he got married and had a kid.

I forgot to mention, by the way, that the podcast now has an email address for anyone who wants to contribute material, interviews, expertise, or music.

[email protected]

I can't promise I'll use everything that's sent by everyone, but I'm definitely always on the lookout for more "stuff and things".

Perhaps eventually I'll even be able to podcast more than once a quarter!

(edit to include the email address)

[edit on 2/4/2008 by thelibra]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Finally got around to listening to this....what Johnny said....

Flippin fantabulous, libra...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Finally got around to listening to this....what Johnny said....

Flippin fantabulous, libra...

Thanks man, I'm going to try and get another podcast out in the next month or so. I'm currently using my scant "computer time" to put together a wedding video for some friends. Once that's done, I'll do the next segment, which I'm thinking will probably be on either Robots or Hinduism. I've got a Swami lined up for an interview, which should be really neat, and maybe Dr. Cynthia Breazeal (the MIT prof who developed Kismet). The choice largely comes down to who is available at the time I'm ready to proceed.

new topics

top topics

join