It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's Something Wicked in the Wind.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The 5% unemployment rate is based on those that still have unemployment benefits coming to them. I know many people who are still unemployed with no more benefits. I own my own bussiness and hire only american citizens and those immigrants with documentation, and find myself having a difficult time competing with other businesses as mine because they hire undocumented workers that unfortunatley are forced by circumstance to work for less than minimum wage, these types of employers are spreading the slave mentallity. And yes it is emotional, I watch my friends and family pay for the greed that runs rampid in this country.

As far as corporations that export jobs in order to benefit from the slave labor just go to any retailer and look at the country of muanufacture clearly labeled on said products.

Have a nice day.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
As far as corporations that export jobs in order to benefit from the slave labor just go to any retailer and look at the country of muanufacture clearly labeled on said products.

The main reason corporations are exporting their manufacturing overseas is NOT because of slave labor, its because of the suffocating government regulations which not only hamper production but increases costs. Another large reason is because of the state and federal tax burden.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Check this link out..
Looks like some good inet access to me.

I've been reading many articles on this and the "bad wind" theory has been spreading like fire. To me, if the inet cables were going to be cut for a military back stab, it would have been at the same time.

Sort of like this:

1200hrs: cables 1 - 2- 3- 4 "snip"
1215 hrs confirmation cables have been cut
1300 many targets would have been destroyed by this point as well as local commo jams
1900 hrs.. the world learns about it but it's too late

Sure it's possible something is brewing, but I believe that the positive forces we aren't aware of are doing a better job than people may give them credit for at this point.

b

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
People always feel this way during an election year. Why? Because that's when the focus rolls around again to evaluating what's going on in the world.

There are also only two possible political campaigns. One is for the incumbent to tell everybody they're working on solving the problems, and that everything will be okay if they get re-elected. The other is for the challenger to keep pointing out the problems and tell people that they only way to solve the problems is to throw the bastards out.

Stay the course. Throw the bastards out.

Either way, the focus gets put on the "problems," which have actually been there all along and which will still be there no matter who gets elected.

Doom. Doom. DOOM!

My psychic prediction is that between now and election time (and for some time after) there will be a lot more of these "impending doom/something evil in the air" threads on this site.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Definitions of NON SEQUITUR on the Web:

(Latin). Literally, "it does not follow." Given the conditions or situation set forth, a non sequitur is a fallacy, illogical inference or unwarranted conclusion.

Source

using the logic set forth in this article we intend to use nuclear weapons because we have them in our possession.

It also goes on the assumption thet we know 911 was an inside job. I know the story(ies) presented by the media and government don't add up. However neither side has been able to prove its case.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I second that. That was a bit hurtful. I consider myself "awake" if you know what I mean, but I still love football. What's the big deal. Yes, I understand the Roman gladiator analogy, I've even used it myself a few times. However, nothing wrong, IMO, with everyone coming together to enjoy a football game. It can be a bit of relief from the doom and gloom, and an excuse to eat some wings and cheer on your team with your friends. (We made Borg, reptilian, and illuminati jokes during the game anyway). go Giants.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A little upate on the "wargames" or whatever is going on here in Phoenix. Bad weather has really set in , its actually SNOWING where I am, so visibility is near zero, but the flyboys are running non stop. Every few minutes i hear the low boom -rumble of supersonic fighters in the distance. We are on high alert folks. Heads up.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't know why I didn't trash this thread the first time I noticed it was nothing but a copy paste job from another site. :shk:

Now here we sit with three pages of replies (on what seems multiple topics) 20 flags and 17 stars even after I pointed out the obvious. Now this OP's thread is featured as the top thread of the day in the banner at the top of the page.

You may argue that the content of the article is worthy of discussion, but I hardly feel that the OP deserved your flags and stars as outstanding work or posting skill.

I've seen some people occasionally wonder at the integrity of the flagging and star system.

With examples like this on the site, I have to wonder myself.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join