It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good against Evil who is Winning ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Would there being a balance in nature and all things living be able to answer this question? Maybe no one will ever win. Maybe that's not the way it's suppose to work. One kind of requires the other one for it to exist. Without any evil being around would we really know what good is?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandalorianwarrior
Without any evil being around would we really know what good is?

Exactly! You could just live. Good requires nothing except love. Why would you want to know so much about evil? When I was a child I didn't know anything about evil. Life was great! Now that I have seen evil, I nearly must become evil myself to fight it down.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Evil is winning now and has been for some time. It is as was written and proposed and agreed to. But good will triumph as strives to save its defenders and allies in the great battles to come. What side are you on?

By good you mean service to others, and by evil you mean service to self? Well both are in perfect balance in the universe, but our planet seems predominately service to self. We are service to self 3rd density beings controlled by 4th density service to self overlords. By choice, I should add.

The choice is always whether you will remain service to self or move to a service to others orientation. But other than that good and evil are relative

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You would at least know of the effects of evil if you were a child and a family member you loved was killed. Ignorance may not be bliss in this situation. Then again, it may be the ultimate bliss. Especially if we had a new start where everything was starting from scratch. A newbody and such. I just thing that a level of appreciation for good things would be higher with a knowledge of evil. It seems so mindless and almost sad to not understand why something is better than bad. I am also clinging to our earthly understanding of things.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Good against Evil who is Winning ?

I think evil is clearly winning. It has been for a loong time.......

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hamilton you just solved this whole post.

"" When I was a child, i didn't have a clue what evil was, and it was (great!) ""

you see?

And since you did not know evil as a child, were you stll good? I mean since evil needs good, then how come you were good without knowing evil?

Heaven if you believe in it is like a kingdom of nothing but children. once you can imagine heaven like this then you can understand what heaven is like which is innocent. No evil.

peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There is indeed too much evil but it must get worse before it gets better

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Did anyone hear Art Bell's show last night??
(Coast to Coast AM) He had a man on who, if he MEANT what he said, could be considered as EVIL!

I listened patiently at the beginning. Then he began to say that in the future, "we" (like his bosses would let him be with them) shall have to KILL the mentally "feeble" and handicapped! He went on about camps to put people in and deprogramming them, etc. I was so angry by the end of the show that I could have spit nails! I looked at his website. He looked like a Skinhead! He was WRONG, because if he knew anything about spirituality, it is usually agreed by all to be a rather pacifist belief system. HE included worshipping LUCIFER and KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE in it.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
1. Concerning the religions one might say the good is winning and will always win, because Satan lost.

2. Concerning science one might say the ''good'' is winning because everything which happens is deterministic.

3. Concerning the environmental activists ''evil'' is winning, because menkind is destroying it.

About number 1. I have to say I don't believe it because I personally belief Satan was the ''good'' one, and God wasn't.

Next to this I use the idea that animals can't really do ''evil'' because they survive, while we should be doing better. On the other hand we are also still surviving, and the instinct is stronger then the mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
HE included worshipping LUCIFER it.

This is something in which I can relate because it is the only reasonable conclusion of which I can come when I put the information of the Egyptian religion and the God of Christ together.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am actually quite upset to see this thread. Is 'evil' winning; is 'good' winning? Does it help you to sleep at night? What is evil or good for that matter? That which propagandates your way of life?

'Evil' is one's perception as a means to an end....just the same as 'good' as another's means to an end. Niether has any stance in Absolute Truth/
Reality.

My girlfriend's sister's exboyfriend once said that he would never resort to violence even if that meant that she (girlfriend's sister) would come to harm. Is this rightousness, valance, goodness?

It is incompedence! If you do not fight for what you believe in, then you believe in nothing. Forgive me if this sounds like romantizism, but I will kill and die for those that I find faith in. We go to work, go home and sleep over and over again. What point do we have at existing at all. It is pointless! # capatilism! I can take none of these pointless things with me into death. I can only take the knowledge that I have protected anything that is valuable to my grave. I will die.....just like you...and you.......and you.....pointless deaths for none other reason that it is part of a cycle.

Sorry to tell you this, but you are not special. God is not waiting for your avivel. What would god what that you have? Think about it! We believe that we are something more spiritual/important then we are so that we will feel better then our perception of everyone else around us. I am sorry to inform you that you are no better or worse then any other human being around you. Ego is your destruction! As humans we need it as a wanderer needs a boat to cross the river, but after the river has been transfered the boat only becomes a burden to be carried on ones back after it's purposed has been fulfilled.

I am a lier. Go one believing what you did! It dosen't matter.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

My girlfriend's sister's exboyfriend once said that he would never resort to violence even if that meant that she (girlfriend's sister) would come to harm.

and that's why he's an exboyfriend.
by the way, I think evil is winning, but eventually good will come back with a vengence and destroy evil, but doesn't that make good evil in a sense? destruction, fight, etc. as stated before, without evil there is no good and vice versa, it's got to balance itself somehow.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good or Evil?

Maybe we should rephrase to evil as in Ignorance.
The world is nigh high in Ignorance, as a collective consciousness Ignorance is winning.

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
what i really want to know is what is evil exactly? if by "evil" we mean people who think differently than yourself, how do we perceive evil? there are 2 sides or more to all story's.
but if we are just generalizing "evil" i would have to say evil. i remeber when i was younger i was in trouble quite a bit. someone said to me "its easy to be bad, but its harder to be good". iv never really thought about it until lately, but its true. being bad is very gratifying in a way. a lot of people like this gratification, much like heroin addicts. but in my opinion what is and isnt evil is very hard to judge. in my opinion billboards are evil, but to most its just a way for big corporations to advertise. everyones perception of evil is different from the next. but when was the last time you heard something nice or pleasant on the news besides something extremely idiotic and brainless? evil is winning, and in a big way.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Good or Evil?

Maybe we should rephrase to evil as in Ignorance.
Deep

There are some very intellegent people who know what they are doing is evil, but do it anyways.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
arrogance then?

LoL, in the end they still are ignorant and wrapped up in thier own " greed ".

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
what i really want to know is what is evil exactly? if by "evil" we mean people who think differently than yourself, how do we perceive evil? there are 2 sides or more to all story's.

All I can say is thank you! Evil does not exist, nor does goodness. It is all the view from where you are standing.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
the only thing we fight is ourselves. good and evil are just things that work or dont work for YOU. the opposite of what YOU dont believe in could be called evil or it could just be another choice, as they all are. whether you choose to label them or not doesn't really matter. in the end, that is... as far as we know from what we experience that is... but of course, we'll all find out when our time comes, eventually...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
What is evil or good for that matter?

The Tree of the Wisdom of the Good (Law and rightiousness) and Ra (science). I think that's a much better translation. The word translated evil is infact Ra. The name of the Sun in ancient Egypt.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
what i really want to know is what is evil exactly?

Again. The word translated evil in the story about the Tree of Wisdom is Ra. The knowledge of science so to speek. While Good refers to maybe the knowledge of rightiousness, justice, agreements, pacts, covenants and so on. Both concepts are rather dualist in nature; Law and Science.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by Hamilton]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join